AFL Men Round 22 Richmond v West Coast

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Top 4 spots up for grabs
Our first crack at the reigning premiers this year on our home deck.

Marbs has been quiet the last couple, and Bolton seems to have slowed up a bit (there was even an uncharacteristic fumble in the middle of the ground last week).

Sounds like Martin and Cotchin are both playing - my guess is Ross/Bolton make way. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ross keep his spot though, and how good is this kid gonna be? Missed two months of footy and has a half in the VFL before returning against Cripps and has 21 touches.

Riewoldt and Lynch average 4.1 goals a game together this year. Darling and Kennedy are at 4.8gpg. Huge test for our team defence.

Cant wait!

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Broad has been in some good form of late, only 50 games it's not something that pops into your head at matches.

Think it might only be the one change which probably means Bolton for Dusty I would think

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Thoughts on Baker?
I thought that he had a pretty good game on the weekend.

Some of his stats for Round 21:
Disposals:22
Disposal Efficiency: 73%
Disposal Breakdown: 67% Defence 33% Forward
Contested Possessions: 8
Pressure Acts: 13
Metres Gained: 325.0
Time on Ground: 90:39 (of 121.17)

His season averages:
Disposals: 17.4
Disposal Efficiency: 69%
Disposal Breakdown: 45% Defence 55% Offence (I notice that he has recently had his role changed)
Contested Possessions: 6.8
Pressure Acts: 13
Metres Gained: 250.8

I think that for someone who has played less than 50 games and has had a change in role recently, he is doing well.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I like him. I think that he is fearless and calm. Doesn’t panic and generally one touch. Hence why he works both forward and back and he has a tank. I rate him

Reactions: Broadsword

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Reports other than Cotchin that Nank is fairly sore too and may miss
Might be named but 50/50 if plays Sunday so expect Soldo to be named in squad

Reactions: Vosstiger

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Thoughts on Baker?
I'm a fan Broady , but moreso in his previous role. He doesn't look as comfortable in the new role.

He's excellent overhead for his size , got good courage , and kicks the cover off it.

Unfortunately I'm not sure he'll be at Richmond next year ?

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I'm a fan Broady , but moreso in his previous role. He doesn't look as comfortable in the new role.

He's excellent overhead for his size , got good courage , and kicks the cover off it.

Unfortunately I'm not sure he'll be at Richmond next year ?
Are we trading him?
He only re-signed till 2021 a fortnight ago.....

Apr 8, 2010
Selections this week are strategic and intriguing. Stack, Cotch and Nank would all play if it’s a final.

Not completely surprised about Stack given last week’s form in the wet (assuming it rains again Sunday). Dimma loves Rossy and it was either Stack, Bolton or Rioli for Martin. Ross could be the next Graham this September.

It’s clear we are holding back, backing the kids and saving ourselves for September. If we lose this weekend we learn more about the oppo for the next time and if we win it bolsters our youngsters.

I expect round 23 to be closer to full throttle.

If we end up 5th or 6th it won’t be the end of the world. They’re rolling the dice to prepare, peak at the right time and just beat whoever comes wherever it is.

Exciting.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
I'd prefer to see an in form Stack in our back line instead of Short, who is mostly a receiver. Short and Houli give a lot of offensive run, but do they get the hard ball like Stack does and they don't have his smarts re offensive options. I thought Bolton might have been dropped for his undisciplined double 50m penalty and he wasn't much more effective than Stack last week.

I wonder if Stack is complacent since his contract signing, or is he just fatigued as happens to first year players, hopefully the latter and he returns fired up next week.

I doubt we'll beat the Eagles in dry conditions, their forward line looks too big for our defence. I'm still scarred from our big loss to them last year when we were dominating the comp.

We do have a new structure now, with Lynch and Chol, so maybe we'll give a better account against them.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I doubt we'll beat the Eagles in dry conditions, their forward line looks too big for our defence. I'm still scarred from our big loss to them last year when we were dominating the comp.

We do have a new structure now, with Lynch and Chol, so maybe we'll give a better account against them.

Lucky its going to be wet and windy then

Tiges by 66 ;)

We need to win this, there is no " dont show them our cards yet' , because if we drop a game gws or pies will knock us out of the 4 and next thing you are playing in an elimination game and have an off day like we did last year and its all over so have to finish top 4 to get the double chance just in case.

Reactions: Bones

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
We need to win this, there is no " dont show them our cards yet' , because if we drop a game gws or pies will knock us out of the 4 and next thing you are playing in an elimination game and have an off day like we did last year and its all over so have to finish top 4 to get the double chance just in case.
Absolutely. Its a one week at a time game. C'wood pasted the Crows and we 100% need to put the foot down right now.

Great to see Geelong lose again too. Its really getting interesting.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Lucky its going to be wet and windy then

Tiges by 66 ;)

We also have an unbroken record since 2017 on never losing to a team twice in a row, so wet or dry, we should beat the Eagles if they bring the same tactics that worked for them last time.

Results went against us today, Magpies percentage booster and Brisbane winning. The pressure is on to win both remaining games.

Reactions: Vines and Vosstiger

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
Where is that promised rain? Looks an hour or so away on the radar. Perhaps right on time! :)