Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 Richmond vs Collingwood
An 18 year old Lids coming off half back under the 6-6-6 rule would be handy right now.
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
I think a 18 yr old Selwood or even Matt Crouch would be better,we need to win the mid field battles,with,the 666 rule,you really need to win the center contest,but other than that,666 rule isn't that significant in the overall game

(03-04-2019, 19:31)Vines Wrote: Well...different roles to be fair, among a million other things. Broad will only ever have one thing over Lids as a footballer.

I wonder what people would prefer: Broady playing 5m off Degoey, or Lids playing 5m off his man so he can stand in the hole for years, as well as being the guy everyone wants to give the ball to because he’s the best kicker, runner and decision maker in the team. ?

Lids was a decent kick,he has that over Broad ,but really he was a player without a permanent position.
He was unaccountable as a back man ,struggled with tags in the midfield and up forward.
searching for players-for mass premiershipsBig Grin
(05-04-2019, 11:39)colossus Wrote: I think a 18 yr old Selwood or even Matt Crouch would be better,we need to win the mid field battles,with,the 666 rule,you really need to win the  center contest,but other than that,666 rule isn't that significant in the overall game

(03-04-2019, 19:31)Vines Wrote: Well...different roles to be fair, among a million other things. Broad will only ever have one thing over Lids as a footballer.

I wonder what people would prefer: Broady playing 5m off Degoey, or Lids playing 5m off his man so he can stand in the hole for years, as well as being the guy everyone wants to give the ball to because he’s the best kicker, runner and decision maker in the team. ?

Lids was a decent kick,he has that over Broad ,but really he was a player without a permanent position.
He was unaccountable as a back man ,struggled with tags in the midfield and up forward.

A bit like Özil for Arsenal really. Very skilled, had real class, but was obviously lacking in some departments
I would compare Lids to Matty Knights in as much as he was the target of opposition attention
they were both fast , very skilled and very good decision makers

but they had slight frames , taggers that constantly did gut punches (now finally outlawed)
or getting knocked off your feet behind play severely hindered both , they weren't built to take that sort of physical punishment

but the opposition knew beat them up and you beat us

compared to the likes of Cotch , Dangerfield, Selwood, Luke Hodge , Sam Mitchell very robust bodies
they could/still can take a certain amount of the physical stuff and keep trucking

I felt Lids was a good player for us even when we were weak , and if he could lift we often won games because he brought others into the game

now looking after him is GWS's problem , but his age and body might be beyond it now
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
Short memory Col, although I agree that Lids struggled with midfield tags.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Match Preview Ned's look at Round 2 v Collingwood Coach 0 60 27-03-2019, 14:37
Last Post: Coach