AFL Women 2020 Round 1 Richmond v Carlton

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • AFL Women Hub

Visit the AFL Women Hub for Match Results, Player Stats, Goalkickers, and upcoming Matches. Updated February 16.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Richmond’s Round 1 team:

B: 18. Sarah Sansonetti, 2. Phoebe Monahan, 34. Akec Makur Chuot
HB: 15. Rebecca Miller, 28. Gabrielle Seymour, 1. Sophie Molan
C: 13. Alana Woodward
HF: 14. Sabrina Frederick, 6. Christina Bernardi, 9. Hannah Burchell
F: 8. Courtney Wakefield, 24. Tayla Stahl, 16. Laura McClelland
R: 11. Alice Edmonds, 3. Katie Brennan, 4. Monique Conti
I/C: 12. Laura Bailey, 20. Holly Whitford, 7. Lauren Tesorerio, 5. Maddy Brancatisano, 10. Kodi Jacques

Emg: 17. Ella Wood, 26. Ciara Fitzgerald

And bloody Razor Ray is umpiring!

CAE38C7B-7D6F-45F4-BF58-CA1EF3D27F5A.jpeg

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
It was a historic occasion - the first Richmond AFLW match. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the win but I was very happy to see the Yellow and Black colours finally playing in the AFLW!

Really liked the games of Makur-Chuot, Wakefield, Conti, Monahan, and Brennan. Makur-Chuot was very steady in defence and didn't flinch when filling the hole in front of Harris. Monahan just kept getting the ball and Brennan toiled on well after getting a 'stinger' on her shoulder early in the game.

Yes - disappointed at not getting a win but it's still early days.

You can see all the player stats, fixtures, and goalkickers on https://yellowandblack.com.au/afl-womens-team/

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
If it's not kicked on Frederick's head, she's out of the play.
Conti, Seymour, Makur-Chuot and Monahan were our best and I liked Wakefield's game.

Great to see a huge crowd!

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
If it's not kicked on Frederick's head, she's out of the play.
Conti, Seymour, Makur-Chuot and Monahan were our best and I liked Wakefield's game.

Great to see a huge crowd!
Fredericks did not look fit enough to run the miles required ala Lynch or Riewoldt

Overall too slow in transition of the ball. Carlton looked like they have played together before and are well drilled closing down options quickly.

Big learning curve. We have 5 or 6 up to speed footballers. My take is a lot of them are young and inexperienced and the plan is to build them together over this season and next. Similar to the plan with the VFL team.

Reactions: Jools and Coach

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
No v Suns thread so continuing on here

Playing another first year team on their turf and we played well. But just like the men our kicking for goal is an Achilles heel.

Still need to get more flow into the game. Too much prop and wait. Too slow to move the ball. Gives too much time for the opposition to close down options.

Reactions: Jools

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
I didn't get to see this one, but I'm hoping to attend our next home game.