1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Yellow Sash Award

The votes are in for Season 2017 and the winner is:
    Dustin Martin (no surprise there!)

The Yellow Sash Award Honour roll

Important Miles relishes playing on the edge

Discussion in 'Richmond Ramblings' started by Ned, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ned

Ned Seriously Well Liked Coach Foundation Member Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    DESPITE playing every game in 2015, Richmond midfielder Anthony Miles doesn't feel as though he has cemented a spot in the Tigers' line-up.

For external observers that might seem strange.

He finished fourth in the best and fairest and was one of the few Tigers who maintained his reputation with a solid performance in the team's elimination final loss.

But that's what happens when you arrive at your second club via the rookie list, having been delisted after just 10 games in two years at Greater Western Sydney.

"I've spoken to people about it and particularly Mark Williams (Richmond assistant coach) and he says it's not necessarily a bad thing to play on the edge," Miles told AFL.com.au.

"For me I have probably played my whole career like that given where I have come from."

The 23-year-old might have adopted a 'playing on the edge' mindset but his style of play is to be in the heart of the action.

He hunts the football hard at stoppages, winning possession for his sleeker (he won't mind that assessment) teammates to do some damage.

Often he is the last player up with the football if an umpire calls for a ball-up, readying himself for the next stoppage with the intensity of a front rower preparing for a rugby scrum.

It's a good sign and one he has in common with the player he loved most growing up as a Saints fan, Lenny Hayes.

Read the full article

2. Mr Babilla

Mr Babilla Revered

Featured Threads:
    Let the record reflect - I like Miles.

3. country-tige

country-tige Seriously Well Liked

Brownlow smokey- get on at $151 odds

4. Gracie

Gracie Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    Can we get on the Norm Smith Medal as well??

5. country-tige

country-tige Seriously Well Liked

If that one comes up Gracie - I wouldn't even want the collect - would be a very satisfied camper already!