Plus-HD-4.8 nuisance

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
This is not so much a call for help as advice in case your computer becomes infected by Plus-HD-4.8.

This is prob already known to IT boffins but for dummies such as me it can be very annoying.

It's not so much a virus as a PUP. (boffin-speak)

Evidently it can be a danger as it allows nasties and other 'orrible things to invade your setup.

First signs seems to be uncalled-for ads that pop up out of nowhere and certain words highlighted and underlined followed by a green circle with a diagonal arrow coming out of it.

I got rid of it by going into Control Panel and uninstalling it. IE/Firefox and any other system should also be checked.

Best to Google "Plus-HD-4.8" and read about it.

Ned or others might have something more to add.

Anduril

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Site Immortal
Jul 25, 2007
So that's what it's called @Gimme. I got rid of it too by Googling..... it came with the new operating system but is now a distant memory thank goodness.

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
Yes, I was much confuddled.

There was nekkid ladies and all popping out at me. :eek: