AFL Men Prelim Final Richmond vs Geelong

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Congratulations to Dion Prestia - 2019 Jack Dyer Medal winner

Who were the 3 best Tigers tonight?

• Houli

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Martin

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Vlastuin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prestia

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Lynch

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Lambert

• Soldo

• Grimes

• Astbury

• Edwards

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I hate these bastards with a passion, please please Tigers flog the absolute shit out of them

Do we go in with 2 rucks vs them?

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Think of it as an opportunity to avenge 1995 at Waverley. A 14 goal win will do.
By my reckoning , when we kicked their arse in the 2017 final we avenged that loss , along with about 25 years worth of other losses to them.

Besides , their '95 Prelim victory hardly avenged their combination of losses to us in the '67 GF and the 1980 Semi.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Charge Laid:
Tom Hawkins, Geelong Cats
, has been charged with Striking Will Schofield, West Coast Eagles, during the third quarter of the Semi Final match between the Geelong Cats and the West Coast Eagles, played at the MCG on Friday September 13.

In summary he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction.

Reactions: Vosstiger

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
By my reckoning , when we kicked their arse in the 2017 final we avenged that loss , along with about 25 years worth of other losses to them.

Besides , their '95 Prelim victory hardly avenged their combination of losses to us in the '67 GF and the 1980 Semi.
You avenge too easily. An 8-goal win in a QF is not 14 goals in a prelim. I want more. (Like crushing a side in a GF, the team falling apart and their pyker of a coach eventually resigning.)

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
You avenge too easily. An 8-goal win in a QF is not 14 goals in a prelim. I want more. (Like crushing a side in a GF, the team falling apart and their pyker of a coach eventually resigning.)
Captain resigned too. Appears to me Pyke resigned to avoid a player exodus.

I thought the Eagles looked a bit off most of the game against Geelong, and neither team played that well. If Geelong bring that form Friday night we should have an easy win.

Reactions: Vosstiger and Bones

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Have been looking at the AFL Member website in preparation for tomorrow morning. Please be aware that there are no guest passes available at either Preliminary Final for AFL members.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Have been looking at the AFL Member website in preparation for tomorrow morning. Please be aware that there are no guest passes available at either Preliminary Final for AFL members.
That is unless you give Craig Hutchison a call , coz he's got a truckload of 'em !

Once a worm , always a worm.

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
the 1980 Semi.
I still remember the 1980s finals especially for what happened to the cats that year. Most people think of Hungry's 7 goals and the massacre of the wobblers. But my best mate at the time was a GEE-long supporter and 1980 wrecked him. Became a born again later, just like GA.

Reactions: Black and Vosstiger

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Oh but I didn't say we were through with them.

Truth is I didn't care who won on Friday night coz I reckon we're better than both West Coast and Geelong , but if I had to choose then it would've been Geelong.

Not coz they'll be an easier opponent than West Coast , but because for me , the satisfaction levels after beating Geelong and their whingeing , whiny bitch of a coach in a Prelim will be so much more than if it were West Coast.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
I still remember the 1980s finals especially for what happened to the cats that year. Most people think of Hungry's 7 goals and the massacre of the wobblers. But my best mate at the time was a GEE-long supporter and 1980 wrecked him. Became a born again later, just like GA.
Just a lazy 8 goals from half forward for KB that day lol.

As for the Crows , well I posted on here early in 2018 that we broke them.

I suspected they needed a shrink when it emerged they had the Tiger theme song playing 24/7 during their pre season camp.

And that was confirmed when Tex Walker stated on national TV that they'd set themselves all pre season for the round 2 clash against us and that it was the best victory he'd ever had in his career , along with the win they had straight after Phil Walsh died.

WTF ?? It was Round 2 ffs ! We barely gave a shit coz we were still partying !

And I'm still trying to find out which company ran that camp , coz it sounds like a dream camp to me.

Kicking back doin sweet f**k all , just listening to and singing along with the Tiger theme song all day and night....blindfolded of course !

Reactions: Broadsword

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Not loving Ticketek after queuing for 10 minutes (and I was on well before 9), missed out on M but got my tickets in P4. I'll be wet if it rains - ah well!

Reactions: Crusher

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
Logged in before 9, waited 30mins got M1.
It is a strange system of allocation.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Not loving Ticketek after queuing for 10 minutes (and I was on well before 9), missed out on M but got my tickets in P4. I'll be wet if it rains - ah well!
Logged in before 9, waited 30mins got M1.
It is a strange system of allocation.
Good to see that you both got tickets to the game. I also managed to get a ticket

Reactions: Jools and Crusher

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Captain resigned too. Appears to me Pyke resigned to avoid a player exodus.

I thought the Eagles looked a bit off most of the game against Geelong, and neither team played that well. If Geelong bring that form Friday night we should have an easy win.

Correct there was as many as 10 senior players rumoured to want out
So the board made the changes
Out Pyke and taking Captaincy off Walker

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Disappointed Hawkins isn't playing , but I'm sure Astbury can find another opponent to towel up.

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Age headline says "Blow to cats". I thought it was "low blow by cat", but perhaps I'm being old fashioned.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Should got extra week for his story on how it happened :D

Claims it happened coz Schofield held his arm tight and he yanked it out with force

Wouldn’t it go the other way then and not a fist to the face :p