AFL Men QF 2 - Brisbane (2nd) v Richmond (3rd) GABBA 7th Sept 7.25pm

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women AFL Men
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges) Seven
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights) Selections
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels) Available
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Who were the best 3 Tigers tonight? You can pick 3 players

• Martin

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Cotchin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edwards

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Prestia

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Grimes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Caddy

• Soldo

• Rioli

• Bolton

• Lynch

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Both teams won 16 games for the season, equal with Geelong.

Tigers and Lions both dominated the comp after the bye.

How we win?
- Maintain pressure at the post-clearance possession so our defenders can intercept mark. Vlastuin, Grimes and Baker had huge games last weekend while Broad engaged Hipwood and Astbury flogged McStay.
- Kick straight, especially early. Scoreboard pressure.
- Dustin Martin

No change for mine although Bolton has been very quiet lately. He has x-factor though and his speed and skills could be important.

Reactions: Broadsword

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Now there looks to be no Nankervis my only change would be Bolton out for McIntosh, its one of their key areas around the wings and i dont mind Caddy and McIntosh taking that aspect of their game out.
McIntosh could go wing and Caddy to HF playing defensive role on Rich to stop his run.

The big plus here is we just beat them so our confidence should be up plus Cotchin and Grimes will be better again this week.

Reactions: Broadsword

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
What's the money on both Nank and Soldo being selected? Nank's leadership in the last qtr of the VFL QF might be just what the 1s need.
Nank was meant to play limited mins but ended up saying he was fine and played 70-80 mins along with match winning goal

They said after games it’s the next 2 days he gets really sore so it’s wait and see how he pulls up

He pulls up fine I think he’s put in the effort to play backup and forward to Soldo if he doesn’t I think Chol will come in as Balta didn’t play vfl due to bad corky from afl week before and was in danger of being dropped anyway

Reactions: Bones

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
And... Nank has pulled up OK
So far :D

But I doubt he’d tell them anything different as he wants to play, he will have some training tues and a big session thurs and see how he pulls up or if he can get through

Hardwick was asked about Pickett and it sounds like he’s really no chance to play AFL this season

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Besides the expected , standard weekly reaming by the umps , with some extra mayo on top thanks those whining , whinging little bitches up north who threw all their toys out the cot when their golden boy copped a fair and comprehensive pantsing by Grimesy , my only concern is how we handle the heat and the slippery ball.

Yes , I know we're a good wet weather team , but it's a different type of slippery ball in those humid conditions. It can be like a piece of soap and they're used to it , whereas we're not.

Still confident we'll win tho.

tommy_g

Rookie
Jun 12, 2012
I think Brisbane played really well in round 23 and still lost by 5 goals. I think limiting Zorko's influence is crucial.. Without having a go at Neale, his 51 touches weren't that damaging, its probably why we didn't send anyone to him..
Grimes v Cameron is probably the biggest battle.. When Cameron plays well it lifts his whole team, but being a forward it is much easier to control his influence.

Tigers by 21

Reactions: Vosstiger

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I think Brisbane played really well in round 23 and still lost by 5 goals. I think limiting Zorko's influence is crucial.. Without having a go at Neale, his 51 touches weren't that damaging, its probably why we didn't send anyone to him..
Grimes v Cameron is probably the biggest battle.. When Cameron plays well it lifts his whole team, but being a forward it is much easier to control his influence.

Tigers by 21
They're a one goal better team at home...

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I think we are in Camerons head already, complaining to the umps department to try get frees ??? yet every photo shows him holding Grimes jumper ha ha
Says he will exploit Grimes this week with pace, yes you are very quick Charlie but so to is Grimes so good luck with that because if that ball isnt on your chest you are going to be outmarked or spoiled or cleaned up.

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
He was the one who refused to pay us a free a couple of matches ago.......

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
One change for the final at the Gabba

Out - Balta
In - Nankervis
You wanna know where it's at ?....Then you talk to me.

Just a quick call to the MC was all it took.

They actually hadn't finalised the team when I called them , so I do appreciate the fact that they fast-tracked the process for me when I told them my phone was low on credit.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
You wanna know where it's at ?....Then you talk to me.

Just a quick call to the MC was all it took.

They actually hadn't finalised the team when I called them , so I do appreciate the fact that they fast-tracked the process for me when I told them my phone was low on credit.
How is the Nokia by the way?

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Uncharted waters and a risky move by the MC playing both ruckmen. Can our pressure game function with 2 lumbering ruckmen.

Soldo will have to play ruck where he is most effective, how we use Nank to best effect I'm looking forward to seeing.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
The biggest concern with the 2 rucks is its meant to be a warm day and they are saying it will be humid come night time and the ball will be slippery so are we going too tall ?

Will there be a late change with a debuting Pickett coming in ?

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
I cant see us going with 2 big lumbering ruckmen at night in humid conditions.
Martin & McInerney are more mobile type ruckmen.
Balta or Chol would be better suited as the backup, it just depends if Nankervis is right for 70% game time.
We can lose this at the selection table.

Last edited:

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Good news is Lynch goes ok in the wet for a big man and he would be used to the humid conditions up there
Big night coming for Lynchy

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
The ball carries further than you would expect as Jack found out a couple of years ago up North Q against the Suns.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Nankervis had to come in and Soldo's form is way better than Balta's and better than Chol's , so the decision was a no-brainer.

Where you guys see it as two lumbering ruckmen , I see it as a potent weapon.

Reactions: Vosstiger