Forum Software Update

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
This post is to introduce XenForo 1.5.0, the first supported version in the XenForo 1.5 series. This release builds on previous versions of XenForo to add new features and bug fixes.

New Features

The new features in XenForo 1.5 include:
...and more.

Since the initial release, Xenforo 1.5.1 has now been released.

I will update the forum software sometime this month. Once I've worked out when to perform the upgrade, I'll let you all know as the site will be down for about an hour while the upgrade is applied.

There will also be an upgrade to the Media gallery which I'll install after the forum upgrade.

I have also purchased two other add-ins:
  • Resource Manager (the FAQ gives full details) which is a fully integrated solution that will allow for downloads and other resources to be made available through the website. I haven't yet worked out the full details on how it will be used on Y & B yet, but will let you know when I do :)
  • Featured Threads. We are currently using only part of it's capability at present. Once the site has been upgraded, I will have the Featured Threads page act as our homepage to replace the current Wordpress-driven content management system. I have decided on this as the Featured Threads add-in is fully integrated with the forum software and allows greater flexibility when publishing items to the homepage.
I'll post more information when known.

BigTigerCasey

Recruit
Feb 5, 2008
@Ned, big thumbs up for the constant improvements you provide for us mere users.

I know in earlier incarnations, you had the option for people to help out. Is this still possible?

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Is there an option for inserting tables in a post? HTML doesn't seem to work.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
My first visit to the site for some time. Got back from our holiday in the USA on January 3rd and have been recovering from altitude sickness and some cracked ribs ever since. :(

Feeling much better now so will be a regular visitor again!

I have some time this week, so will complete the software upgrade (finally) this Thursday night from around 10:00 PM. The site will be offline for about 1 hour during the upgrade.

Ms Tantie

Recruit
Apr 7, 2008
Glad you're feeling better now, @Ned. What airline did you fly? I want to avoid them as I like my ribs in one piece... ;)

Ouch!
Ms Tantie.
xox

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Glad you're feeling better now, @Ned. What airline did you fly? I want to avoid them as I like my ribs in one piece... ;)

Ouch!
Ms Tantie.
xox
Wasn't their fault. I was sitting on the ground next to my son, went to get up but slipped and fell on his raised knee :(

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
1-2 weeks for him Ned. Plea it down to a reprimand at best.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Tonight's software upgrade will not go ahead due to me working too hard and needing sleep.

I'll advise a new date and time soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I'm going to start some preparation for the software upgrade.

One of the things I'm going to remove is the homepage software which is currently Wordpress CMS. I'm going to replace it with the Featured Threads page (there will be more than 1 thread on the page :) )

Once I have that displaying correctly, I'll upgrade the forum software and then the other add-ins as well so that everything should work correctly.

In the interim, you may see some different looking homepages but remember that it will be a work in progress until finished. While I'm configuring the new homepage, you will still be able to view and post in the forum.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I have now removed the old homepage. You will notice now that you are directed to the forum homepage now from yellowandblack.com.au.

I'll work on the new homepage so that the look is a little nicer :)

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I have just finished upgrading the forum software. Still too early to tell if I need to make any changes :)

Ms Tantie

Recruit
Apr 7, 2008
Sorry @Ned, but is broken. :(

There's no thread listing at right inside threads, and while there are unread posts, the unread posts listing at right of the main listing are all acting as if everything's been read.

Hoping that makes some sense, it's been a long day here...

Merci!
Ms Tantie.
xox

PS: Thanks for all your hard work though. :)

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Keep up the good work Ned.

Although I probably need a refresher course in change management.......

Ms Tantie

Recruit
Apr 7, 2008
At the risk of going all Inceptionistic, I'm trying to be more constructive.

ISSUE: New posts not showing as new (bold) at right of screen...

ISSUE: New posts listing not showing at right of screen as it used to...

Hoping that is of some help, @Ned.

Debug!
Ms Tantie.
xox

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Yep - got it. Not easy to change but working on it.

I can't promise that I will be able to make this happen in the short term.

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
Personally I don't care as I always use new posts not that list.