AFL Women Courtney Wakefield: Determination to play

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Family relocation, epic road trips, breastfeeding in a grandstand during a trial to become a Tiger. Courtney Wakefield’s determination to play AFLW has featured all of this and much more.
Breastfeeding mere minutes before a physical try out to join Richmond? Yes. And that wasn’t the half of it that day. As Wakefield attempted to resume playing Aussie Rules after a 20-year gap, her youngest child was aged just seven weeks, and her eldest – a toddler – was running rampant on the sidelines.
The 32-year-old forward has detailed in the sixth edition of The Originals podcast how she and husband, Tom, experienced four miscarried pregnancies before they became parents of two.
When she drove herself to Bendigo to be put through her paces for the first time she found herself looking for excuses to turn around and head for home – a six-hour drive from Melbourne, in the New South Wales town of Top Hut.
“Lots of feeding, no sleeping and that’s it. I was extremely unfit,” she says.
“I was...
Continue reading...

Reactions: Jools

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Love the way she goes about it. Her story shows how much determination and work it takes to play at the highest level.