AFL Men Round 21 Richmond vs Carlton

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women AFL Men
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges) Seven
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights) Selections
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels) Available
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
We have won 6 in a row now and seem to be going through the motion still during games.
This is a danger game if they get a good start like they have been doing and we are asleep they will jump us so we need to be on.

Its unfortunate for Soldo but i think he goes out for Nankervis
Baker has been down the past couple, he has a different role but still fairly quiet
Butler didnt do anything really with 8 touches and he may have played his last game with us unless injuries happen to the other smalls.

Outs - Soldo, Baker, Butler

Ins - Nankervis, Stack, Naish

B- Vlastuin - Grimes - Short
HB- Broad - Astbury - Houli
C- Ellis - Prestia - Caddy
HF- Rioli - Riewoldt - Edwards
F- Castagna - Lynch - Stack
R- Nankervis - Martin - Lambert
INT- Graham - Naish - Bolton - Chol
EMG- Soldo - Baker - Smith - McIntosh

If Stack isnt right then Baker retains.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
250 Games - Shane Edwards

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Not so sure about Soldo going out. After watching the replay, he did more than I thought when at the ground. Loved the soccer goal, that was quick thinking!

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Chol played most of his games well however, he avoided body contact against Gawn and Preuss at the centre bounces. I don't blame him, but you can't do that at AFL level.

I'd like to see him redeem himself against the bluebaggers as I don't think that we can play Soldo and Nank together.

Apr 8, 2010
My question is will we rest Lynch before finals?

If yes this would probably be the game. Perhaps we swap Lynch for Nank and rotate him and Chol thru forwards/relief ruck for Soldo and see what happens. Stack may get another week off, no risk style.

Blues can match us for a while but not yet 4 quarters. Holding my breath for next weeks match.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
My question is will we rest Lynch before finals?

If yes this would probably be the game. Perhaps we swap Lynch for Nank and rotate him and Chol thru forwards/relief ruck for Soldo and see what happens. Stack may get another week off, no risk style.

Blues can match us for a while but not yet 4 quarters. Holding my breath for next weeks match.
I don’t think he will be rested and won’t need to be he has a bye in 3 weeks plus he’s not too far off a Coleman medal leader and Carlton is his team he Likes to kick a few
He won’t want to miss out

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Ins- Nankervis, McIntosh, Ross, Pickett, Stack

Outs- Butler

Soldi named starting ruck so is playing so Nank in for Chol or not at all

Stack for Butler you’d think

Good to see Pickett is already impressing after 3/4 of vfl
Ross after 1/2

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Why? Head down, work hard. Add more strings to his bow.
I hope he does get back in the team, but if he only gets one week to prove himself and then they drop him, you could see why he might be thinking of looking elsewhere for opportunities. It looks like Stack et al. have gone past him.

Reactions: Vosstiger

Broadsword

Listed Player
Feb 17, 2009
8 possies. The wet made it difficult i guess but in fairness he got his chance because stack was injured. Stack is back now. He's good mates with castagna i hear plus hr already has a premiership under hia belt with the club and could do so again.

Broadsword

Listed Player
Feb 17, 2009
Play him through the middle in the vfl like lloyd and let him rack up tons of possies.

Reactions: Bones

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Play him through the middle in the vfl like lloyd and let him rack up tons of possies.
Yeah, but where is Lloyd now? I suppose that's just life in the AFL but I'm not sure they can reinvent Butler. He strikes me as a low possession, high impact type.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Butlers problem is he doesn’t do too much other than pounce on a ball use his speed to run to goal line and boot a goal or 2
That opportunity doesn’t come and he does nothing

He is way behind in what he offers us now with who’s on our list

He’s way behind

Castagna
Rioli
Stack who can play forward
Baker has passed him as a small forward but now gone back
Bolton plays mainly midfield but is better small forward than him
Higgins is better

Weller is prob on par

And Butler is better than Aarts

So he has 6 blokes better than him at the role, 1 on par

He’s not going to get many opportunities at our club unless their bad injuries to a few
Or he has to pul his finger out his arse work on getting more ball, work on disposing of it properly

He’s 182cm so not that small, with his pace he should really be a good wingman but he’s just poor at accumulating touches and his disposal is not very good

Reactions: amigo

Broadsword

Listed Player
Feb 17, 2009
Cotch in for Baker. Settled team then other than Chol. Could Chol be a premiership player?

TigerTimmy

Rookie
Feb 18, 2014
250 Games - Shane Edwards
So very much looking forward to acknowledging Shed, seeing the team and him play in his 250th on Sunday. Listening to the players in the Clubs 250 video package of him says even more of the quality of the man, his leadership and his football. Trent Cotchin described his hands as the most "creative" in the AFL which endorses thoughts in a previous Y&B thread on "How good's Shane?" (webmasters - tried to find - where?). And laughed at the comment of cameramen having trouble keeping up with him, it has happened! Fast, creative, stylish, silky, smooth and unpredictable. A favourite footballer. Congratulations Shane, thanks for entertaining us with your superb talent and team focus. Much appreciated, have a great day, thanks!

Reactions: Jools and Vosstiger

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
So very much looking forward to acknowledging Shed, seeing the team and him play in his 250th on Sunday. Listening to the players in the Clubs 250 video package of him says even more of the quality of the man, his leadership and his football. Trent Cotchin described his hands as the most "creative" in the AFL which endorses thoughts in a previous Y&B thread on "How good's Shane?" (webmasters - tried to find - where?). And laughed at the comment of cameramen having trouble keeping up with him, it has happened! Fast, creative, stylish, silky, smooth and unpredictable. A favourite footballer. Congratulations Shane, thanks for entertaining us with your superb talent and team focus. Much appreciated, have a great day, thanks!
Do you mean this one https://www.yellowandblack.com.au/tigerland/threads/shane-edwards.10317/ ?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
BREAKING NEWS: Dusty out with soreness, Ross in

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
What year did Shane Edwards kick that unbelievable goal against Brisbane at the Gabba when he danced on the goal line?
Must’ve been a special goal that beat it for GOTY....

Go well Shedda. #250