2017 Trade Talk

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women AFL Men
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges) Seven
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights) Selections
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels) Available
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Is Lever that good, Melbourne looks to have paid overs imo, pick 10 this year and their 1st round draft pick in 2018.

2 first round draft picks...................................
Jury is out on that as he didn’t really have the best opponent as Talia took them leaving him to intercept mark mostly.

Will he have same impact at dees ??
Will their key back play as well as Talia does or will Lever now actually have to play the man more rather than intercept

Barrel

Recruit
Oct 2, 2005
I still reckon Schache is a tiger before the end of next week.

We would have known if Lynch was gettable next year or not a month ago when we were publicly interested in Schache.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
We have proven we are good at holding our nerve.

We will only take targeted people. Last years getting of Caddy was brilliant. You can have Deledio but we want Caddy. Deledio isn’t a Cat but Caddy is a Tiger

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I still reckon Schache is a tiger before the end of next week.

We would have known if Lynch was gettable next year or not a month ago when we were publicly interested in Schache.
I reckon Lynch is a tiger by the end of next week...ok....year.

bagwarn

Rookie
Apr 12, 2014
I read that Tex told Pyke he didn't want him playing in the GF.
How can a bloke like Tex Wanker dictate direction or culture at a football club. He is a classic buffoon and the whole story sounds like school-yard bullying to me. All he did was decide to use his 'big dog' status to ostracize and intimidate a young bloke into doing what he wanted and then had the gaul to suggest that he was leaving because of money. Of course he was leaving because of money Tex you spoon, it is a professional sport and if you don't have an AUTHENTIC CULTURE where PEOPLE ARE VALUED, then they will treat it like a business and **** offski!

The Lever story tells more stories than what appears on the surface:

1) Adelaide's culture and leadership is weak - crumbled under the heat!

2) Players do not seem to be completely valued - Cameron / Lever gone

3) Ostracizing a player from an awards and effectually a fair well is bullying plain and simple. Shows me that Tex Wanker et al have pushed for the club to bully a young man as well and THEY DID! Shit house effort on so many levels, particularly when there is a clear link between these actions and mental health challenges. Which club in the history of the game should have a clearer grasp of the impacts and consequences of MH issues then the Adelaide football club.

4) If the AFL is serious about code of conduct then they will take the AFC to task and issue a 'please explain' around the message that it sent around systemic bullying. School anti-bullying campaigns have stated for over a decade:"Bullying: No Way". Well, the second most successful Australian Rules Football Club in Australia in 2017 just said to all of their young followers as well as the wider community that they thought it was ok to leave someone out, on the outer and wasn't allowed to come to the party because he didn't do what they wanted. That did all of this PUBLICLY, because the player made a decision to return home to and take an offer that was in the best interests of himself and his family long-term. Well, football clubs take the decision to terminate contracts all the time if a bloke, in their estimation, can't get a kick. The players just have to suck it up!

5) It is a professional game and, unless there is a lot of connection, love, support, honesty, inclusions and integrity similar to what exists at the Mighty 2017 Premiers the Richmond Football Club, then blokes will leave because they will treat it as a business. Look at Dusty and others who will take cuts because of their connection and shared vision for the future ON THE BACK OF THOSE CONNECTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS.

6) Tex Walker is an adult child!

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Rumours still abound like i said other day that essendon are trying to score one of our picks to get stringer.
they are hoping we do so and give us 2 picks in 20's leaving us to grab someone and then hope nobody bids naish earlier screwing us to then use our only selection in the top 20 and only having 2 picks of god knows what in the 20's

I say screw them, they cant guarantee nobody will bid Naish earlier and leave us screwed.
Oscar Allen ( or Balta ) and Naish

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
Reports are that we told Essendon to GFY, when they approached us about pick 15.

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
lever told not to attend awards night

to an outsider at first glance its a bad look , but it the aftermath of a losing GF , where you were favourites and in their SA bubble they were screaming red hot favs
the blame game will be in full swing , there will be alcohol , enter Lever you only need one hot head from your list of 40 players to take offensive and you have a bad incident
how many would tell him to F off traitor ? or worse later on

If I was the coach or CEO of Adelaide , I'd be saying best you don't , we'll post you the B&F medal
we are
A) playing very little part in the trade period
or
B) playing cool hand Luke

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Conca and Lloyd look like staying

Miles has said if he can get regular games elsewhere he will go

bagwarn

Rookie
Apr 12, 2014
lever told not to attend awards night

to an outsider at first glance its a bad look , but it the aftermath of a losing GF , where you were favourites and in their SA bubble they were screaming red hot favs
the blame game will be in full swing , there will be alcohol , enter Lever you only need one hot head from your list of 40 players to take offensive and you have a bad incident
how many would tell him to F off traitor ? or worse later on

If I was the coach or CEO of Adelaide , I'd be saying best you don't , we'll post you the B&F medal
we are
A) playing very little part in the trade period
or
B) playing cool hand Luke
Valid point around the grog Chook and spitting it all out because of the loss, but at the end of the day, tolerance should be stretched to all people including those of different opinions, choices and directions. Bloody grow up for mine and Adelaide have tarnished themselves with the way they have handled this. Obviously TWanker has too much influence around that place. Bodes well for future failings on the big stage from Adelaide.

