What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Giants here
  • Yellow Sash Award Top 5 after Round 16

1. Grimes - 50.10
    2. Prestia - 48.00
    3. Vlastuin - 44.53
    4. Stack - 44.37
    5. Edwards - 42.74

View the full list here

• UPDATED!

AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 17. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 15. View the stats totals here.

VFL Women - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 10. View the stats totals here.

AFL Men Round 16 Tigers v Suns

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
This fixture used to give me nightmares. Now I trust my team haha.

At halftime I mentioned that our most out of form players were Rioli, Castagna and Caddy. All three played well in the second half.

Barring injury/soreness I think we would want to go in unchanged to get some continuity into the team.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
50 club games - Dion Prestia

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Thinking we will go with pretty much the same side.

Riewoldt said on AFL360 last night that he was looking at Thursday training session to give 100%. However he thinks that the medical staff will err on the side of caution and keep him out for 1 more week.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I'm making the trip up to the Gold Coast for this one. Anyone else heading to the game?

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Jack wants to play and will train today to prove himself but going by Hardwick its not happening and he will be back next week

Prob stays unchanged unless someone is sore and Weller would be the only one who would come in if any from VFL i think

Watch for Mr Stack to play some midfield this week ( i wouldnt want to be the opposition who gets an awkward bounce from a tapout with Sydney charging at you )

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
This fixture used to give me nightmares. Now I trust my team haha.

At halftime I mentioned that our most out of form players were Rioli, Castagna and Caddy. All three played well in the second half.

Barring injury/soreness I think we would want to go in unchanged to get some continuity into the team.
can you please start putting down players at Qtr time :)

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
Soldo & Chol have a task, Witts got 55 hitouts in their loss to the Swans last week

Miles played well last week and will be busting to do the same again against us

threating to be wet & windy on the GC this weekend
could turn the game into an ugly slog

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Caddy out injured and no Jack but a debut of Eggmolesse Smith

Corey Ellis omitted too unfortunately for him

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
OK so we are set

Need a professional 4 quarter effort here. Need to get set for the next three weeks after this game. Win this and at least two against GWS, Port and Collingwood we will have put ourselves in finals position

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I can't remember the last time that we had 100 points at half time.

We need the % so hope that we keep it going.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I can't remember the last time that we had 100 points at half time.

We need the % so hope that we keep it going.
It was 7 years ago. Against GWS. Sam just told me

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
Anyone in agreeance that it's McIntosh 's turn next to go back to the VFL? He has been shocking today.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone in agreeance that it's McIntosh 's turn next to go back to the VFL? He has been shocking today.
There’s been a few players we’ve said that about - Castagna for example.
Who is the hard running big bodied tall wingman in the VFL to replace him?

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
There’s been a few players we’ve said that about - Castagna for example.
Who is the hard running big bodied tall wingman in the VFL to replace him?
Yes, he's hard running, big bodied but he gives the ball back so regularly.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Bumped into @Rumpole and his daughters after the game. He has moved to Queensland - about an hour away from Metricon Stadium. They received a signed footy from Dion Prestia which made their day!

Was great to catch up to him after all these years.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Yes and has been a few weeks

Caddy and Jack most likely back next week so I’d drop McIntosh and Chol

Baker was best in vfl but we got belted

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I rewatched the first quarter again. A few things stand out:
Never seen so many smothers!!! Elite pressure
Astbury looks as nimble as he’s been in the last 24 months.
Ellis was carrying on a bit at his teammates which I haven’t seen before. Gave grimes two sprays in the first quarter and his sooky la la body language before castagna’s second goal looked really bad. Will be watching him closely for the rest of the replay as I didn’t see that yesterday live.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
I rewatched the first quarter again. A few things stand out:
Never seen so many smothers!!! Elite pressure
Astbury looks as nimble as he’s been in the last 24 months.
Ellis was carrying on a bit at his teammates which I haven’t seen before. Gave grimes two sprays in the first quarter and his sooky la la body language before castagna’s second goal looked really bad. Will be watching him closely for the rest of the replay as I didn’t see that yesterday live.
Brandon wants the ball more often so he can increase the potential $ in his next contract, which ever club that will be with.