AFL Men Round 20 Melbourne v Richmond

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Surely we can take care of this mob. I mean they're 17th on the ladder!

The MCC are only expecting a crowd of 43,000. Car parks are closed again.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I should hope so! It was hard to watch Melbourne's game last week - they looked very second rate. No doubt they'll lift for our match, so we'll have to approach it as if we were playing a top 4 side.

Milestone: 150 games - Tom Lynch

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Just have to turn up and continue our manic form. We will be too good for them if we do.

Reactions: Coach

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Percentage will be important.

Win well and DO NOT relax at the end of games and allow them to kick multiple goals.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
In: Butler, Caddy
Out: Cotchin (injured), Stack (injured).

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Good to see Butler back I think people discard players too quickly

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
Percentage will be important.

Win well and DO NOT relax at the end of games and allow them to kick multiple goals.
We need to make up 7% = 100pts or so = a serious thumping or two (Melbourne, Car'ton). Hard to make up % at the end of the year. But could take us to 2nd.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
My little man will be there on Saturday night, with mum. He’s excited. He loves Josh Caddy.

Reactions: Vosstiger

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Good to see Butler back I think people discard players too quickly
Butler needs to step up and be more consistent now that competition for his spot is so intense.

Hopefully we see Rioli like pressure from him with a good amount of effective offensive play too.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Butler needs to step up and be more consistent now that competition for his spot is so intense.

Hopefully we see Rioli like pressure from him with a good amount of effective offensive play too.
He hasn’t had full movement since that ankle and it’s taken along time. Before that he finished top ten in the B&F and in front of the other amigos.

That’s why I say people are too quick to write players off.

I do agree he needs a good final part of the season though

Reactions: amigo

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
It prob has alot to do with our talent coming through

Butler, McIntosh, Rioli, Broad, Castagna, Caddy im sure there is more they have all dropped off big time from 2017 and 2018 form at times and get passed and have to work their arses off to get back in

So you have them not playing their roles like they used to and the past 2 years they would still keep their spots but now we have the likes of Bolton, Baker, Ellis ( who has lifted ) Naish, Chol, Ross all lifting their games and pushing to get in making it not as easy for these guys under performing so they have to go back and lift their games and disposal to try get back in.
Its one of the reasons we are playing so well at the minute.
Earlier in the year with all the injuries the guys above didnt lift but now most guys are back they are or will and its only good for the club.

Rioli was no where near it earlier but now getting back to it
Castagna always tries but it wasnt coming off but now is
Broad couldnt hit the great wall of china earlier on but now has lifted the past 3-4 weeks

Butler will get his chance tonight to prove he deserves to stay in
Caddy hopefully succeeds in his new role
McIntosh does negate well but HAS TO learn to get more of it on a wing and actually hit targets or will be replaced with someone who will

It wont be long before Cotchin, Ross and Pickett are also banging on the door to knock blokes out of the 22
Nank isnt guaranteed games because the Soldo/ Chol combo is doing very well

Its a good place our club is at right now, if not performing go back and get it right because we have many waiting to play your role if not

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
Pretty happy with tonight. Despite the 7 clangers, Martin was in every second goal. Loving seeing Graham kicking sausage rolls again. Butler showed enough I think.

5% more to get competitive with Wegles and Lions. Houli, Prestia just keep on having great years. Jack and Rioli looking good for the finals. Bolton (1.4), Shed and Vlaus all looking like they want to be there in September.

Loved the Soldo soccer goal, but Baker may be looking on next week.

Reactions: Vosstiger

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Never thought I'd say these words , coz winter shits me , but...

I hope the rains cometh down in biblical proportions during September !

Good solid win tonite to make it 6 on the trot with an average winning margin of 42 points.

The 'number of quarters won' is a stat that i pay attention to , coz there's not much grey area and I reckon it shows an even performance.

Means you're not relying on having one big qtr in a game to get you over the line too often , coz that's not sustainable.

In our past 6 games we've lost only 5 of 24 quarters played.

That's outstanding !

And this seriously freaky stat does my head in...

A comparison between Richmond's total points 'For & Against ' after Round 20 in both 2017 and 2019.

2017 - Points For = 1649
2019 - Points For = 1649

2017 - Points Against = 1472
2019 - Points Against = 1482

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
It appears that the defensive wingman’s role is to get about 13-14 disposals and bob up for a goal.
Not sure why you'd bother having a defensive anything against Melbourne ? Gawn is the only player worth tagging and he's basically untaggable.

Oh well , at least we didn't tag their full back , like they did to Grimes.

What a dilemma for Goodwin next year when they play against the Tiges.

I mean , who do they tag ? Grimes or Rance ? lol They might have to employ two tags !

Probably need to slap a tag on Nicky Vlaustin and Bachar too ?

Shit , Goody may as well just pick 22 taggers

Reactions: Vosstiger and Vines

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I think the best thing has been our consistency. It’s the thing that excites me about September