Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do we deserve to be premiership favourites ?
the current Bet Easy market is

Us $5.00
Coll $7
Melb $7
WC $7

Ess $11
Crows $14
Giants $14
Swans $15
Cats  $17
Pork $21
Suns $5,001

The bookies are saying it is something of the end of an era with Swans , Hawks and Cats not rated highly

Collingwoods speed of transition really hurt a lot of teams , us included) and they made a GF
Can they back it up or will they get ahead of themselves ?
Will the "harder" draw bring them undone

Melb.
I thought they changed after to the narrow loss to Geel at Kardinia and have arrived as a serious side
Are they premiership material  ? Don't know

WC
the premiers 2018
they picked us apart over there with some super precise ball use
and seemed to fly under the radar for most of the season
will a harder draw keep them on the back foot ?
Will a fit Nic Nat take them to another level ?     

Rich
we had 5 losses for the season
Adelaide over there , round 2 GF rematch , the beaten GF favs were out for revenge , they played well we seemed a tad flat , ongoing issues with injuries killed of Adelaides season, looking back it was clearly the Crows best game of the their season

WC  over there , 47 points , our biggest loss for the season , we battled with them for the minor premiership for much of the season , so hardly an upset them winning the flag, we did have a very physical game the week before against North who were trying to claim they had arrived after recent wins against Swans and the Hawks, but this was part of a 10 game winning streak for the WC 

Port - 14 points , it was a tight good standard game , Port lit up in the 3rd qtr and played 10 mins of really great footy , probably, no it was their best performance for the season

GWS , 2 points , at the Sydney showgrounds , we were flat and they were pumped and ready for us. They had a lot of small set plays that really got us on the back foot, it probably was their best game for the season

Coll - 39 points , MCG , prelim final - the talk of should big Cox be dropped and the arrival of his parents saw him pull out a career best game , that coupled with the best game of the year for the side . they troubled with speed of ball movement in the previous two games this season but they took it to another level and played like they had nothing to lose

I would put the five losses came to sides playing their best game for the year . With WC aside the other teams couldn't repeat that sort of form.
Our trade mark was our structures behind the ball wearing sides down then our fitness would see us roll over them.  For us that was repeatable all season.

I would put we are proven at level and are most likely to repeat those performances in 2019 hence deserve the tag of premiership favourites
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
Premiership favourites - yes, we deserve to be. Collingwood played out of their skin that game, coupled with us having players not at their best, eg. Astbury.
we had a testing game in Rd 3 V Hawks and looked the goods
we had a walk in the park against the Lions Rd 4
then we strike the Dees , they had a "non trying" stinker the week before , they came out super determined and had to make a statement to the football world
we absorbed their pressure and rolled onto a 46 pt win , don't be fooled it was a tough and testing game
and all of a sudden we were being talked about as the testing material , the benchmark side in the comp.
we then play Collingwood fresh from 3 wins and itching to test themselves versus the benchmark team

It was a pulsating game with the bad guys leading early in the last

I would make it a further 9 games for the home and away season were hyped up by the media
that's a lot of pressure games , and we came out on top , I think it will bode well for this year
we can handle expectation and pressure
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
I agree with Jools - we absolutely deserve to be Premiership favourites having finished on top in 2018.
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.

2019 - Women’s Football Foundation Member
The artist formerly known as Ned 
Nup. No way.

But Essendon as 5th line is laughable.
I would say those top 4 teams are pretty even, but there might already be a fair bit of money going on the Tigers with the recruitment of Lynch thus leading to a shortening of odds

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ‘We don’t deserve to be third’ Coach 0 241 24-07-2017, 00:22
Last Post: Coach
  Did Houli deserve lighter sentence? Coach 2 248 28-06-2017, 13:32
Last Post: ceehook
  Three favourites by number 4morein74 77 5,912 26-03-2014, 19:35
Last Post: 4morein74