What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Crows here
  • AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 13. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 11. View the stats totals here.

Sorry for the formatting - I'm working with the developer to fix this :(

AFL Men Round 10 Dreamtime at the G

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
Cut to the chase , Essendon are having an up and down season but they do seem to rise to an occasion ie (ANZAC Day)

We have stabilised and chalked up some nice wins but the outright strength of them is under question.

Now after one good game Soldo has to have a weeks rest.

What will Essendon do in response to our ruck dilemma ?

Will they have a go to move , will Bellchambers try to take the ball out of the ruck ?

Can we curb the influence of Saad ?

Is Rioli right to come back in ?

Will Butler get back in ?

Who will get the nod to replace Soldo out of Chol & CCJ ?

Will Dusty's new found form inject the opposition with fear ?

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I think we will go with speed and not bring a ruck in, rely on Balta and maybe Broad.

Changes for me will be

Out: Castagna, Soldo
In: Rioli, Butler

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
Im not sure ccj is ready for senior Afl yet ,but if he comes in,l just want him to at least be competitive.
Bombers are going to be a lot harder than the Hawks ,so a bit more experience is needed.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
It’s probably going to be wet so that may play into going small and use Balta and Broad

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
CCJ should def come in the bombers have Bellchambers and will prob use Clarke as well to test our height when one rests forward
Balta can’t handle them so need someone in big enough to contest with Balta chopping out

I think Bolton will stay in just purely because it’s indigenous round otherwise he’d have been out for Butler who will be unlucky and miss out

Ins - Rioli, CCJ, Naish

Outs - Menadue, Soldo, Castagna

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Not good news. Lambert has probably been our most consistent mid

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
doesn't read well for Chol with CCJ getting the nod

I have paid a little more attention to Bellchambers over the years because I think knew his father
was going around in their reserves at the time of the Madden bros , wasn't going to get a look in so went bush

Bellchambers current , while not a star, has been a good foot solider for them and is strong bodied and experienced
I'm not so worried about CCJ at the centre bounces but more the ball ups and throw in and Bellchanbers getting separation on CCJ around the ground and being a marking target around the ground

Hopefully adrenalin kicks in for CCJ and he can half the rucking battle (or close to it) and we win the game else where

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Did anyone else see dimma ripping Stack at training? Was it for showing up late or believing his own press?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Voting breakdown:
Bachar Houli (Richmond) – 8 votes (3,3,2)
Dustin Martin (Richmond) – 6 votes (3,2,1)
David Astbury (Richmond) – 2 votes (2)
Dyson Heppell (Essendon) – 1 vote (1)
Darcy Parish (Essendon) – 1 vote (1)

Judges Voting (in order of their 3, 2, 1 votes):

Gilbert McAdam - Channel 7 (Chairman): Dustin Martin (Richmond), Bachar Houli (Richmond), Dyson Heppell (Essendon)

Darryl White – National Indigenous Radio Service: Bachar Houli (Richmond), David Astbury (Richmond), Dustin Martin (Richmond)

Caroline Wilson – The Age: Bachar Houli (Richmond), Dustin Martin (Richmond), Darcy Parish (Essendon)

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Great effort best for mine Houli, Baker, Martin, Balta, Grimes, Astbury, Ellis, Edwards

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Cal Twomey is obviously coming from a long way back being a bomber fan, but his match report on AFL.com.au was awful.

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
Last quarter was a real worry, but its great to have Dusty back in some form, Houli back to his best and so many first year players looking dangerous. Lynch only getting a corky was a welcome change of luck -- touch wood.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
doesn't read well for Chol with CCJ getting the nod

I have paid a little more attention to Bellchambers over the years because I think knew his father
was going around in their reserves at the time of the Madden bros , wasn't going to get a look in so went bush

Bellchambers current , while not a star, has been a good foot solider for them and is strong bodied and experienced
I'm not so worried about CCJ at the centre bounces but more the ball ups and throw in and Bellchanbers getting separation on CCJ around the ground and being a marking target around the ground

Hopefully adrenalin kicks in for CCJ and he can half the rucking battle (or close to it) and we win the game else where
Chol was the no 1 ruck in the seconds for the first time (that I can recall) and responded beautifully with a great game by all reports. Maybe Chol just needed to be assigned some harder tasks.