What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Crows here
  • AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 13. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 11. View the stats totals here.

Sorry for the formatting - I'm working with the developer to fix this :(

AFL Men Round 13 vs Adelaide

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Not performing lately so have to keep changing things up, reward guys playing well vfl and drop guys who are not

Ins -
Bolton - kills them vfl just doesn’t bring it afl
But gets another shot after 25 and 11 tackles

Turner - been playing well most weeks in vfl

Ellis and Broad In

Chol - we need to give Lynch chop out in forward line so Chol to come in do that and duck the forward line Leaving Balta to go back to help Garthwaite and Broad or to play talk around the middle

Outs - Townsend ( unlucky as was playing midfield all year and bought in for only afl game and made to play forward ???

Baker, Castagna, Butler, Higgins

Yep lot of smalls there but it won’t matter if out as they are doing nothing anyway so need a foot in the arse big time

B- Grimes - Garthwaite - Vlastuin
HB- Houli - Balta - Broad
C- Edwards - Cotchin - Ellis
HF- Rioli - Chol - Naish
F- Caddy - Lynch - Bolton
R- Soldo - Martin - Prestia
INT- McIntosh - Turner - Graham - Stack

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
The last time Choll played was the final round of 2016. we know how that ended.

With him and Lynch in our forward line, add Bolton to the mix we risk a substantial drop in forward defensive pressure and a major scoreline blow out.

Add Garthwaite and Soldo and the team is looking very vulnerable with too many weaknesses Adelaide can exploit.

I doubt our MC will be so cavalier with selections while our season is still on track for finals.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
The last time Choll played was the final round of 2016. we know how that ended.

With him and Lynch in our forward line, add Bolton to the mix we risk a substantial drop in forward defensive pressure and a major scoreline blow out.

Add Garthwaite and Soldo and the team is looking very vulnerable with too many weaknesses Adelaide can exploit.

I doubt our MC will be so cavalier with selections while our season is still on track for finals.
Yeah but the players are not playing, yes we have injuries but so do other clubs, yes we have youngsters playing but so do other clubs, we are playing poorly because a lot of these guys are doing what they are meant to be doing, their skills are also very poor and quite a few have not improved since the premiership year.

Regardless if you keep the same team from last week or played my new line up we are going to be belted in Adelaide as they still hate us from that 2017 granny and want to hurt us and will.

Their onballers want it more than ours and Crouch x 2 and Sloane will carve us up especially since our main 3 struggle to hit targets.

Down forward we are doomed as again as every week they will tag team Lynch making him irrelevant as we give him no one to chop him out leaving us very vulnerable down there because the smalls are doing nothing and become stagnant as I’ve said previously that Baker has gone past them all in blink of an eye yet last couple weeks has been down ( prob because the other teams have worked out now to focus on him as the others aren’t hurting anyone )

Then down forward for them they have too many targets they can go to if one is down they go to next and next whilst we have Lynch and that’s all

There’s a hiding coming unfortunately
We need forward help for Lynch has he can’t perform taking on 2-3 guys
We had 3 more inside 50’s than cats last week yet lost by 11 goals ???
That’s due to poor disposal inside 50 plus targeting our one tall who can’t beat a few blokes at a time as no help is there so it’s also on the MC as they’ve known this week after week
The cats had foot off our throats in last qtr so it was def 100 point flogging.

Apr 8, 2010
Looks like rain in Adelaide which suits us and may not suit their talls. Accurate kicking forward doesn’t matter then. I’d expect Butler out for Bolton and Townsend for Broad which releases Balta forward/ruck. Don’t know if Ellis is fit to play. I’d love to see an upset (played well interstate this year, could be a good omen).

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Not sure Turner is quite ready yet but is the smokey in full development.

Dont agree with Baker. He has been playing well and if there is rain then you cannot drop him. Same with Townsend, if rain then he stays.

Bolton can come back in. It will click for him at AFL level very shortly. Don't mind him yoyoing between AFL and seconds at the moment. He will learn to bring that 25 possession 11 tackle game to the AFL soon enough.

Castagna, Butler and Higgins while not horrendous are not playing anywhere near at their best. If they play then there needs to be a huge lift in effort.

Giving Chol a shot is Ok with me but would do this after the bye and let him consolidate some form as #1 VFL ruck over next couple of weeks

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Baker had 17 touches, 5 tackles and 0.2 v North by the way.

He gets the reprieve now Cotchin is out

Didn’t he play mostly wing that game ?
They’re not good enough numbers for a wingman

He was very good prior to the past 2 weeks
Maybe it has to do with them moving him up the ground more rather than around the forward line

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
It might be a blessing in disguise he’s out coz we are 6-1 without him and 1-4 when he’s played

#Edwardsforcaptainpermanently :p

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
It might be a blessing in disguise he’s out coz we are 6-1 without him and 1-4 when he’s played

#Edwardsforcaptainpermanently :p
Good grief

Actually a bit worried by this recurring injury, given the way he plays. Hopefully he can be around for several years yet.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Good grief

Actually a bit worried by this recurring injury, given the way he plays. Hopefully he can be around for several years yet.
It’s more a worry he was out so long with initial injury which he redid during recovery and we know his kicking has been horrible in 2 games he’s played back so it’s either not right or he’s not comfortable in kicking through ball as per normal
He may need an extended period on sidelines to get it 100% as you don’t want hammy problems especially at his age and it’s now 3 times it’s gone amiss in past 9 games

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
It's almost getting to the laughable stage, although, I am not laughing.

2018 Jack Dyer Medal finishing order .....

Riewoldt X
Lambert X
Martin
Edwards X
Grimes
Rance X
Cotchin X
Vlastuin
Short X
Caddy
Prestia
Astbury X
Nankervis X

That's 8 from the top 13 out this week & likely more after the bye. .
Dusty & Grimes have both missed 1 through suspension.
Vlastuin missed 1 through injury, Caddy missed first 3 games.
From that list, only Prestia has played every game.

Depressing reading my friends.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
I thought it a bit strange seeing Cotchin on TV before his return game after the long hammy lay off saying he just needs to get confidence in his body.

Then I see him selected in the seniors. Surely if a player is coming back from an extended break because of recurring injury, you nuture him through the VFL, like maybe 1/2 a game first up.

Strange move from the normally switched on Richmond rehab dept.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
So who captains the Tiges this game?

Houli is my selection.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
My hat will go off to the boys if they get within 90 points, this isnt going to be good.

Adelaide hate us with a passion since the granny, its over there, someone said it would be wet but its not its 15 and cloudy.

All these outs and Dusty and Vlastuin not at 100%, they've won 2 on the trot and unfortunately we are going to play them right back into form even the tosser Walker will get a kick and kick a bag

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
The boys started well again this week. Hopefully they can keep up the pressure for 4 quarters.

Very good first quarter from Dusty, Stack, Ellis, Vlastuin, Houli, Prestia, and Naish.