AFL Men AFL 2019 GRAND FINAL - RICHMOND vs GWS

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women AFL Men
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges) Seven
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights) Selections
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels) Available
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Who were your top 3 tigers on the day?

• Martin

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Houli

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Prestia

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Pickett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Castagna

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Edwards

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Cotchin

• Soldo

• Lynch

• Riewoldt

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
3 VERY important questions:
When does the winners DVD box set come out?
When does the Richmond Draught Premiers 2019 slabs come out?
When does Peter Dickson’s wonderful GF mini-docu come out?
I believe that Richmond draught will be available later this week.

Not sure about the other two

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Love to hear what you all think was THE critical moment of the finals series for us.
Maureen Hafey and Kevin Sheedy presenting the cup before the GF. Richmond had both hands on the cup before the ball was even bounced.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Another crucial moment....PF, late in the second quarter, down by 20 points and Ablett squares a high ball to Radegalea who is on his own. Broady leaves his man, body lines the man with eyes fixed on the ball and kills it. That was amazing defending!!! No ostrich on that one!!!!

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
Another crucial moment....PF, late in the second quarter, down by 20 points and Ablett squares a high ball to Radegalea who is on his own. Broady leaves his man, body lines the man with eyes fixed on the ball and kills it. That was amazing defending!!! No ostrich on that one!!!!
Is Radegalea one of our NGA player's or was ,,he's from our Academy zone and fits the criteria required ,,,Hmm maybe they didn't want him .

My thoughts about the Grand final,l went expecting to wiin by 4-5 goals ,it certainly exceeded my expectations ,and the relentless pressure by our player's was brilliant to watch .
Pickett was a great debut but seriously getting votes in the norm smith surprised me ,l thought in was in our better player's but not top three.
They said Grimes was underrated ,well Astbury must be the most underrated Tiger this century ,he rarely gets beaten and lm struggling to think when the last time was ,he doesnt 'get the possessions but does the job.
My favorite bagging mate George :) he was very good ,had he slotted 2-3 of those points he would of been Norm Smith medalist imo.

All in all,it was just a ripper match by us ,honestly l don't think there was a bad player,they all just worked so hard,and didn't stop right till the end.
Now bring on 2020 it's ours :)

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Is Radegalea one of our NGA player's or was ,,he's from our Academy zone and fits the criteria required ,,,Hmm maybe they didn't want him .

My thoughts about the Grand final,l went expecting to wiin by 4-5 goals ,it certainly exceeded my expectations ,and the relentless pressure by our player's was brilliant to watch .
Pickett was a great debut but seriously getting votes in the norm smith surprised me ,l thought in was in our better player's but not top three.
They said Grimes was underrated ,well Astbury must be the most underrated Tiger this century ,he rarely gets beaten and lm struggling to think when the last time was ,he doesnt 'get the possessions but does the job.
My favorite bagging mate George :) he was very good ,had he slotted 2-3 of those points he would of been Norm Smith medalist imo.

All in all,it was just a ripper match by us ,honestly l don't think there was a bad player,they all just worked so hard,and didn't stop right till the end.
So have you found your players for mass premierships yet? You'd think this bunch have at least two more flags left in them.

Reactions: herky

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Ch7 didn’t give the live site at Punt Rd much (any?) AirPlay during the telecast...how was it?

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
There's always been one important thing missing from my AFL's 'best list' , but I can now finally add the missing link to complete my list.

It's not difficult to see why Those Mighty Tigers are the biggest sporting organization in Australia.

It's coz we have...

THE BEST COLORS
THE BEST JUMPER
THE BEST HOME GROUND
THE BEST HOME BASE LOCATION
THE BEST CLUB SONG
THE BEST CLUB EMBLEM
THE BEST SUPPORTERS
THE BEST MEMBERSHIP

And now the missing piece can officially be added.

Without a single doubt we now have...

THE BEST TEAM

Anduril

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Site Immortal
Jul 25, 2007
3 VERY important questions:
When does the winners DVD box set come out?
When do the Richmond Draught Premiers 2019 slabs come out?
When does Peter Dickson’s wonderful GF mini-docu come out?
Winners DVD box set comes out November 6th according to assistant I trust at JB.

Also if you want some fabulous original T-shirts, etc google Redbubble then use search for Richmond t-shirts. You can also get bumper stickers etc.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Also if you want some fabulous original T-shirts, etc google Redbubble then use search for Richmond t-shirts. You can also get bumper stickers etc.

You’ll find this discount information useful too!
9F99A8A6-CA20-430F-941D-EA5A44FD8172.jpeg

honestjohn

Listed Player
Nov 25, 2011
Has anyone seen this BS article on Premiership windows?
For What it's worth, and TL;DR, here's my analysis
Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, SHUT
Gold Coast WELDED SHUT
GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, SHUT
Richmond WIDE OPEN
St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast, Western Bulldogs SHUT

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Has anyone seen this BS article on Premiership windows?
For What it's worth, and TL;DR, here's my analysis
Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, SHUT
Gold Coast WELDED SHUT
GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, SHUT
Richmond WIDE OPEN
St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast, Western Bulldogs SHUT

lol

TIGES PREMIERSHIP WINDOW >>

TIGES WINDOW 2.jpg

GOLD COAST PREMIERSHIP WINDOW >>

bars.jpg

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005

Can't remember if correct but my recollection on Radegalea as a NGA is that we missed out by 1 year on him qualifying

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
I re watched the Grand Final on the weekend. First viewing without emotion.

We played some fantastic passages football. Definitely clicked for us that day.

We also left some score. Castagna missing 5 by not much and a couple of the other shots didn't miss by much. Luckily it didn't matter.

Reactions: herky and Vines

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
In the finals, it was interesting that we took advantage of the opposition missing critical shots. The Lions, nearly every time they went forward in QF although, McDonald, McLuggage, McCarthy, Cameron and Raynor all missed easy shots. Blicavs in the PF missed a sitter, and Himmelberg's miss early in the second quarter was the point where we never looked back.

I always think back to Tom Lynch (Adelaide) and his miss in the second quarter of the 2017 GF, then Rance's phenomenal spoil on Walker that set up Jack's goal.

Turning points...

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I just wanted to say a big thank you to the 2015 Rookie Draft for providing 4 premiership players for us. 2 in 2017 in Castagna and Lambo, and Soldo and Shorty obviously got their medal this year...wow!

Reactions: Jools

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Any word on whether Dickson Films has done another GF film this year?
My merch from the superstore arrives this week, including Marshall's new book. Can't wait.