Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ned's look at Round 1 v Carlton

With a little over 1 day to go before the start of the 2019 AFL season, and only a handful of hours before the Richmond team to take on Carlton is announced.

After watching both JLT rounds and keeping an eye on training reports, I believe that there will be 3 new players donning the yellow and black in Round 1.

My 22 for Round 1 is:
B: Astbury – Rance – Grimes
HB: Short – Vlastuin – Houli
C: McIntosh – Cotchin – Balta
HF: Rioli – Edwards – Riewoldt
F: Prestia – Lynch – Higgins
FOLL: Nankervis – Lambert – Martin
INT: Broad – Graham – Weller – Butler

IN (from Prelim): Lynch – Weller – Butler – Balta
OUT: Grigg (inj) – Caddy (inj) – Castagna (inj) – Conca (traded)

As mentioned in a previous article, I like Balta lining up on the wing. He can run and would be able to provide pressure running forward or helping out down back with his height. He will provide a headache for the opposition this year as whoever plays on him will need to match him for speed and in the air. I acknowledge the fact that he will need a few games under his belt at the senior level before he becomes the player that we are all hoping he grows into.

I believe that Mav Weller did enough in JLT 1 to earn reduced time in JLT 2 as he had already cemented his spot in the senior side. I see him as replacement for Caddy as someone who will be able to line up forward and run through the middle when required. If he plays well enough, Caddy may have to force his way into the side as a midfielder which I believe is his preference.

Of the others, I didn’t think that Ellis did enough in JLT 1 and misses out this time. I’d have him as one of the emergencies along with Callum Moore, Jack Ross and Ivan Soldo.

If Lynch isn’t available for selection, I’d go with Moore to fill that spot.

What’s your starting 22 this week? I found it really difficult to select, which is a great problem to have don’t you think?

Originally published on Richmond Tigers Online
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.

2019 - Women’s Football Foundation Member
The artist formerly known as Ned 
The way I see it there are a couple of obvious changes from our last game

being Lynch replacing Caddy
and Butler replacing Castagna that's where it gets hard.

Conca's replacement could be one of Ross, Ellis or Weller. I think it may be Ross

Grigg could be replaced by either Soldo or Balta and I would play Balta

My 22 for Round 1 is:
B: Astbury – Rance – Grimes
HB: Short – Vlastuin – Houli
C: McIntosh – Cotchin – Prestia
HF: Rioli – Edwards – Riewoldt
F: Butler – Lynch – Higgins
FOLL: Nankervis – Lambert – Martin
INT: Broad – Graham – Ross – Balta
IN (from Prelim): Lynch – Ross – Butler – Balta
OUT: Grigg (inj) – Caddy (inj) – Castagna (inj) – Conca (traded)
EM: Ellis - Weller - Soldo - Moore

I think however the Ins will actually be Lynch, Butler, Weller, Ellis

Time will tell
Sponsor of Daniel Butler 2015-17
2005-2014 Sponsor of Daniel Jackson

Member of Yellow and Black the greatest of all Football Sites.Cool
Well it was In Lynch, Butler, Weller, Balta so we were all over it @Ned
Sponsor of Daniel Butler 2015-17
2005-2014 Sponsor of Daniel Jackson

Member of Yellow and Black the greatest of all Football Sites.Cool
F Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin, Tom Lynch

Pure evil
Well what a round
We had our critics for not doing well enough in the 2nd & 3rd qtrs
But we got the win and there won't be too much attention coming our way
Because after our game it was then upset after upset , our expected top 4 rivals in Collingwood , Melbourne, Adelaide & West Coast all go down
And widely expected top 8 team , Essendon , go close to having a 100 pt loss
Given Essendon first half season form last year and now this game to start the season , which lacked effort
Will shine the white hot spot light on Windy Hill

No spot light on us is a good this , Lynch can quietly go about getting match fit , Dusty & co can blow out a few cobwebs

Are the tough questions from Thursday night's game , does Castagna or Baker come in for Butler ?
And is Garthwaite ready to come in for Rance or is he underdone after an interupted pre season ?
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
See the Yellow Sash Award votes for Round 1 - go to: https://tigers.aussierules.online/match/...-richmond/ and click on the "Match Details" tab for player stats and Yellow Sash Award votes (under the RAT column).
Cheers!

Please don’t PM me with help issues as I won’t respond. Use the Help & Suggestions Forum.

2019 - Women’s Football Foundation Member
The artist formerly known as Ned 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Match Preview Ned's look at Round 2 v Collingwood Coach 0 60 27-03-2019, 14:37
Last Post: Coach
  Match Preview AFL Round 1: Richmond vs Carlton TigerHardwick 31 895 24-03-2019, 21:44
Last Post: tommy_g