AFL Men Round 21 Richmond vs Carlton

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Congratulations to Dion Prestia - 2019 Jack Dyer Medal winner

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
A lot to like about that game.

A lot to cringe about that game.

The good news is we have not peaked, still building with a long way to improve to reach winning finals form.

Dusty sorely missed today.

Reactions: Thrasher97

Broadsword

Listed Player
Feb 17, 2009
We looked tired after two wet weather games in a week. We may play well in the wet but it sure sucks the life out of a side. Move on to next week and hopefully some sunshine. The bye before finals will do us good I reckon.

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Go well Shedda. #250
You would never have picked him to be a 250+ player when he first appeared. I remember thinking he looked like he might make it when I saw his first game, but not much more. He really has been remarkable.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I think we are just going through motions past few weeks, it will be different the next 2 against the 2nd and 3rd teams because we drop one and pies win both they leap us
We drop both and gws win both they jump us

We get Cotch and Dusty back next week

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
This is a danger game if they get a good start...
Pfft ! Danger Schmanger ! Carlton and Essendon are our bunnies.

Carlton haven't beaten us since that final , and Essendon haven't beaten us since...since...well I dunno ? I can't remember back that far ?

Think that's 9 in a row now against those cheating , serial tanking , wooden spoon hoarding pricks in navy blue.

And 9 in a row against the perenially overrated , drug cheating hacks in Red and Black.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Yeah I copped a lot of texts saying it was a danger game with Dusty and Cotch out.
So I checked the form and Carlton’s ‘resurgence’ has come against a bunch of teams that are bad or were travelling badly at the time. They lost to Melbourne Ffs so really, how ‘resurgent’ have they really been???
We did exactly what we need to do - with our three best players out - now it’s big boy fortnight.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Yeah I copped a lot of texts saying it was a danger game with Dusty and Cotch out.
The only danger about today's game was the chance of injury to one of our players as they negotiated their way to the ground through the muddy MCG carpark.

It was such a danger game that even with our champion captain out injured , along with the AFL's GOAT full back , we still figured it'd be a good time to give the best player in the comp a day off !

Time to show West Coast who's boss now.

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
The only danger about today's game was the chance of injury to one of our players as they negotiated their way to the ground through the muddy MCG carpark.

It was such a danger game that even with our champion captain out injured , along with the AFL's GOAT full back , we still figured it'd be a good time to give the best player in the comp a day off !

Time to show West Coast who's boss now.
You forget the danger of Prestia getting leather poisoning, of Graham so hot he actually caught fire, of Grimes being so desperate he injured an opposition forward. The MCG could also have flooded. Plenty of danger in the game really.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Toby Nankervis, Richmond, has been charged with Striking Marc Murphy, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round 21 match between Richmond and Carlton, played at the MCG on Sunday August 11.

In summary he can accept a $3000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $5000 sanction as a second offence. The player can accept a $3000 sanction with an early plea.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Lucky a third offence doesn't bring an automatic suspension any more.

Reactions: Vosstiger

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Grimes being so desperate he injured an opposition forward.
How about the two tackles he laid on the same Carlton player in the one play !

That was just brilliant !

Obviously neither was deemed a free kick to Grimes , coz we don't get free kicks.

Even though our pressure has been unmatched in the AFL for three years now , we still sit bottom of the AFL for free kicks received.
And as per usual , the same two teams sit at the top of the free kicks received table - Collingwood and Western Footscray.

It's just rinse and repeat when it comes to umpire bias.

tommy_g

Rookie
Jun 12, 2012
Ordinary game, but we now only play quality opposition for the rest of the year

This will set us up perfectly

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
I had a Carlton mate ask me if umpire no19 was with us for the team song!! :)
He musn't have seen how the umpires continually tried to get Carlton into the game.........

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
I had a Carlton mate ask me if umpire no19 was with us for the team song!! :)
He musn't have seen how the umpires continually tried to get Carlton into the game.........

My response to that would've been swift and brutal Crush.

Something like...

'yeh I dunno mate ? ....but geez Carlton are shit aren't they ?'

My bro texted me during the game , all narky about that 100 meter penalty paid on the back of 2 charities they'd just received 30m out from goal.

I told him that it wasn't a 100 meter penalty , but instead , a well earned 100 meter handicap awarded to Carlton under the 'mercy' rule.