Getting redirected to webring

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Claw

Recruit
Nov 7, 2011
With quick reflexes and a little luck I've been managing to get on to the Y&B site over the last few days.

On trying to open Y&B I'm being immediately redirected to webring.

My work around at the moment is repeated attempts at trying to click on any link within the Y&B site before the redirect takes over within a second.

Along with Sudoku, crossword puzzles etc this is probably a good excise for the brain/hand eye co-ordination but I'm fearful of over training and the pre-season hasn't even started yet. :)

Help.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
The AFL Webring has been on the site for nearly 10 years now. In fact, I've run it for about 7 years now after taking it over following a bloodless coup ;)

The AFL Webring currently has 52 member sites. The idea behind it is that each member site uses the Webring navigation code so that you can move between each website that is part of the ring. In this way, your website receives traffic from people who may not have otherwise visited your website.

I'm not sure what's happened to cause the redirection so I've removed the Webring navigation code from the homepage until I solve the issue.

If this happens again, you can simply visit the forum homepage (http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forums/forum.php) as the Webring navigation code only appears on the portal homepage.

I'll post updates when I isolate the issue.

Claw

Recruit
Nov 7, 2011
All well and good Ned. I've had issues before with being directed to Webring but it hasn't gone on this long.

Not really interested in your Webring member sites - only Y&B which I invested in.

Would like to be able to access Y&B when I wish.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
As mentioned in my earlier post, I have removed the navigation code from the site while I investigate the issue.

If this is still happening, you will need to flush your browser's cache.

The whole point of being part of the webring is to drive traffic to the site. This is why I'm keen to fix the issue and then have Y & B rejoin the webring so that we can reap the benefit that increased exposure gives.

Cheers!

Ned

Forbesy

Listed Player
Apr 7, 2004
I get the Webring page occasionally but just hit the y&b tab in my Bookmark toolbar again and it goes to the y&b Homepage.

I've got a plunger ready in case that ends in tears.

Claw

Recruit
Nov 7, 2011
As mentioned in my earlier post, I have removed the navigation code from the site while I investigate the issue.

The whole point of being part of the webring is to drive traffic to the site. This is why I'm keen to fix the issue and then have Y & B rejoin the webring so that we can reap the benefit that increased exposure gives.

Cheers!

Ned
Does Webring drive to Y&B or Y&B to Webring?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Does Webring drive to Y&B or Y&B to Webring?
It's both ways. Stats indicate that Y & B get more incoming traffic via the webring than other member sites. However, until the issue is fixed the navigation code won't be reinstated.

Cheers!

Ned