1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Yellow Sash Award

The Votes are in for Round 21!

Apologies for not updating the Leaderboard for a few weeks. The good news is that after Round 21, Dusty still has a winning lead over Rance who is still 3 points ahead of Cotch. Following is Astbury, Lambert, Prestia, Grigg, Nankervis,  Riewoldt, and Nick Vlastuin rounding out the top 10.

35 points

16 points

13 points
    1st2nd3rd

Featured Herald Sun ‘We felt unsafe’: Cats fan lodges complaint with AFL

Discussion in 'Richmond Ramblings' started by Ned, Sep 11, 2017.

1. thebigricho

thebigricho Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    Nothing wrong with that Bubble O.

I've been to 30 odd games this year that haven't involved Richmond. It's a great way to get a different perspective on how footy is played and what game styles other teams use.

2. ceehook

ceehook Revered

Featured Threads:
    a junior footy dad based in perth for a few years said WC supporters feral , Freo , surprisingly ok

an other based in Adelaide said Crows fans completely foul , Port one ok

went to the Gabba once that was ok

been to the SCG many times
    in the early days seemed to be very little lip from the crowd , after their period of success it has started to creep in

go to Manuka and you get polite applause (no real home team)

I know two Geelong supporters that admit their fans at home "are a bit over the top"

out numbered and losing could well have been just as offensive as any language being thrown around , I'm not doing the woman justice ???

take a quick look inside their heads

remember the game at Kardinia park in 2006 , we beat them , Richo broke a wrist , so outraged was the whole Geelong collective YOU DONT LOSE TO RICHMOND it triggered a full club review , Bomber survived , but the physce was losing to Richmond was stooping to a new low and completely unacceptable

they have looked on us with such distain that the thought of losing would have been like a slap in the face with a wet fish
    having finished 1st or 2nd in 8 of the last 11 seasons gets you used to not losing to often , 11 years is a long time and winning is seen as the norm
    and like it or not that is inside the head of every Geelong supporter (Swans and Hawks too)

Egg and amigo like this.
  3. Bubble O Bill

Bubble O Bill Very Well Liked

Ok...so Full disclosure - I'm actually a member of the eagles too.
    It wasn't a personal choice. I used to hate the Eagles with a passion. But we couldn't buy the 6 tickets needed without individual names. As such, I've been a member for about 18 years now.
    I feel so dirty :(

thebigricho likes this.
  4. CrazyLikeaFox

CrazyLikeaFox Very Very Well Liked

I've been to Adelaide Oval for the elimination final and had no issues. I've also been to Brisbane and had no issues.

5. ROYCY HART A TRUE CHF

ROYCY HART A TRUE CHF Seriously Well Liked

Could Anne be Dangerfield & the daughter Selwood ????

They both played like they were pretty damned frightened !!!!!

Never a frown.......you know the rest !!!

believe! likes this.
  6. Gracie

Gracie Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    It was actually surprising the amount of times Selwood found Dangerfield.

7. Crusher

Crusher Revered Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    Let me introduce you to Carlton supporters...........

8. believe!

believe! Revered

Featured Threads:
    in related tiger fan news- i was walking back from the supo the other evening, and was waiting to cross ballarat rd with a couple of other people. caught a glimpse of a black jacket and turned to see if that was indeed a tiger emblem.. and yes it was. "carna tiges" i growled. that broke the ice [considerable in the winter in the west when the wind blows, which is 24/7] and it turns out the lovely couple had flown over from perth for the qualifying final. we were all mutually excited and grinning about the tigers, it was a nice moment.

amigo, Jools and Bubble O Bill like this.
  9. Vosstiger

Vosstiger Revered Assistant Coach Coterie Member

You're still welcome here :)

believe! and Bubble O Bill like this.
  10. Black

Black Loved Site Immortal

Featured Threads:
    Boo f***ing Hoo !

If I still had it , maybe I'd send her my old trusty duffel that had a cigarette burn on one of my yellow iron-on numbers , deliberately done by a redneck adult male Geelong supporter to a 13 year old kid at Kardinia Park.

A kid who had his back turned and was just quietly watching the footy.

Lowlife prick !

I went to the first ever Crows v Tiges game in Adelaide back in '91 ( ? )

It was madness !

At one point in the last qtr the whole joint erupted at something not happening on the field , so I look around and there's a bloke walking round the aisle holding a 'kick a vic' sign aloft.

At that point I realised we might need to keep a low profile leaving the ground after the game.

And I was right.

My mate had a tiger scarf on and I kept telling him to take it off coz as we walked back to the car there were Crows supporters getting right in our faces and just giving us gobfuls of abuse.

Lucky we lost by 6 goals coz I don't reckon we would've got out alive if we'd won.

11. Bubble O Bill

From Perth? Probably know them. It can be a pretty small town sometimes. :D

Thank you. I thought that it might be a sackable offense or at least a written warning.
    You can be my +1 in the new Billy Walker room when the tigers play. I don't know if it will still be called that at the new stadium but hopefully it will have a good view.

believe! and Vosstiger like this.
  12. Bubble O Bill

On second thoughts, lets drink in the shitty little room that they will give the Richmond supporters instead. Less view but much better company :D

Vosstiger likes this.
  13. Forbesy

Forbesy Revered Assistant Coach

Featured Threads:
    I recall reading that the new stadium site has served as a sewerage farm and industrial waste dump in the past.
    Tiges heading over to play Waist Coats and Shockers at the shit tip.

14. Bubble O Bill

The whole process has been a shambles. Multiple governments. Different locations. Changing plans.
    The one they eventually chose is a nice location, next to the river and city. Unfortunately it also used to be an old James Hardie site so full of asbestos and other nasty stuff in the ground.
    Apparently the environmental report says it will be ok as long as you don't dig up the soil. :rolleyes: