1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Yellow Sash Award

The Votes are in for Round 21!

Apologies for not updating the Leaderboard for a few weeks. The good news is that after Round 21, Dusty still has a winning lead over Rance who is still 3 points ahead of Cotch. Following is Astbury, Lambert, Prestia, Grigg, Nankervis,  Riewoldt, and Nick Vlastuin rounding out the top 10.

35 points

16 points

13 points
    1st2nd3rd

RFC News Second-tier Tigers please Hardwick

Discussion in 'Richmond Ramblings' started by Ned, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Ned

Ned Seriously Well Liked Coach Foundation Member Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    Second-tier Tigers please Hardwick

[​IMG]
    The usual suspects fired again, but Richmond coach Damien Hardwick is crediting much of the Tigers' 3-0 start to the improvement of his second-tier players.

Continue reading...

2. country-tige

country-tige Seriously Well Liked

Our Top-Tier players are our big 4 - Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt

I'd say our "2nd Tier" guys are the blokes who'd played more than 50 games - and a few of them have really stepped up this year, as we really needed them to, Vlastuin, Ellis, Astbury, Grimes, then throw in Prestia & Caddy who've injected improvement and Grigg & Houli who've stayed at the level. I would have hoped for as much.

The bonus has come from what I'd refer to as our 3rd Tier - blokes who (by my count) prior to running out Friday night had played 50 games or less - what a huge input this group has had for us :

50 MciIntosh
    49 Lambert
    40 Rioli
    34 Townsend
    33 Nankervis
    27 Castagna
    20 Butler
    9 Broad
    2 Graham

At the start of the year, I absolutely never saw us playing with 9 blokes under that 50 game mark, and holding their spots, in a qualifying final.

(Fist pumping - woohoo yelling - I'm going home to watch Q4 again!)

Vosstiger and Graeme Bowman like this.
  3. ROYCY HART A TRUE CHF

ROYCY HART A TRUE CHF Seriously Well Liked

It was not a complete surprise to me that the Bulldogs won last years premiership given their VFL side were premiers the previous year.

Funnily enough, I saw something in our VFL side last year. They may not have played finals but they showed sufficient promise to give me hope for the future.

Funny how things pan out.....

You'll luv this Believe....but

From Little Things big things grow......

Agree Mr Kelly !!!!

Vosstiger and believe! like this.