Yellow and Black Online
JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Printable Version

+- Yellow and Black Online (https://yellowandblack.com.au)
+-- Forum: Football Department (https://yellowandblack.com.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Richmond Ramblings (https://yellowandblack.com.au/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium (/showthread.php?tid=17609)

JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Vines - 09-03-2019

At the ground*:
Our ball movement and decision making going inside F50 was atrocious. Hawks played one and sometimes two talls behind the ball and we kicked it into them repeatedly. Our decision making and skill level in front of goal was also appalling with Graham, Butler and Edwards all spurning easy chances. 

If our lauded backline goes 1 on 1 all year we are gonna get killed. Grimes is our only reliable one on one defender with Rance, Astbury and Vlastuin all relying on each other to block space or come in third man up. Collingwood exploited this in the prelim and I’m worried that we seem to believe the press on this tactic. 

Finally, a word on the umpiring. We are so bloody undisciplined it is actually quite sad. Rance is a key culprit but overall it is a team attitude thing that needs to improve. Ill discipline directly cost us two goals going forward, and probably three or four going the other way for the hawks. 

*only a first half summation.

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Bones - 09-03-2019

(09-03-2019, 21:01)Vines Wrote: At the ground*:
Our ball movement and decision making going inside F50 was atrocious. Hawks played one and sometimes two talls behind the ball and we kicked it into them repeatedly. Our decision making and skill level in front of goal was also appalling with Graham, Butler and Edwards all spurning easy chances. 

If our lauded backline goes 1 on 1 all year we are gonna get killed. Grimes is our only reliable one on one defender with Rance, Astbury and Vlastuin all relying on each other to block space or come in third man up. Collingwood exploited this in the prelim and I’m worried that we seem to believe the press on this tactic. 

Finally, a word on the umpiring. We are so bloody undisciplined it is actually quite sad. Rance is a key culprit but overall it is a team attitude thing that needs to improve. Ill discipline directly cost us two goals going forward, and probably three or four going the other way for the hawks. 

*only a first half summation.

Absolutely kicked Hawk butt in the last quarter.

Hawthorn: 13.9 (87)

Richmond: 14.11 (95)

Cotch great in the last

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - ceehook - 10-03-2019

Hi Vines ,
Thanks for the update , I was relying on Terry Wallace commentary in the Snowy Mountains and it wasn’t dissimilar , I lost coverage till mid last qtr and wow we are back in it
And everyone raving about Cotch

At the ground did it look like the Hawks took the foot off the pedal or did we seriously click into gear ?

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Gracie - 11-03-2019

On TV it looked like we got out of 1st gear and increased the pressure 1,000,000,000%

Can't be giving teams such a start. Lesson from the Pre Lim not yet learnt.

I try not to make assumptions based solely off pre-saeson trial games so will look with interest at the first few weeks to see what our motivation levels are like. For all 4 quarters

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Vines - 11-03-2019

Both teams threw some players on for a half only. Weller made a difference for us with 2 second half goals. Cotch was excellent. Dusty was excellent all game but we changed the way we brought the ball into the forward line in the second half.
Hawks may have taken 6 or 7 D50 marks in the first quarter alone. That’s terrible skills and/or decision making on our behalf given their disciplined defensive structure.

Other points: 3 weeks before the game, the girls at the ticketek desk in Launceston said it would be doubtful I’d get 8 seats together. There were bloody seats free everywhere!!!!!

Tigers would have outnumbered Hawks 3:2 at the ground.

Friends of mine waited an hour after the game to get stuff signed with their young kids. Only three players stopped - guess who they were?

Higgins is going to be a ripper player.

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Gracie - 11-03-2019

Less than 7,000 at the game.

Low crowd numbers like this make is harder to mount a case for a Tasmanian AFL Team

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Bones - 11-03-2019

(11-03-2019, 15:51)Gracie Wrote: Less than 7,000 at the game.

Low crowd numbers like this make is harder to mount a case for a Tasmanian AFL Team

You'd better get on to the Mercury about that (Lonnie does only have half the population of Hobbiton though).

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Vines - 11-03-2019

Hard to get excited about JLT nonsense to be fair...especially when it’s $30 for a bloody seat.

RE: JLT 2 v Hawks at UTAS Stadium - Vosstiger - 14-03-2019

Yea $30 is a bit steep for a praccy match.