What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Crows here
  • AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 13. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 11. View the stats totals here.

Sorry for the formatting - I'm working with the developer to fix this :(

AFL Men Round 12 Geelong vs Richmond

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Disappointing last week, seems we have lost our pressure game and need to get that spark again in these last 2 games before the bye so we don’t slip too far behind the top 4-5 and drift back to the middle rung teams.

Time for the MC to start dropping the blokes not performing like Bolton, Broad, Higgins
Also although kicking 2 easy goals Butler did nothing on returning also

My outs - Bolton, Astbury, Ellis, Butler

Ins - Graham, Naish, Townsend, Weller

B- Grimes - Garthwaite - Vlastuin
HB- Houli - Balta - Stack
C- Graham - Cotchin - Edwards
HF- Weller - Lynch - Baker
F- Castagna - Townsend - Caddy
R- Soldo - Martin - Prestia
INT- McIntosh - Broad - Naish - Higgins

Lambert still out with Achilles
Rioli not good enough in VFL

Now with Astbury and Ellis Out I’d bring back in Broad and Higgins

Balta to go to CHB and Lynch to CHF as they will team him at FF so will be no use anyway and I’d have Caddy and Townsend playing alongside each other at FF with Castagna lurking and try throw cats off that way

It’s all gonna come onto our onballers we must keep pressure on and win the ball and move fast or we will cop a hiding here

Last edited:

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I'll be disappointed if we get smashed in contested ball this week....

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
That’s where it would be good to bring in Graham and Townsend to negate the cats onballers and be hard at the 50/50’s

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Tough for changes as nobody really stood up In The VFL and nobody to come back from injury

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Tough for changes as nobody really stood up In The VFL and nobody to come back from injury
Think Naish with 28 and 2 goals did well yet again and Graham with 24 and 10 tackles can both hold their heads high and push hard for selection

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
We definitely need Graham's big body in the midfield this week. Not sure Geelong is the best opponent for Naish to debut.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
We definitely need Graham's big body in the midfield this week. Not sure Geelong is the best opponent for Naish to debut.
What’s it matter if he debuts and doesn’t have a great game as Higgins, Butler, Rioli are doing nothing, Castagna is just barely going and Baker has passed them all in an instant so let Naish have a crack and play Wing - HF and see what he can do

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Higgins should be a omitted this week, he's had enough games in the seniors to turn his form around.

I know they promised Garthwaite games to give him a chance to cement his place, but I don't think we can risk such a poor performance as he displayed against North in defence against the Cats. Therefore Broad stays in, Garthwaite out for mine.

Butler should be given more games, he's a premiership player with good upside. Rioli should come in, we need to get the Rioli. Castagna, Butler combination working. Lynch needs to get some lessons from JR on how to bring them into the game.

Weller no thanks. Bring Graham in.

We lack mid field strength, need to address the ease with which opposition teams are winning the ball here and around the ground at stoppages and in the air. Lynch, Caddy, Astbury and Broad all need big improvements in aerial contests when they're out positioned.

I'm looking forward to see how our coaching dept, and players respond, with the best team at the G against the best team in the comp currently.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Astbury and Ellis are out injured
Does this mean Miller May debut to go down back or Balta will go back and Jones or Chol come in to play forward

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Naish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on down SoC

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
not feeling good about this one

timing is everything , if we were playing Carlton or the Gold Coast not so bad but Geelong

geez give us a break

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Ins - Graham, Rioli, Townsend and Naishhhhhhhhhhhh

Outs - Astbury, Ellis, Broad and Bolton

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Your Naish campaign has paid off TH.

Interesting that Higgins keeps his spot, he must be doing something under the radar cos to me he's looked highly ineffectual for many weeks.

I am surprised Broad has been omitted, especially given Astbury's unavailability.

The ins are all good, though Naish is speculative. I don't think he's ready for seniors yet, hopefully it doesn't set him back coming in against Geelong, maybe it will catapult him.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Your Naish campaign has paid off TH.

Interesting that Higgins keeps his spot, he must be doing something under the radar cos to me he's looked highly ineffectual for many weeks.

I am surprised Broad has been omitted, especially given Astbury's unavailability.

The ins are all good, though Naish is speculative. I don't think he's ready for seniors yet, hopefully it doesn't set him back coming in against Geelong, maybe it will catapult him.

Broad has been very bad for a few weeks now but I thought he would get to stay due to Astbury going out but he hasn’t been good so they’ve dropped him

Higgins I’m not sure how he hasn’t been dropped, it must be his jokes to keep the team united why he stays in but I think he’d develop more with some time in vfl

Naish has been killing it in vfl every single week, he had to debut and when we debut these guys the team does lift and play the style we love so hopefully same happens here

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
Day of the week ending in -y kind of comment Vines. Lift, man, lift.

"I'll be disappointed if we don't smash them in contested ball this week...."

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Day of the week ending in -y kind of comment Vines. Lift, man, lift.

"I'll be disappointed if we don't smash them in contested ball this week...."
Fair call mate.

Naish first game.
Towner and Jack G first games in ages.
Rioli has been really subdued this year.

I’m excited to see Naish.

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
"
Naish has been killing it in vfl every single week"

watching last weeks VFL game streamed
Naish again got nice stats
but when you watch any game pure stats don't tell the full story
Graham , Rioli and Townsend had a presence and poise
If you didn't know names and were asked to nominate next line for an AFL game
I'd dare say most people would have nominated the experienced three before Naish
Dont get me wrong Naish was exciting to see and knowing he is yet another emerging talent the warm fuzzy feelings continue
and Turner is not too far behind Naish , he shows something but doesn't look AFL ready

They , the match committee, fast tracked Stack into the top side
can we call them mugs for that ?
he should have started in the AFL :)

Baker last year , leap frogged Bolton (and Miles & Lloyd) for AFL opportunities , this year we can see why

My gut feel is we'll see some promise in Naish but not unlike CCJ the other week
it will be a little soon for him to really shine but hopefully put the fire in his belly

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
No late changes to either side.

Apr 8, 2010
In 2017 and 2018 Dimma talked a lot about how we hunted the ball and our opposition. Haven’t heard it at all this year.

I really feel tonight we need to re-find that hunger. Riewoldt talked about Intent on 360 a week ago. It’s the same thing. The ins of Townsend Graham and Rioli have it in spades.

We may not have all the stars tonight but I want to see that Hunt from everyone. If we bring it we can re-ignite memories of that ‘17 semi.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Pressure is now down.
How the **** did Nick Vlastuin not get a free on the wing??? What the ****?

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Butler is not a very good player
Only thing he has is pace to swoop onto a ball going into goal
Liability

Delist

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
Hearing that Broad was dropped for disciplinary issues. Out on the grog. Anyway, we are a shadow of our former selves with this side in. We just have to scratch & fight our way to about 9-7 and welcome back our core. Last 6 at the G, hope we can come home with a wet sail, although top 4 is almost certainly gone.