AFL Finals 2019

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Men
    Thomson Dow (Bendigo Pioneers) Noah Cumberland (Brisbane Lions Academy)
    Will Martyn (Brisbane Lions Academy) Hugo Ralphsmith (Sandringham Dragons)
    Bigoa Nyuon (Dandenong Stingrays)
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges)
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights)
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels)
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
If I was an Essendon supporter I'd be praying that my team never made the finals again.

Since 2004 >>

2009 - Elimination Final vs Adel = 96 pt loss

2011 - Elimination Final vs Carl = 62 pt loss

2014 - Elimination Final vs Nth = 12 pt loss

2017 - Elimination Final vs Syd = 65 pt loss

2019 - Elimination Final vs W.C = 55 pt loss

Ave losing margin = 58 points

Reactions: Vosstiger

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
As much as it pains me, I find myself agreeing with Joffa.

What team would you rate higher than Geelong fans as the biggest sooks in the AFL?

69536218_2326904700690123_9193148760014716928_o.jpg

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
As much as it pains me, I find myself agreeing with Joffa.

What team would you rate higher than Geelong fans as the biggest sooks in the AFL?

View attachment 1958
That's why I will never go to Kardinia Park again. I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with joffa

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
That's why I will never go to Kardinia Park again. I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with joffa
Apart from the fact the ground is so small, visiting team supporters can’t get a ticket.

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
North & Saints fans scream for frees all game, at Moorabbin the Saints could turn nasty.
Bulldogs would rarely say boo.
I'm told Freo & Eagles are very ugly over in the West, know nothing about the game itself.
Hawks got arrogant in recent times, thuggish behaviour onfield reflected by their fans.
Swans & Lions even after getting free after free expect even more.
Magpies are similar and feel smug with the weight of numbers. They have the greatest mob mentality.
Bombers have an air of entitlement but that has been grudgingly knocked out of most of them, but not all.
I havent seen enough of Giant and Sun supporters to make an opinion of them.
Demon fans are usually silent but jump on and off the bandwagon quickly.
Crows I found are matter of fact, peck you to death in numbers, Power are more working class they hate each other!
Blues, the most arrogant by far, they are the ones who will push the boundaries to rub your face, in losing to them.
Cats chip on shoulder about losing 67, still to this day, quiet usually but got cocky with the recent premiership wins, that has softened over the last couple of years.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I have to say been to Perth games and Adelaide games they don't come close to the treatment you get at Geelong.

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
Cats pay lip service to even allowing away members into Cat park, I think they are timid about facing numbers of opposition.
Because there are so few they have the luxury of ignoring the miniscule pockets of opp supporters.
The crows I think were more vindictive, eg. damaging cars with Vic number plates etc.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Some big injuries last night. The most important ones suffered by the Pies. De Goey is their talisman and proven big game player. Must be serious doubts on him getting back this finals series.

But perhaps more importantly, Greenwood would’ve been the guy that went to Dusty in a GF. Without that option, and with Dusty looking like he wants to tear these finals apart, they might have to go head to head. I know who I would back.

If it’s a Pies Tigers GF, that’s a huge out for them. *of course, we have to take care of our business tonight and in the prelim first.

honestjohn

Listed Player
Nov 25, 2011
I had deja vu of last year's Prelim Final watching Collingwood for the first 15 minutes of the first quarter last night. But then they seriously faded. Losing de Goey didn't help. We can beat both of these teams!

Reactions: herky

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
I've just registered for Grand Final tickets - exciting! Priority 1 registration is on now until 11, then Priority 2 and 3 to follow later today.

In a good omen, my hockey team won our Masters Grand Final last night, our team song is Oh We're From Tigerland. First Grand Final I've ever played in.

Reactions: Vines

honestjohn

Listed Player
Nov 25, 2011
Does anyone know how many P1, P2 and P3 members there are? Being an MCC member I have walk-up rights anyway but I have "side-bets" that are P3 that happened to be successful 2 years ago so my bride and brother could go. I am interested in what the chances are

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
No idea really, though P1 includes 50 year members, coterie groups, MRC and Premiership Circle. I happen to be both MRC and Premiership Circle, not sure whether that is a double up I don't need. Membership numbers have varied hugely over the years and there isn't even records for some years. Not sure how many 50+ year members there are, in 1969 there were just under 8,000 total members. In 1994 (Platinum) there were 8220 members. Not sure how many of those would have actually continued all the way through. I'm not even Platinum yet, the year I joined there was 26,500 members (thanks to https://www.tigerlandarchive.org/tiki-index.php?page=Membership+Figures ).

IIRC someone made a guess at around 10,000 P1 members a couple of years ago.

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Cats pay lip service to even allowing away members into Cat park, I think they are timid about facing numbers of opposition.
Because there are so few they have the luxury of ignoring the miniscule pockets of opp supporters.
The crows I think were more vindictive, eg. damaging cars with Vic number plates etc.
It was the squealing of the crows fans I used to always hate the worst. Now they just disintegrate, just like their captain and coach have.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
If Hawkins appeals, it will be the biggest waste of time and money in recent tribunal history. I get that he is not risking another week when he is unsuccessful, but when you coward punch someone from behind, when the ball is 60m away.....well, gee Tommy, makes no difference how many times you say sorry, you're still lucky you didn't do more damage and should be thankful you're only getting a week.