anyone going to the trainig in QLD ?

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
be nice to get some eye witness reports of how the guys are looking

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
no one by the looks

I found these
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-21/slowys-qldcamp2019-diary-day-1
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-22/slowys-qldcamp2019-diary-day-2

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-23/slowys-qldcamp2019-diary-day-3

and a couple of posts on BF

all seems to be going very well and injury numbers down for now

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Was more worried about the free day yesterday and the activities they did. Hopefully they all survived

amc11

Recruit
Nov 11, 2018
I did get to go along to the training session in Qld.  It was advertised the open session would be from approximately 8.45 am and that there would be a short time available for photos/signings afterwards.  When we arrived just before 8.45 the players were already out on the ground getting ready for what turned out to be a full on intense training rather than the light run I had expected to see especially considering the heat.  

I have to say there was so much going on that at times it was hard to know where to look.   The impressions I took away are how well drilled the boys are and how quickly the rotations got underway.  From memory the first hour or so was made up of small group drills with each group performing different skills and they appeared to be timed to the minute.  During this time Dylan Grimes was participating wearing the 'batman' mask.  When the small group drills changed to more contact, Grimes (without the mask) ran laps and 200 metre sprints along with Jack Graham, Ryan Garthwaite and at times Trent Cotchin, Shai Bolton, and Oleg Markov, while Tom Lynch ran lap after lap after lap as well as doing some straight runs at pace.  

At one stage the ruck group were performing some drills nearby, then Josh Caddy? (memory failing a bit here as it may have been Nathan Broad) & Brandon Ellis and Dustin Martin & Alex Rance were doing some one on one marking drills.  The interesting thing here was each pairing had one taller opponent and it was fascinating to watch even though the drill didn't go for a long time.  

Jack Graham was put through some almost physio type exercises and moves to test the strength in his shoulder.  It was looking pretty good and it seems like Jack is leaner this season.  Dusty also looks to have dropped some kgs or it might be some decrease in muscle bulk.  

The match simulation was played with real intensity and overall very fun to watch.  It was also easy to lose track of who was doing what as there was always something going on to catch your eye or ear and distract from the main group.  All up I think it was about 2.5 hours solid training in the heat followed by probably 35 - 45 minutes signing and having photos taken.  From what I saw the players were very gracious, obliging and thanking people for coming out to see them.