Add-Ins I'm considering adding to the site

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • AFL Women Hub

Visit the AFL Women Hub for Match Results, Player Stats, Goalkickers, and upcoming Matches. Updated February 16.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Which of these add-ins would like to see installed on the forum? Choose as many as you wish

• User Name Colour

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Question & Answer Forums

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trending

• User Name Change

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Ignore More

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Post Comments

• Giphy

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I need your assistance with some add-in that I'm looking at adding to the site. Some are free, others will cost a little bit of money.

The add-ins I'm looking at are (follow the links for more info and screenshots):
  • User Name Colour - Will allow members to a some flair to their username by adding custom colours and styles
  • Question & Answer Forums - This will provide the opportunity to ask questions and then mark an answer as the best option
  • Trending - will allow the most active and relevant threads to act as the Forum homepage or add a "Trending" tab to the top navigation menu
  • User Name Change - will allow users who meet the specified criteria to change their username
  • Ignore More - provides the opportunity to ignore threads or forums instead of just ignoring users
  • Post Comments - modernises the forum discussions with inline post replies so discussions are relative and easy to follow
  • Giphy - provided the ability to add giphy animated gifs to your posts

There will be some others added that will mainly add functionality to the Admin area.

I'll leave the poll open for 7 days.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I will get to work on installing all with the exception of Question and Answer Forums (the low vote count didn't justify the cost) and the Ignore More add-in.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Username colour add-in is now installed. To use it, simply go to your Preferences -> Account Details. You'll see the area where you can specify your Username colour. It must be a hex value (e.g. #ffffff = white).

If you need a hand, click on the rectangle to the right of the text field and select your preferred colour.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
You can now search for and insert GIPHY images into posts. Just click on this image Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 18.14.20.png on the toolbar and select "GIPHY". You can then search for your image and imbed it into a post.

Reactions: Jools and HKTiger

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
You now have the ability to post a comment rather than a reply - the additional option "Comment" appears next to the Reply button.

BTW comments don't count as posts.

Last edited: