Most Valuable player for [Elimination Final: Richmond v North Melbourne 2015]

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Not the best result so probably not the greatest test of this voting software, but let's give it a go anyway.

Get your votes in!

Select your 3-2-1 votes for this game. The software will keep track of all votes and come up with a total.

BigTigerCasey

Recruit
Feb 5, 2008
The only thing with the 3/2/1 is - can't change it. If you have a d'ohh moment (as I did) can't edit to undo...

Can we also get a tally of the number of voters? (it would be interesting to see if everyone, for example, voted for JR8).

Cheers

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
The only thing with the 3/2/1 is - can't change it. If you have a d'ohh moment (as I did) can't edit to undo...

Can we also get a tally of the number of voters? (it would be interesting to see if everyone, for example, voted for JR8).

Cheers
I had the same thing. I voted and then realised I had got one wrong. Only having three players is a bit constraining. If we could allocate 6 votes, it may be netter.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003

Cheers
Unfortunately, once you cast your vote - that's it. Don't vote in haste :)

If you come back to this thread, you can see how many people have voted for a particular player. For example, at the time of posting this Jack has received 31 points from 14 votes.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I had the same thing. I voted and then realised I had got one wrong. Only having three players is a bit constraining. If we could allocate 6 votes, it may be netter.
As mentioned in my response to BTC, you are unable to change your vote.

This software only allows the options mentioned in the MVP Plugin thread. I would be loathe to hack the code to change it as it adds to the time required to perform upgrades to the software.

BigTigerCasey

Recruit
Feb 5, 2008
Unfortunately, once you cast your vote - that's it. Don't vote in haste :)

If you come back to this thread, you can see how many people have voted for a particular player. For example, at the time of posting this Jack has received 31 points from 14 votes.
@Ned, does that mean all people who voted, also voted for Jack? Or that more than 14 people have voted but only 14 voted for Jack ( I know it means this), but I'm guessing there are more people voting and it might be nice to have a total voted counter as well.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
@Ned, does that mean all people who voted, also voted for Jack? Or that more than 14 people have voted but only 14 voted for Jack ( I know it means this), but I'm guessing there are more people voting and it might be nice to have a total voted counter as well.
Add up all the numbers for each player in the votes column and divide be 3 will give you the number of voters.

eg I just did it and Jack had 15 votes but the adding and dividing came to 17

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
There doesn't appear to be provision for a total number of people who voted.

Like Gracie mentioned - add the "Votes" column at this point it time it adds up to 54 divide that by 3 and that gives you 18 people that have voted.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Great @Ned 5 to 1 would be a good measure. I think it would make the votes close to paralleling the JD

BigTigerCasey

Recruit
Feb 5, 2008
Seems to work well @Ned. If this makes life easier, then it's clearly a winner!

I see from using @Gracie's three factor theorem, everyone who voted, voted for Jack.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Really Jools? I thought Jack was clearly our best player...put the team on his back.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Really Jools? I thought Jack was clearly our best player...put the team on his back.
He did play well and kicked goals. We all see things differently.
FWIW I voted for Rance, Miles and McIntosh (can't remember the order). I also voted after a few drinks to drown my sorrows :D

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Fair call. If my key forward kicks a goal a quarter, I'm happy with him. I loved Rance's game - he was covering two men most of the game and having to do the offensive work of three. Chaplin's brain fade with Nahas was so predictable...poor ole Anthony was doing the work of 4 men everytime he went to a stoppage.

I liked Dusty's game because he was busting a gut around the ground. His workrate was superb and mistakes he made were from trying to make things happen or he was probably knackered. I'd much rather lose a game trying to win it as Dusty did, than waiting for the inevitable chop....credit to the group, at no stage did I ever thought we chucked in the towel or dropped our bundle after a mistake or when north got a roll on. But gee, lessons must be learned, or it won't just be 2013 and 2015 that will be looked at as missed opportunities, but this mini-era of Jack, Alex, Brett and Trent. Blokes like Jack and Alex don't come around all too often, especially not at the picks we selected them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I have received a response from the developers. The next version of the add-in will allow for a 5-4-3-2-1 scoring system. Assuming that this will be released in time for the 2016 season, I will adopt this software to manage the Yellow Sash Award from next year.

I'll switch off the add-in for now and reinstate it in time to give a full test during the NAB Challenge in 2016.

I will also tally up the Yellow Sash Award votes for this year and announce the winner soon.