What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Giants here
  • Yellow Sash Award Top 5 after Round 16

1. Grimes - 50.10
    2. Prestia - 48.00
    3. Vlastuin - 44.53
    4. Stack - 44.37
    5. Edwards - 42.74

View the full list here

• UPDATED!

AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 17. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 15. View the stats totals here.

VFL Women - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 10. View the stats totals here.

AFL Men Round 15 St Kilda vs Richmond

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
St Kilda coming off a humiliating loss and it's "crunch time" for their coach according to their president.

It's at Docklands and we're expecting a few players back from injury.

Many unknowns this week..........will our returning players be rusty, will the Saints lift under the pressure to perform for their vulnerable coach, will Richmond's young guns like Baker be back to their best after the break.

Chol deserves another game imo, but doubtful with Soldo returning. Will Higgins retain his spot, some interesting selection decisions for this round.

We should win this one easily, but with our record at Docklands this year who knows.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
150 games – Josh Caddy

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Don’t think Chol will stay in but boy are we needing the Cavalry. Expect a few changes this week, hopefully not too many though as we need the right balance and need the win

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Don’t think Chol will stay in but boy are we needing the Cavalry. Expect a few changes this week, hopefully not too many though as we need the right balance and need the win
Not too many ? You will be getting at least 5-6 changes and rightfully so.

Astbury, Cotchin, Edwards, Lambert and Soldo are def ins
Cotchin, Edwards and Lambert have been training the past week and only have to get through the last session without a niggle.

Bolton would be the only one pushing from the VFL with a dominant last game but he doesn’t bring that to AFL so hard to give him a gig and Turner was the other who’s been good but he injured his leg and is gone for awhile.

Short has also been training and will play this week but has been missing 3 months so you’d think would come back through VFL but we have had 3 losses in a row.

Even with Soldo back I’d leave Chol in, Lynch needs another tall to chop him out and when Chol played forward last match Lynch played better due to the defenders had to watch 2 blokes instead of just teaming Lynch who we always kick it to and can’t beat 2-3 guys each time.
Chol showed some very good signs in that game so I’d keep playing him forward until Jack is back in 2-4 weeks.

I’d have in

Astbury, Cotchin, Soldo, Edwards, Lambert

Out

Balta - rarely touched it past 3 games
Butler, Castagna, Higgins, Menadue - all have done nothing

B- Grimes - Garthwaite- Vlastuin
HB- Stack - Astbury - Houli
C- Ellis - Cotchin - Lambert
HF- Naish - Chol - Edwards
F- Caddy - Lynch - Rioli
R- Soldo - Martin - Prestia
INT- McIntosh - Baker - Graham - Broad

Tiges by 46

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Your selections look good TH.

I'd drop Caddy, who has been a liability both offensively and defensively for a few weeks, and keep Butler in for forward pressure, who at least has scored a few goals too. Chol will play the Caddy forward tall role and can assist in ruck.

And drop Garthwaite to play Balta in defence.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Your selections look good TH.

I'd drop Caddy, who has been a liability both offensively and defensively for a few weeks, and keep Butler in for forward pressure, who at least has scored a few goals too. Chol will play the Caddy forward tall role and can assist in ruck.

And drop Garthwaite to play Balta in defence.

I don’t think Caddy is an onballer I think he’s better as a forward and now a few boys are back Caddy can stay forward where he plays best but hed want to start showing something.

I was tossing up between Balta playing FB and Garthwaite but I’d stick with Garthwaite and if beaten this week then bring Balta in for a crack at it.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Have been keen to keep Balta in the top level but now thinking it will do him good to go back to VFL for a couple of weeks.

Same goes for Higgins

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
There are no surprises with ins at all
And the big 5 plus Soldo are in starting lineup so theyd be playing you’d think

I’m a little shocked both Garthwaite and Balta are out, I’d thought one would stay to play FB
Good to see Chol still in for now and hope he plays

honestjohn

Rookie
Nov 25, 2011
There are no surprises with ins at all
And the big 5 plus Soldo are in starting lineup so theyd be playing you’d think

I’m a little shocked both Garthwaite and Balta are out, I’d thought one would stay to play FB
Good to see Chol still in for now and hope he plays
I have only just read this forum today. @TigerHardwick up until this post I thought you must be on the Selection committee :)

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Late outs - Daniel Butler, Connor Menedue, Patrick Naish, Liam Baker (All omitted)

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Naish is the only unlucky one there, the rest have been poor

They said on radio before Jack will be back next week so Chol better play a ripper

Apr 8, 2010
Craig McRae would be excited at what he has got at his disposal today. Almost feel sorry for Sandy.

The additional selections are aggressive (Short, Bolton) and shows the coaches feel we need to take more risks and put our foot down now to have a realistic hope of making the eight given our draw and percentage. We may stumble along the way.

Apr 8, 2010
TH I reckon Dimma would prefer to keep Balta/Chol in his best 22 as that relief ruck for Nank. They are both mobile enough to provide forward pressure. They need to contribute though.

Jack may play a new role roaming between Wing and deep forward and cause havoc without so much pressure. Bolton or even Caddy might actually be under more pressure as that lead up half forward

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
TH I reckon Dimma would prefer to keep Balta/Chol in his best 22 as that relief ruck for Nank. They are both mobile enough to provide forward pressure. They need to contribute though.

Jack may play a new role roaming between Wing and deep forward and cause havoc without so much pressure. Bolton or even Caddy might actually be under more pressure as that lead up half forward
Chol better play a cracker then because Balta is doing nothing in this weather in the vfl right now

Townsend and Higgins have kicked 3 and 2 in the 2nd qtr so far
Looks like huge breeze going one way

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
Gee, we’re miles off the pace in the 1st 15 minutes. Not a single shot at goal.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
First half of the 1st 1/4 we seemed to be minding space, while the Saints were easily creating the loose man. Our forward line was dysfunctional. Bolton needs to learn team first.

Poise started emerging midway through the 1/4. Stack WOW. Lambert playing like he's missed no footy. Choll continuing his good form.

The Saints have come to play, but the Tigers have answered.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Plenty of upside for us in the second half. Chol and Stack keeping us in it. Graham, Edwards, and Prestia need to lift.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Prestia, can’t kick goals at our end, then gifts them a shot at the other.
That sums him up, gets a lot of the footy, overall, does nothing with those possessions.

It was an arm wrestle until Prestia's gift, of a goal plus momentum.

Stack and Choll have really added something to our struggling forward line.

Defensively we're still too loose with our tease distance, but it's tighter than the 1st 1/4.