What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Dons here

May Updates

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Well, you may have all noticed that we've "gone back to the future". By that I mean that I've changed the forum software yet again to the latest version of the forum software that we used a couple of years ago - Xenforo.

I'm still going through all the settings to make sure that the forum is going to work properly and has the proper colour scheme, so bear with me while I work my way through this. The homepage blog will remain and won't be integrated with the forum - I've seen a few examples where this works well (that's how Big Footy have setup their site). This way, the forum can deal with the usual conversations that we have, whereas the blog will be set aside for updates on the matches and statistics of the 4 teams within our club. You can get all the information about scores and player stats on the blog.

I know that there have been many changes of software - especially over the past 2 years. I need to apologise to you every member for this - I know that these moves have cost the site some really great contributors. I'm hoping that once this latest move settles down, the site may entice some of those old members back and will attract some new members to inject some life into the site.

Initially, you'll find some inconsistencies with the User Group that you're a member of, and a few other things that don't really make sense right now. I will be working through these items in the coming weeks and hope to have things back to normal as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your support over the many years that this site has been in operation. I look forward to more good time both on and off the field in the near future.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
You will have noticed that the site styling has changed - I hope that you agree it's for the better :)

The theme appears to me to also look good on my mobile. Do you agree @Vines ?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Moving back to this software allows me to introduce the Coterie Membership premium membership package which costs $15 per year.

In summary, it allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: https://yellowandblack.com.au/tigerland/account/upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or if I think of them :)

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
It look sand feels fabulous. It's like an old friend
Agreed. In hindsight, I should never moved away from this software in the first place.. I can only put it down to not being in a great place mentally at the time. I'm happy to say that I'm on top of things again mentally and physically!

I'm pretty happy with the look and feel of the site right now and with the blog part of the site being separate, is much easier to manage. Now, I just need to find time to write some articles and recruit others to contribute as well. Hint, hint @Vosstiger :)

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Yse it's about time to write somethings again. Glad you are back in a better place as well. Tough times are just that and it's always nice to come out the other end. Look at all our group we keep coming back :)

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Yse it's about time to write somethings again. Glad you are back in a better place as well. Tough times are just that and it's always nice to come out the other end. Look at all our group we keep coming back :)
I'll create a blog login for you and e-mail the details. ;)