April Updates

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
You may have noticed a small change to the number of forums that are available for Football Discussion.

There was once (only for a short time admittedly) 4 forums for Richmond teams - AFL Men & Women and VFL Men & Women. It occurred to me that we are all one club and then should have all discussions - no matter from what club or gender - posted under Richmond Ramblings. The side benefit of this is that you only have to remember to post on one forum as well  :)

The other change is that you must now use a Thread Prefix when posting a new thread. This will allow you to designate what team your post is about or if it’s a general item, tigers in the news, match preview or review.

All the old posts are still available (except for 2018 which is another story) in the Tiger Archive which is a sub-forum of Richmond Ramblings.

I’m going to go through all of the other forums as well to reduce the number of choices that are required when somebody wants to post something.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Those of you who have voted in the Yellow Sash Award will have noticed that the voting was being conducted on a different website (tigers.aussierules.online). I'm now in the process of moving that site over to yellowandblack.com.au so in future, you'll be able to cast your Yellow Sash Award votes without leaving this website.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be working on:
* moving the forum to a sub-directory (haven't yet worked out which one yet, but I'll let you know)
* promoting the old tigers.aussierules.online website CMS (Wordpress) to be our new landing page. At present, you'll find it at yellowandblack.com.au/blog

After many months of trial and error, I've finally come up with a use for Wordpress that I reckon will work on Yellow and Black. I've installed a plugin that provides the ability to track all 4 Richmond teams (AFLM, AFLW, VFLM, VFLW), players, matches, results, statistics, and ladder positions. It's not perfect yet, but I'm working with the developer to tweak a few things to give it nicer presentation.

I'm hoping to turn this site into a one-stop site where you get all the tiger information you need and be able to interact with other like-minded tiger supporters.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Thanks @Coach formerly of the @Ned variety. See mentioned you twice in one post

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Well, I’ve managed to move the forums to yellowandblack.com.au/community and the blog to yellowandblack.com.au.

Along the way, I managed to make it impossible for people to login to the forum - me included! In fact, I still can’t login on my desktop, but can on my iPad. I’m still working through this though.

That’s the major change over and done with - now onto some tweaking of the blog.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Stuff has been happening - some good, and some bad.

The bad is just about over - people are now able to login a little easier. I’ve made a quick change to the menus on the homepage (blog) to make it obvious that the login link is for the blog. The only way to login to this forum is to follow the link to the Y & B Community and login there.

At present, Yellow and Black comprises two separate systems - a blog, and a forum. I’m working in the background to get these two integrated. It will happen soon, but I don’t want to release it until it’s working properly - you have all been through enough!

There are still a few things on the blog part of the site that need attention and I’m working with the developer of the plugin software I’m using to get these fixes done (Match Center - ugh!). These little things will be fixed over time, so I’m being patient. Once it’s all finished, I t’ll be the site that I’ve always wanted. I hope that stick around and that you’ll love it too!

Don’t forget, our social media sites:
* Twitter: twitter.com/yellow_n_black
* Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/richmondonline
* Instagram: Instagram.com/yellowandblackonline

Happy for you to interact with all of these of just here :)