Yellow and Black Online
New rules impact on the Tigers - Printable Version

+- Yellow and Black Online (https://yellowandblack.com.au)
+-- Forum: Football Department (https://yellowandblack.com.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Richmond Ramblings (https://yellowandblack.com.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New rules impact on the Tigers (/showthread.php?tid=17601)

New rules impact on the Tigers - honestjohn - 21-02-2019

I am interested in knowing everyone's thoughts on the new rules and how they will impact the Tiges. We currently have the best rated backline and forward line, and a game plan to "receive" the ball in the backline after the centre bounce. I think they are implementing too many changes, especially when you implement a big change like the 666 rule. (my first thread Smile)

RE: New rules impact on the Tigers - Bones - 23-02-2019

(21-02-2019, 23:44)honestjohn Wrote: I am interested in knowing everyone's thoughts on the new rules and how they will impact the Tiges. We currently have the best rated backline and forward line, and a game plan to "receive" the ball in the backline after the centre bounce. I think they are implementing too many changes, especially when you implement a big change like the 666 rule. (my first thread Smile)

The number of the beast one I think is the club's biggest challenge. The Collingwood final will be in everyone's mind at the club, and 666 will just make the problem more serious. I like the idea of using it to fast-track one of the younger talls given Soldo's lack of around the ground presence. But its still a big question mark for me.

RE: New rules impact on the Tigers - ceehook - 25-02-2019

"Soldo's lack of around the ground presence" that's a changing thing but has he changed enough ? Hopefully he gets a crack in the JLT games

thinking more about the 666 thing

as we well know Sandilands could dominate a centre bounce but his side not dominate the scoreboard

If Gawn & Brody are to be "weapons" then their midfield have to be firing and their forward doing well

If you have mismatched teams the strong one could get on a roll under 666 , as discussed and expected

If we have two strong teams , by virtue of being strong their mids and backs won't normally let the opposition in for a string of goals
but if you have a dominant ruck and the opposition get an injury or two during a game you may be able to get a jump on them while they try and reshuffle their side
as in they cant just throw numbers back while say a key mid is on the bench winded ...

Strong teams by definition have depth and flexability in the selected 22

The Richmond of 2004 - 2010 would have shit themselves over this rule
but the Tigers of 2017-2018 will be grinning
we have midfield depth and a very good back 6 that can defend 1 on 1

and once the bounce has been done , we are proven at getting numbers behind the ball and the rushing the ball forward to the likes of Jack , Butler & Rioli ...

So impact on us , minimal , impact on teams out side the top 8 could be significant

RE: New rules impact on the Tigers - honestjohn - 25-02-2019

How about the full forward and back being anchored in the goal square? Do you think sometimes we might see speedsters like Butler and perhaps Menadue at the other end?

RE: New rules impact on the Tigers - Gracie - 25-02-2019

We played a man behind over 2017 and 2018, which we will not be able to do - at least at the initial 666 setup.

Thinking a tactic of the under size ruckman will be to attempt to kill the contest forcing a secondary ball up and then everyone resumes the standard 2017/18 positions.

Interesting thing will be the @#$%wood tactic of hitting the ball away from the contest. You would then need speed and agility in your mids. Things we have been recruiting for over the past few seasons.

Not as doom and gloom as many others on the new rules being detrimental to us. Best teams should still win as often as they have in the past.