VFL Men Round 19 Richmond v. Northern Blues

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
MCG Sunday 11/8/2019

This is the curtain raiser for the AFL match.

Richmond

B: 43. D. Eggmolesse-Smith, 42. R. Garthwaite, 33. K. Mcintosh
HB: 45. P. Naish, 38. N. Balta, 44. S. Stack
C: 37. C. Menadue, 27. J. Ross, 50. M. Pickett
HF: 39. J. Aarts, 46. B. Miller, 21. J. Townsend
F: 36. C. Moore, 31. O. Markov, 28. F. Turner
R: 40. C. Coleman-Jones, 26. R. Collier-Dawkins, 32. L. English
Int: 54. J. Ballard, 53. H. Beasley, 7. D. Butler, 78. D. Coffield, 56. B. Grewar,
58. C. Harris, 51. S. Morris, 64. T. Silvestro, 55. L. Street, 60. C. Thompson, 16. M. Weller
23P: 71. N. Baltas

In: T. Silvestro, D. Butler, C. Thompson, C. Moore, L. Street, L. Diggins,
S. Stack, C. Harris, J. Townsend, N. Baltas
Out: B. Henderson, T. Nankervis

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Kamdyn being held back. The other 3 AFL emergencies are playing.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Richmond leading the Blues at quarter time. Just started to rain heavily.

Richmond 7.3.45
Blues 1.2.8

Townsend, Aarts, Naish, Pickett, and Balta amongst the action. Soldo being out muscled by Lobbe.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Half time

Richmond 11.7.73
Blues 3.5.23

Back line looked a little better in the second half of that quarter. Soldo unlucky to hot the flag at the back of the post for a behind instead of a goal.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Final score
Richmond 19.14.128
Blues 12.12.84

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
I thought Townsend was bog,he was really good he played above the level,Aarts was good also.

Good to see Miller getting involved more ,he was good up till half time.Balta did some really nice stuff,but really needs to work on his finishing.
Butler was ok,but l realize his problem is he's to unselfish ,he takes that extra second to look around and try and pass it off,instead of going for goal,,KB should talk with him .
Dawkins was alright,he just needs to work on his repeat running .Soldo was solid l think he can be a decent ruck in the Afl ,and he will learn a lot from this year.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Soldo was solid l think he can be a decent ruck in the Afl ,and he will learn a lot from this year.
Wouldn't be surprised if there's interest in Soldo from a couple of other clubs.

No research done here , so off the top...

One that immediately springs to mind is the club that , as was nicely pointed out by Ross Lyon this week , hasn't won a final for 15 years and currently has an average , often injured ruckman , along with a truly woeful ruckman as his backup.

Melbourne have Gawn , but Preuss is the back up...and he's awful !

Collingwood will be looking when Grundy goes to the Crows next year.

At North , Goldy is 100 years old.

Bulldogs don't have much in the ruck stocks besides the kid.

Carlton ? Kreuzer and...?

And how could I forget The Gold Coast Bums ! They just don't have anyone full stop. Soldo would be their captain !

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Hopefully Ivan Junior stays and develops with us but can see your logic @Black
Yeh I like him. I reckon he can play a bit and will get better.

Thing is , although Nank looks 30 , he's still really young in terms of ruckmen. And Chol is right in the frame now too so...?

I do wonder about Nank's shelf life tho ? I mean , the man's a workhorse of the highest order and he shirks no contest.

He competes hard in the air , including sitting in the hole several times per game. He scraps like a mangy dog when the ball's on the ground in his area , and competes like a trojan in ruck contests against bigger , taller opponents most weeks.

I doubt that's sustainable beyond a few more years to be honest.

Reactions: Vosstiger

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I agree mate Nank takes a lot of hits and I reckon 27 or 2& probably stops him but that still is a few years away