Not My President

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Congratulations to Dion Prestia - 2019 Jack Dyer Medal winner

thebigricho

Site Immortal
Apr 15, 2006
I don't mind the message from a President but the juxtaposition between that and being a village idiot on vacuous early morning TV doesn't gel.

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
I think he is way over the top and acting like a supporter not a president .
It's ok to have passion,but his player's had just been beaten on the last kick ,he should of waited for a few day's before having his rant,and left the talking to the coaches.

country-tige

Recruit
Jul 1, 2004
Speaking of presidents - that idiot Wannabe president Hiscock is up and about taking credit for current success.

Thanks Doc

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Too funny

YnB should put out a press release detailing our collective input over 15 years which helped with the success of the club this year.

You know it makes sense.

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
YnB should put out a press release detailing our collective input over 15 years which helped with the success of the club this year.
Or just BTC

But has Balme actually spoken about whether FoF were important in getting him to come to Richmond?

Forbesy

Listed Player
Apr 7, 2004
Do you mean apart from Balme confirming they hadn't made contact with him?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Speaking of presidents - that idiot Wannabe president Hiscock is up and about taking credit for current success.

Thanks Doc
Marty Hiscock is most certainly not an idiot. He is a passionate Tiger fan who has saved my life on two occasions.

He is not a public figure and I believe that this is a contributing factor in how he comes across during press conferences. He is not a media performer but when you lead a Board challenge, you are expected to become one.

The last time I spoke with him he gave me the impression that he was going to keep out of the limelight. It appears that the journalist went looking for a headline and found one.

thebigricho

Site Immortal
Apr 15, 2006
When you read the Fox Sports article, what he said is not unreasonable.

The club was a shambles last year. Tick.

Cotchin to be replaced as Captain. 12 months ago that wasn't outlandish.

Peggy's behaviour around elections is a bit murky. Plenty of members agree.

Really the crux of it is around Balme. Personally, my information is there is much more to Balme's appointment than meets the eye.

The club needed a shake-up last year and got it. Maybe FOF contributed to that, maybe they didn't.

Graeme Bowman

Recruit
May 18, 2012
"breakfast" television is the equivalent of wisdom teeth extraction.
Having experienced both, I can attest that the differences between them, though subtle, are noticeable to the keen observer. Especially when the anaesthetic wears off prematurely.

BigTigerCasey

Recruit
Feb 5, 2008
Having experienced both, I can attest that the differences between them, though subtle, are noticeable to the keen observer. Especially when the anaesthetic wears off prematurely.
There is no other escape from breakfast television, whereas dentists will prescribe Panadeine Forte.

And people say dentists are cruel, sheesh!

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
No doubt Hiscock added to the pressure on the board last year, which by extension upped the pressure on the whole club.

The pressure lead to significant changes in the football dept, which have paid big dividends on field.

On that basis he should take some credit for the action the board took and the subsequent turn around in our fortunes.

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
Seriously flogging a dead horse.all fof did was make fools of themselves.

All football dept changes where already done or in progress before they came out.

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
All football dept changes where already done or in progress before they came out.
Which changes? They all happened after the challenge. FOF's legacy might be that no one ever tries to take on an incumbent RFC board again.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
No doubt Hiscock added to the pressure on the board last year, which by extension upped the pressure on the whole club.

The pressure lead to significant changes in the football dept, which have paid big dividends on field.

On that basis he should take some credit for the action the board took and the subsequent turn around in our fortunes.
They certainly caused more pressure on the board but l fail to see how their keystone cops challenge made any difference to the plans already in place by the board nor to the results of the football department review.

They do not get any credit from me. They looked foolish and amateurish.