Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFL Men Round 3 GWS vs RICHMOND
With the loss of Grimes and Jack this week it’s time to unleash the kids in Balta and Garthwaite

My team this week 

B- Short - Garthwaite - Vlastuin 
HB- Broad - Astbury - Menadue 
C- Graham - Cotchin - Lambert
HF- Edwards - Balta - Rioli
F- Castagna - Lynch - Higgins
R- Nankervis - Martin - Prestia 
INT - McIntosh - Baker - Ross - Ellis

Out - Riewoldt- Grimes - Markov - Butler - Weller

In - Balta - Garthwaite- Menadue - Baker - Ross

The key position kids get gigs this week to show their wares
Menadue in for Markov as he just doesn’t seem comfortable at AFL level so let’s give Menadue another go( both are on borrowed time if they don’t start showing something)

Baker in for Butler who hasn’t been very good so far this year, Baker showed more in the JLT so gets his chance 

Ross in for Weller who hasn’t shown much and Ross is really performing in VFL and one JLT game 

It’s also time for guys like Prestia, Lambert and Graham to find another level
They’re good enough too but it seems if Dusty and or Cotchin go quiet they don’t lift they just vanish too

Caddy claims he’s right but he’s missed a couple months now with no running so it’s vfl forcme
ADVOCATE OF THE TACKLING AND PRESSURE MACHINE DANIEL RIOLI
There's also Townsend, and Bolton could be considered. Give him a chance to kick a goal up there which isn't disallowed.
(02-04-2019, 09:15)Jools Wrote: There's also Townsend, and Bolton could be considered. Give him a chance to kick a goal up there which isn't disallowed.

Townsend played midfield last week and kicked arse.

Perhaps he is one we could bring into midfield and show Prestia, Lambert and co how to get a hard ball.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings seeing Towna get another gig.
in Noah we trust

but what of our opposition

watched a bit of the Eagles  BWS first half
strange game to watch , both sides big on structures and set plays

Just as Eagles looked like pulling away GWS found ways to shut them down and get back on the scoreboard

but I was in little doubt the intensity Eagles was bringing , few  teams would have matched them

Watched a bit of the BWS  - bombers , bombers were pathetic , complete rabble

so really cant tell where they are at

our last meeting  2018 in Sydney , GWS by 2 points
we were flat , had come off a busy intense month
GWS were in the process of resurrecting their season

Castagna kicked 5 points and an out on the full

Dawson Simpson had the better of Nank for 3 qtrs.
hes a strong lumbering sort , he was able to absorb Nanks leap at centre bounces and hold him off the drop of the ball and then palm down , with great accuracy to Callum Ward
it really set them up and was a big part of them winning

Vals had a week out (suspension) and he looked decidedly rusty

Castagna - enough said

Rioli - on his come back trial repeated had the crowd on their feet but the bounce was his enemy that night , simply nothing went right

They camped on Dusty all night with 4 players surrounding him at most stoppages and he was pinged a few times for holding the ball

as many are suggesting with Rance , Jack , Houli  and Grimmes out we will get beaten

Nank will lift , Prestia , Cotch , Higgins and Lambert must lift , if only a little

that will swing the balance of pressure our way

I've been critical of Butler but felt he did improve slightly from Rnd 1 to Rnd 2 and he can improve again

GWS will have watched the Collingwood game with great interest and they are a very skilled side and could go close to replicating Collingwoods plan
but we wont give them as much space

Moore and Balta are likely ins  
both will be hungry and both play with real fire in the belly

For them Cameron will prove a real handful

We will present with a very different mindset from last year

Tiges by 20 - 40

I feel the need , The need for SPEED
(02-04-2019, 12:21)Vines Wrote: Wouldn't hurt my feelings seeing Towna get another gig.

We're a better team with Townsend in it imo.

Got Port in Adelaide next week , so we need to dig deep and at least win one of our next two I reckon  , with games against Sydney and Melbourne to follow.

Not the end of the world if we lose our next two  , but it makes things hard being 1-3

Mind you I'm not fussed if we don't finish top 4 , coz the ridiculousness of only playing 1 game in 27 days cost us the win in the Prelim last year.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/COLOR] THOSE MIGHTY TIGERS !
Can’t see us beating gws with the outs but if we are switched on vs port we can win that because we will most likely have grimes, Houli and caddy in for that game
(03-04-2019, 22:33)TigerHardwick Wrote: Can’t see us beating gws with the outs but if we are switched on vs port we can win that because we will most likely have grimes, Houli and caddy in for that game

we have to wait and see but I'm predicting the list of OUT's will be the tonic we need

no complacency

there are still a lot of good players in the side who didn't have the greatest of games last week , they will lift
and some IN's (no doubt some of Balta, Moore, Garthwaite, Ross , Baker …) who will want to stay IN

We will have a real crack  , GWS have had the trip to the West and a 6 day turn around , if they are the slightest bit jaded we'll jump them

Castagna to kick 4 at his graveyard from last year
I feel the need , The need for SPEED
Some talk of Stack debuting

Ross may be injured
2017 Advocate for the Rising Star Jack Graham
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Ronald Dahl 1978
In - Balta, Garthwaite and Stack ( the future )

Outs - Jack, Grimes and Weller

Ross and Baker emergencies

Deledio our injured