Footy Tipping software

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I've just purchased tipping software as a plugin for the site.

I'm currently configuring it and hope to have it ready sometime next week.

I am going to get it operational in time so that we can run a test on the software during the 2016 finals series. If it performs as advertised, we can use this for footy tipping in the 2017 season.

It works simply - each member who wishes to play joins the pool. You'll be notified when there is 48 and 24 hours before lockout so that you can get your tips in. Once the round is complete, the software will total the round score and also the leaderboard for the competition.

I'll let you know when it's ready for you to sign up.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
So there is a lockout before the first game of the round? Sometimes I change my mind during the round if there's late changes.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
So there is a lockout before the first game of the round? Sometimes I change my mind during the round if there's late changes.
I think so. I'll know more once I set everything up for the test run.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I have setup the tipping competition for Round 23 as another trial. I'll run this right through the finals series so that we can all give it a good trial.

You'll see a Menu item at the top called "Pickem". You need to select the "Pool" you wish to join - you have your choice of 2016 AFL Premiership Season" (Round 23 only) and "2016 AFL Finals Series". You can join one or both. To make your selections, you'll need to click on the "Manage your Picks" link. Then, click on "Edit Tips" and on the right hand side, click on your selection.

I have just setup Round 23 and found that each game can be locked out at a given time so I have entered the start time of each game as the lockout time.

Happy tipping!

Post your thoughts and suggestions here. If I can put any suggestions into effect I'll try.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
I'm on my phone and can't find the Manage your Picks link. I'm seeing a table with Picks Distribution and I can see I'm active in Round 23.
ETA: got it done when a reminder came up and I could edit my tips :)