1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Yellow Sash Award

The Votes are in for Round 21!

Apologies for not updating the Leaderboard for a few weeks. The good news is that after Round 21, Dusty still has a winning lead over Rance who is still 3 points ahead of Cotch. Following is Astbury, Lambert, Prestia, Grigg, Nankervis,  Riewoldt, and Nick Vlastuin rounding out the top 10.

35 points

16 points

13 points
    1st2nd3rd

2017 Trade Talk

Discussion in 'Richmond Ramblings' started by TigerHardwick, Sep 4, 2017.

1. ceehook

ceehook Revered

Featured Threads:
    Yes I suspect the only VFL he would see would be as amspectator watching a mate

First thoughts seeing him was purely a ruck type , but he seems to like playing forward, the question then is can a side have a serious tilt at a flag with him CHF ?

2. country-tige

country-tige Seriously Well Liked

We're having a serious tilt right now with him in the ruck mate - why fiddle?
    Keep him there, and shore up our weak spots with other blokes who can relieve. Recruit more ruck stock in the meantime, and if they can push him out of his spot, fair enough.
    Nank is a warrior - I love him all over the ground rather than being confined to just the forward line.

3. ROYCY HART A TRUE CHF

ROYCY HART A TRUE CHF Seriously Well Liked

So
    So if Geelong lose....which I think they will... then we will get either Pick #13 or #14 depending on the GWS v Weagles outcome.

Carn the Swannies & the Weagles ..............

Gracie likes this.
  4. terry31

terry31 Revered

Featured Threads:
    He chases, even when up against a gun midfielder, he runs after them and it works, he applies pressure. A few times I've seen the ball carrier look across and realise this guy is not giving up and disposing of the ball sooner than he wanted.

Vosstiger and Gracie like this.
  5. TigerHardwick

TigerHardwick Seriously Well Liked

Featured Threads:
    We've all heard murmurings of Stringer being traded but tonight Beveridge confirmed he will be traded.

6. Black

Black Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:

I'm a bit behind with this thread but these two posts needed to get another run due to their extreme piss funniness !

Graeme Bowman, Vines and iTiger59 like this.
  7. Black

Black Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    Stringer has in essence , been sacked.

When are you lads gonna learn ? Always bet on the Black !

:D

8. thebigricho

thebigricho Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    That's where I sit. In the past week everyone from Richmond wants to sign from the rooftops about how tight the group is and how much love there is for one another.

If they really believe that they should back themselves to bring a talented dickhead with them.

15th in AFL for goals over past three years. That would be handy.

Barrel likes this.
  9. Vines

Vines Adored Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    That would be handy if it wasn't heavily weighted with goals he kicked in the first 18 months of those three years...

10. Graeme Bowman

Graeme Bowman Revered

Featured Threads:
    Corrrect. And the more inclusive we are of the hearing-impaired the better.

Mr Babilla, Black, believe! and 2 others like this.
  11. Vines

Featured Threads:
    Troy Taylor, Cousins, Yarran all came with issues. Mixed results...Yarran was high risk, and cost a top 20 pick. Stringer will not come cheap....massive PASS.

iTiger59 likes this.
  12. thebigricho

Featured Threads:
    Very different categories of player.

Taylor was a gamble on a kid with issues, Cousins was at the end of his career and Yarran was an ordinary player, ordinary trainer and unprofessional athlete and we were too dumb to know it. Stringer is probably the latter two at the moment but the first one is the only one you can't fix.

We know Stringer can play elite footy so that's a tick and he is 23. Get him in the right space and he could play for 10 years and kick 600 goals for us. He is really just coming in to the years when he will peak as a player.

The balance of risk/reward is very appealing I think.

amigo, Barrel and TigerHardwick like this.
  13. Gracie

Gracie Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    Stringer is a proven elite player. Has a premiership and has been All Australian. He is 23 years of age.

He will cost one of our 1st round picks. On 2015 form that is massive unders. On trouble player just kicked out of his current club maybe overs.

192cm 92kg has played 89 games. Has 160 goals 103 behinds so kicks well.

What concerns me is the vision King showed on On The Couch during the year where Stringer was abysmal when the opposition got the ball. No chase no pressure. That does not fit into our game style. Was this just the later part of this year or were those traits in existence in 2015 when he had a very good year or in the premiership year last year?

We took Yarran believing we could turn him around but couldn't. What makes us think we can solve Stringer.

Blame needs to make sure Richardson does the required checks and then rechecks the information.

believe! likes this.
  14. Vines

Featured Threads:
    Too much risk....

Vosstiger likes this.
  15. thebigricho

Featured Threads:
    I don't think we took Yarran trying to turn him around, I don't think we had any idea what his issues were.

But Yarran is a bogus comparison because the biggest reason not to take him was that he was an exposed ordinary AFL level player.

Stringer on the other hand is not. He is an elite capable player. When he was a kid he was better than Dusty.

We desperately need forward options and he is as good as anything we will find. He could easily be a big part in a sustained period of success. Think Brian Lake at Hawthorn.

As for the cost, we are going to start to experience some of the Hawthorn/Geelong/Sydney feeling where big recruits become easier to land because they want to be part of it.

16. TigerHardwick

TigerHardwick Seriously Well Liked

Featured Threads:
    Id have no problem if club gave up a first and third round and Ben Lennon for him and their 2nd round

17. Gracie

Gracie Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    There was an article a month or so ago which had the club saying they knew of the problems with Yarran but believe they could help him.

18. Graeme Bowman

Graeme Bowman Revered

Featured Threads:
    This. (I hope.)

19. Graeme Bowman

Graeme Bowman Revered

Featured Threads:
    If we were considering Stringer, I'd want him to meet with, and be given a firm but friendly grilling by, the players' leadership group. No holds barred. I'd then place a lot of credence in their gut feeling about the man, his strengths, his weaknesses and his potential. Put aside all that management metrics bullshit, because what really matters about a person can't be measured. But it can be detected. I would trust the combined intuition of Cotchin, Rance, Jack, etc.

Tiger3121 and believe! like this.
  20. Vines

Featured Threads:
    Geelong and Essendon are the clubs circling him...we've only been mentioned by 'experts' saying he'd fit in.

17Sash likes this.