Notifications
Clear all

AFLM Round 4: Port Adelaide v Richmond

Coach
(@coach)
Legend Coach

Port will be looking for revenge at being beaten on their home deck in last year's Preliminary Final.

Tigers lose Prestia and McIntosh who will both be missed. Houli comes back from injury while Jack Ross earns his place to replace Prestia. Two first gamers - Mansell and Martyn make a total of 4 changes from the team that lost to the Swans last week.

I'm expecting Naish to be named as the medical emergency for the game.

Ins: Bachar Houli, Jack Ross, Rhyan Mansell, Will Martyn

Outs: Daniel Rioli (Omitted), Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (Omitted), Dion Prestia (Injured), Josh Caddy (Omitted), Kamdyn McIntosh (Injured)

Cheers!
Coach
2021 AFLM & AFLW Membership
2021 Richmond Cheer Squad Membership

Topic starter Posted : 08/04/2021 23:20
Coach
(@coach)
Legend Coach

Caddy is the medical emergency. 

Cheers!
Coach

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/04/2021 18:55
Coach
(@coach)
Legend Coach

The end result was that we fell just short of the win. Sure, some will blame the umpires for the loss. While I’ll admit that they didn’t have a great game, the Tigers had a few blunders that actually cost us the game:

• Grimes handballs straight to a Port player who kicks a goal
  • Jack misses a goal from straight in front - last quarter
  • George misses a soccer goal from the goal square - last quarter

in addition to the above, Port missed some gettable shots at goal. 

My top 3 for the game were:

1. Nankervis
  2. Lambert
  3. Houli

Cheers!
Coach

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2021 12:04
Bones liked
Bones
(@bones)
500 Games Registered

@coach

I missed most of the game, but two losses in a row is feeling a bit too much like old country to me. Am I too greedy wanting a three peat? Do I want to see new blood in the team or cheer on the guys in their 30s who have done so much for us over the last five years? I kept on thinking "we can win this" right to the end, something I never used to think with Richmond -- or at least not since the 1970s.

And did someone really offer Hardwick tissues for his imagined tears? Port supporters really do live on another planet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2021 00:38
Coach
(@coach)
Legend Coach

I'm not too worried just yet @bones. Last year we were 1 win, 1 (poor) draw, 2 losses after 4 rounds.

A win against the 'Aints to get back on track and then then 2 big games against the dogs and the cats.

I think that Port supporters are the worst, so am surprised that it was tissue that was offered Smile /p>

Cheers!
Coach

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2021 15:40