1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. 'YELLOWANDBLACK.COM.AU' wristbands are now available. They are made from quality yellow silicone with black embossed writing. Price is $8.00 each which includes GST and postage. Purchase now at the Y & B Shop and you'll receive them in time for the 2017 AFL Season.
  3. Yellow and Black Coterie Memberships available

You can become a Coterie Member of the Yellow and Black Website by signing up here.

It only costs AU$10 per year and will allow you to view the Yellow and Black Website free of all advertisements. You'll also receive recognition as a Coterie Member with a scroll underneath your Username in your posts on the site.

There will be future benefits available which will be announced soon!

Dismiss Notice

Yellow and Black Fever

Discussion in 'Richmond Ramblings' started by Rumpole, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Rumpole

Rumpole Revered

Featured Threads:
    Rumpole submitted a new blog post

Yellow and Black Fever

[​IMG]

A few of you may remember this post from a few years ago. I originally wrote it for when we surpassed 50K members which at the time was an awesome achievement.

It’s not a new illness by any stretch of the imagination. It has been in existence of over 100 years. It has affected over 70 000 Australians in 2015 and all signs point to a continued rise in this contagion. The biggest problem associated with this condition, is once it is in your bloodstream, there is no cure.

There is also some evidence that once a person is in its grip, the DNA can be altered and future generations may also be impacted. Sure it can be immunized against, but the vaccination process is much worse than the disease. The disease does not discriminate through class or suburb, vocation, religion, gender or race. It’s Yellow and Black Fever and it is currently sweeping the Melbourne Media, which will only spread this virus further into the community.

While it will not kill you, it can induce moments of extreme stress, increase blood pressure, bring on an inclination to gamble, spend way too much time on the internet, cause the loss of vision in one eye, induce periodic attacks of bi-polar like swings, cause you to be shunned by other members of society and over the last 30 years to be looked upon with great pity. Those with this condition are often drawn together, to wail in frustration or scream with delight, such is the curious nature of the beast.

While some have speculated to a link to alcoholism, Aggression and mild Tourette's but it is now believed if these conditions do manifest themselves then that is because of a pre existing condition. Thankfully, at this stage there is no known association with the loss of teeth.

It’s not all downside though. Those inflicted with this “curse” join a mass of like afflicted siblings. Like any family, while they all want positive outcomes for the group the major discussions came about the best way to achieve said outcomes. There are moments of euphoria; normally associated with what’s known as sirens palsy. There are releases of stress to rival Mt Vesuvius and a hatred of maggots, white and other colours.

The biggest danger with this illness spreading through the media is that it can heighten expectations beyond the reasonable. Goals set many months before become unimportant and new goals get set. If they are not reached, a giant feeling of disappointment can be assured regardless of if the original goals were met or exceeded.

It truly is a strange disease, one I am inflicted with myself. The truly bizarre thing is, while I have been “suffering” from this since 1978 I am glad there is no cure, as I wouldn’t want it.

[caption id="attachment_3602" align="alignnone" width="300"][​IMG] Jack Riewoldt and Ivan Maric of the Tigers celebrate during the round 13 AFL match between the Sydney Swans and the Richmond Tigers at SCG on June 26, 2015 in Sydney, Australia.
    (June 25, 2015 - Source: Anthony Pearse/AFL Media/Getty Images AsiaPac)[/caption]
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Gimme, Ned and Redhead like this.
  2. Redhead

Redhead Seriously Well Liked

Definitely something that is passed down through the generations as was with me. With success this club will surpass all others and be the big power house that it deserves to be on and off the field. YELLOW AND BLACK!!!!!

3. Vosstiger

Vosstiger Revered Assistant Coach Coterie Member

Just as good as the first time I read it