2021 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft
The AFL wishes to advise Clubs were this week notified the 2021 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft will be conducted at the conclusion of Round 11 of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, on the evening of Wednesday June 2, 2021.
NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft (Wednesday, 2 June 2021)
Please note the following:
- For Clubs to participate, they must have an available Rookie list spot by 5:00pm AEST on Tuesday June 1, 2021.
Please note: If an AFL-listed player suffers a year ending injury or retires, the player can be placed on the Inactive List and be replaced by a Mid-Season Rookie Draft (MSRD) Player.
- Clubs that choose to participate in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft will select in reverse ladder order set at the conclusion of Round 11.
- Eligible players can nominate for the Mid-Season Rookie Draft from 9:00am AEST Monday May 10, 2021 – 5:00pm AEST Tuesday May 25, 2021.
Eligible players include:
- A Player who nominated for the most recent NAB AFL National Draft.
Please note: A Player who nominated for and was not selected during the Draft and who committed for a further year as a 19-year-old Northern or NGA Academy Player is available to all Clubs should they nominate for the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.
- A Player who has previously been on the list of a Club (not required to nominate for the most recent Draft) refers to the following situations:
A Delisted Player
Please note: A Player delisted by a Club cannot be reselected in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft by the same Club in the period immediately following their delisting unless they nominated for the most recent Draft.
A Retired Player and/or a Player who has delisted himself and has not been on an AFL List for one year or more. For example, a player who retired in 2020 is not able to be selected in the 2021 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.
Any player who does not meet the above criteria can be nominated by a representative of the AFL Talent Pathway, their AFLPA accredited agent or the player themselves and be considered for an exemption. For the avoidance of doubt, a player in their 18th year or younger will not be eligible for an exemption.
State League Participation:
Players who are selected in the 2021 Mid-Season Rookie Draft that stay in their original State are subject to the following:
- They will not be permitted to play against their original Club unless otherwise agreed by all parties.
- The player has the right to return to their original Club to participate in finals if their service is no longer required at their AFL Club.
AFL Press Release 30 April 2021
2021 AFLM & AFLW Membership
2021 Richmond Cheer Squad Membership