posting new threads

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
I can't do what the heading states - except in this forum.

Guess I'll just keep quiet about KB then.

And now I'm being told that my answer to the random question was wrong so my submission can't go through!

Bruce Monteath was the captain of our last premiership team.

Repeat: Bruce Monteath, Bruce Monteath, Bruce Monteath!

Capital of Tasmania? Wait until ask Vines . . . Hobart.

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
Your message needed moderation. With your post count, that would be too much work for the mods. Maybe 18,288 is the upper limit!

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Not sure what happened to cause this - did you forget your password?

In any case, the question asked the SURNAME of Richmond's last Premiership captain :D

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I can't do what the heading states - except in this forum.

Guess I'll just keep quiet about KB then.

And now I'm being told that my answer to the random question was wrong so my submission can't go through!

Bruce Monteath was the captain of our last premiership team.

Repeat: Bruce Monteath, Bruce Monteath, Bruce Monteath!

Capital of Tasmania? Wait until ask Vines . . . Hobart.
Everyone south of Tunbridge would say that gimme....

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
Not sure what happened to cause this - did you forget your password?

In any case, the question asked the SURNAME of Richmond's last Premiership captain :D
Doh! ok Monteath. And there is no way I could forget this password.

Anyhow, all fixed.

I changed my server and they finally fixed my email problem (which was it wasn't working) and I notified Y&B of this change.

There was nothing to advise me that I had to verify this email change with Y&B. Y&B sent out an email advising me that verification was required and it went into junk mail!

I only got onto this as Junk Email showed receipt of 1. Damn, I thought, either my creditors have traced me down already or it's that paternity suit thingy (don't ask).

No, it was Y&B advising me to follow a link and verify said change of email addy.

All good.

Did I get get it right, Vines? Hobart, that is.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Well yeah....down there is Hobart.

Beautiful city actually and I love it. Sensational in summer, cold as charity from April onwards. Great bars, MONA, sandstone convict built buildings all over the place, Salamanca, mt Wellington on a good day.
Get down here for a look!

Rumpole

Listed Player
Feb 17, 2010
Well yeah....down there is Hobart.

Beautiful city actually and I love it. Sensational in summer, cold as charity from April onwards. Great bars, MONA, sandstone convict built buildings all over the place, Salamanca, mt Wellington on a good day.
Get down here for a look!
my next (actually first full) family vacation will be to Tassie. saving 6 dollars every time I don't buy a Milkshake.

Ms Tantie

Recruit
Apr 7, 2008
I've loved Tassie whenever I've visited.

Super-friendly people too. I guess I didn't cross paths with [MENTION=5754]Vines[/MENTION] then... ;)

Joshing!
Ms Tantie.
xox

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Oi ms t!!!!! Oh who am I kidding, I could never be angry at you!
Mwah!

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
OK, I have another prob.

Tried to edit my sig today - something I've been doing daily for some time.

Kept getting this error message:

Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.

This is what I was trying to post:

Ron Evans 1946, 48-49. Wore #20. 26 games, 36 goals. Brother of Max Evans.

How that constitutes 4 lines beats me. I shortened the text bit by bit with the same error report.

Eventually I was left with MY AVATAR which has remained unchanged for yonks. Those two words were accepted. I cannot add anything after that.

What is meant by "implicity wrapped" beats me.

Any clues anyone?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I've found the issue [MENTION=5462]Gimme[/MENTION]

In my Admin console, I see the "raw" text of signatures. Yours showed as:

PHP:
[COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][U][B][SIZE=4]MY AVATAR:[/SIZE][/B][/U][/SIZE][SIZE=3] 
Ron Evans 1946, 48-49. Wore #20. 26 games, 36 goals. Brother of Max Evans.
[/SIZE] 
[/FONT] 
[/SIZE] 
[/FONT] 
[/SIZE] 
[/COLOR]
What now appears (after my editing) is:
PHP:
[COLOR=#ff8c00][FONT=Verdana][U][B][SIZE=4]MY AVATAR:[/SIZE][/B][/U][SIZE=3]Ron Evans 1946, 48-49. Wore #20. 26 games, 36 goals. Brother of Max Evans.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
As you change your signature often, you may need me to remove your formatting from time to time to clean things up. You can do so by selecting all the text in your signature editing box and then click on this image in the toolbar: View attachment 9975 (second from the left on the top row). This removes all of the formatting from your signature so you can start afresh.

Using this method is also recommended after pasting articles from other websites.

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
Ah, thank you 1000 times, oh Great One known as Ned. :WeAreNotWorthy:

I readily admit to being an IT dunce of the first order so I do struggle at times to comprehend the finer points of computerisation.

What I regularly do is click down at the bottom of edit box and then backspace until I reach the text. Otherwise the signature space keeps expanding.

But I see the little avatar of which you mentioned so will use it from now on.

Again, thanks for your patience.