Barrel

Recruit
Oct 2, 2005
Schache has become the subject of a spat between Brisbane and Richmond that erupted in recent weeks when the Lions new list manager Dom Ambrogio accused his Tigers' counterpart Blair Hartley of distracting the already troubled young player during his second season at the Gabba.

The Brisbane view was that Richmond wooed Schache and in doing so contributed to his poor form and reduced commitment. This version also dictates that former Lions coach Justin Leppitsch stayed in touch with the player once he rejoined the Tigers as an assistant coach.

Further there was an allegation that Richmond subsequently lowered Schache's trade stocks by passing on stories alluding to his fragility involving a first-hand experience after the Tigers interviewed him.

Richmond, in turn, angrily deny all of the above. The Tigers claim that while they interviewed Schache they lost serious interest in the player as an immediate prospect once he re-signed with the Lions. When Schache was offered around again, say the Tigers, their situation had changed. Nor were they prepared to consider the estimated minimum price tag, which, in a best-case scenario, would involve something with a three in front of it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-mystery-of-josh-schaches-slide--and-how-the-brisbane-lions-point-the-finger-at-richmond-20171013-gz0fei.html

How dare Richmond keep tabs on an elite young talent that may want to return home?! :eek: I bet Lions have done the same with Charlie Cameron :rolleyes:o_O

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Schache has become the subject of a spat between Brisbane and Richmond that erupted in recent weeks when the Lions new list manager Dom Ambrogio accused his Tigers' counterpart Blair Hartley of distracting the already troubled young player during his second season at the Gabba.

The Brisbane view was that Richmond wooed Schache and in doing so contributed to his poor form and reduced commitment. This version also dictates that former Lions coach Justin Leppitsch stayed in touch with the player once he rejoined the Tigers as an assistant coach.

Further there was an allegation that Richmond subsequently lowered Schache's trade stocks by passing on stories alluding to his fragility involving a first-hand experience after the Tigers interviewed him.

Richmond, in turn, angrily deny all of the above. The Tigers claim that while they interviewed Schache they lost serious interest in the player as an immediate prospect once he re-signed with the Lions. When Schache was offered around again, say the Tigers, their situation had changed. Nor were they prepared to consider the estimated minimum price tag, which, in a best-case scenario, would involve something with a three in front of it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-mystery-of-josh-schaches-slide--and-how-the-brisbane-lions-point-the-finger-at-richmond-20171013-gz0fei.html

How dare Richmond keep tabs on an elite young talent that may want to return home?! :eek: I bet Lions have done the same with Charlie Cameron :rolleyes:o_O
The price tag would have a 3 in front of it ?
What’s wrong with that ?
Didn’t I read that that would be a low wage with next years cap coming in so hes very cheap

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009

3) Ostracizing a player from an awards and effectually a fair well is bullying plain and simple. Shows me that Tex Wanker et al have pushed for the club to bully a young man as well and THEY DID! Shit house effort on so many levels, particularly when there is a clear link between these actions and mental health challenges. Which club in the history of the game should have a clearer grasp of the impacts and consequences of MH issues then the Adelaide football club.

4) If the AFL is serious about code of conduct then they will take the AFC to task and issue a 'please explain' around the message that it sent around systemic bullying. School anti-bullying campaigns have stated for over a decade:"Bullying: No Way". Well, the second most successful Australian Rules Football Club in Australia in 2017 just said to all of their young followers as well as the wider community that they thought it was ok to leave someone out, on the outer and wasn't allowed to come to the party because he didn't do what they wanted. That did all of this PUBLICLY, because the player made a decision to return home to and take an offer that was in the best interests of himself and his family long-term. Well, football clubs take the decision to terminate contracts all the time if a bloke, in their estimation, can't get a kick. The players just have to suck it up!

5) It is a professional game and, unless there is a lot of connection, love, support, honesty, inclusions and integrity similar to what exists at the Mighty 2017 Premiers the Richmond Football Club, then blokes will leave because they will treat it as a business. Look at Dusty and others who will take cuts because of their connection and shared vision for the future ON THE BACK OF THOSE CONNECTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS.

Rita Panahi wrote an article in the HUN during the week suggesting Lever couldn't attend the awards night because he was in Melbourne acclimatising himself at the Demons. He was not banned from attending, it was his choice.

This is at odds with other reports that seem to stem from Lever's father that he did not attend because he was not welcome.

The truth is probably somewhere in between :rolleyes:

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Rita Panahi wrote an article in the HUN during the week suggesting Lever couldn't attend the awards night because he was in Melbourne acclimatising himself at the Demons. He was not banned from attending, it was his choice.

This is at odds with other reports that seem to stem from Lever's father that he did not attend because he was not welcome.

The truth is probably somewhere in between :rolleyes:
Rita Panahi????

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Rita Panahi????
She's had a stint on SEN here a while ago and now has a regular gig in the HUN.

Likes to take a counter view on topics, and often puts forwards quite a good argument.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
She's had a stint on SEN here a while ago and now has a regular gig in the HUN.

Likes to take a counter view on topics, and often puts forwards quite a good argument.
Yeah. Sorry. I know who she is. I generally don't like the way she writes, her use of social media, and her 'arguments'.

PROjECT

Recruit
Jun 1, 2004
How can a bloke like Tex Wanker dictate direction or culture at a football club. He is a classic buffoon and the whole story sounds like school-yard bullying to me. All he did was decide to use his 'big dog' status to ostracize and intimidate a young bloke into doing what he wanted and then had the gaul to suggest that he was leaving because of money. Of course he was leaving because of money Tex you spoon, it is a professional sport and if you don't have an AUTHENTIC CULTURE where PEOPLE ARE VALUED, then they will treat it like a business and **** offski!

Go easy here. We won the PREMIERSHIP. Tex Walker is not a (whatever you called him). He's a top bloke (Norwood FC supporter) and a good footballer. He sees it the way the Crows supporters saw it. If Vlastuin told the club he was leaving pre-Grand Final I don't think we'd like him for planning to leave either. I'm sure a few of the players would be confused too. Jake Lever was a little selfish for making it known that he was leaving pre-Grand Final. The club should have waited until after the Grand Final before officially asking Jake Lever what his plans were. The broken club unity leading into a Grand Final that an exiting Jake Lever brought to the Crows moral was selfish. I'll stand up for the big Texan (well held by Astbury on September 30 - that's the main thing). He is the captain of the club that has had to weather the storm of MANY talented players exiting. Dangerfield, Gunston, Davis . . .

terry31

Listed Player
Jan 15, 2014
Go easy here. We won the PREMIERSHIP. Tex Walker is not a (whatever you called him). He's a top bloke (Norwood FC supporter) and a good footballer. He sees it the way the Crows supporters saw it. If Vlastuin told the club he was leaving pre-Grand Final I don't think we'd like him for planning to leave either. I'm sure a few of the players would be confused too. Jake Lever was a little selfish for making it known that he was leaving pre-Grand Final. The club should have waited until after the Grand Final before officially asking Jake Lever what his plans were. The broken club unity leading into a Grand Final that an exiting Jake Lever brought to the Crows moral was selfish. I'll stand up for the big Texan (well held by Astbury on September 30 - that's the main thing). He is the captain of the club that has had to weather the storm of MANY talented players exiting. Dangerfield, Gunston, Davis . . .
Nothing wrong with defending Tex, that's your opinion. For me, he lacks credibility, he lacks leadership and when the whips were cracking he was hiding but was clearly visible to 100,000 supporters. His actions, from the death stare to his berating of young Lever looks like bullying, smells of bullying and is typical of the stereotype bully, do as I say not as I do.
As joyful as this season has been for us, for the Crows it ended in disgrace.
So much so, they have tried to diminish our great win with rhetoric not heard before, even by losers.
On Grand Final day. they were shameful and I think Walker is trying to take the heat off the game by taking a big stick to poor Jakey Lever.
Look in the mirror Tex, you will see your problem clearly.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Port are doing alright this trade period
Rockliff and Motlop in free agency and apparently Watts will go there too

They must have some cap space

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Motlop will suit their game style, one week they're up, the next awol.

thebigricho

Site Immortal
Apr 15, 2006
I alluded to this before but now it is public knowledge I'll go further.

Josh is a nice kid and a great talent but he has much bigger issues than footy at the moment. I'm not sure it would be a responsible move by any club to draft him.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I alluded to this before but now it is public knowledge I'll go further.

Josh is a nice kid and a great talent but he has much bigger issues than footy at the moment. I'm not sure it would be a responsible move by any club to draft him.

I took that as we made up stories about him so no one would go near him and we would snare him cheaper.
I doubt if Bris think the story is true they will deal with us anyway regardless which way it is ha ha