AFL Men Round 23 Richmond v Brisbane

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Potentially a huge game or a friendly, depending on if Essendon can roll the Magpies on Friday night.

One change.......hopefully Grimes is ok to play this week.

Out: Ross
In: Cotchin

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Id have 3 or 4 changes here

Ross was poor and probably from being thrown in deep end so early after injury, should have had 2-3 games in VFL first

Chol hasnt done anything past 3-4 weeks

Rioli has been not great all year and last week he was frustrating and to slow to react, would hang onto the ball before a kick for way too long letting McGovern set up every chance he could, need to be much smarter than that and get it in quick.

Baker has been down again a little and his pace worries me against top sides, he hasnt been poor just a little down on earlier form.

Cotchin comes in for Ross
Aarts given his chance over Rioli to show what he can do ( he was the carry over player last week )
Balta in for Chol, he can chip in the ruck and go forward and back if needed to and played well last week.
Naish in for Baker just to give us more run, but doesnt phase me if Baker stays in.

B- Vlastuin - Grimes - Short
HB- Houli - Astbury - Broad
C- Caddy - Prestia - Ellis
HF- Cotchin - Riewoldt - Edwards
F- Castagna - Lynch - Aarts
R- Soldo - Martin - Lambert
INT- Bolton - Balta - Graham - Naish/Baker

I think the main 4 to contain are Neale, Rich, Robinson, Cameron
They are their heartbeat and get them going when they are playing well
Contain 2,3 of them and play our own style and we win easily

Caddy on Robinson
Cotchin id have play HF on Rich
Grimes on Cameron
Happy for Prestia and Lambert to take turns on Neale

Tiges by 38

Apr 8, 2010
I like the idea of trialling Balta before finals though he has been playing in defence in the twos. He would have played if Grimes didn’t come up

It’s harder to tell on Chol up forward given the conditions the past month. He’s probably just as effective as a small forward with tackles and pressure alone

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I like the idea of trialling Balta before finals though he has been playing in defence in the twos. He would have played if Grimes didn’t come up

It’s harder to tell on Chol up forward given the conditions the past month. He’s probably just as effective as a small forward with tackles and pressure alone

He played a fair bit of ruck and forward last week and slotted 2

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
We're going to have to win this. Essendon have a few injuries - Heppell, Stringer, Fantasia, Zac Clarke. They may win, but if they lose they get to play in Melbourne anyway - against Collingwood or us. If they win, the prize is an away elimination final against the Giants. I can't see the Giants losing to Gold Coast and that's the only way Essendon could get higher on the ladder.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Tiges have lost only 7 of their past 32 quarters played.

My unrivalled mathematical skill tells me that we've won 3 of 4 quarters in every game for the past 2 months.

Just gotta keep that up for the next 4 games and Premiership Cup #12 is as good as in the Tiger Trophy Cabinet.

Engraver...you may start engraving !

Piece of cake.

HKTiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Mar 19, 2004
Tiges have lost only 7 of their past 32 quarters played.

My unrivalled mathematical skill tells me that we've won 3 of 4 quarters in every game for the past 2 months.

Just gotta keep that up for the next 4 games and Premiership Cup #12 is as good as in the Tiger Trophy Cabinet.

Engraver...you may start engraving !

Piece of cake.
25 over 32 is better than 3 over 4.

Can only give you a "C+" for Maths.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
I suspect Balta is in also as a backup for Grimes because he can play defence unlike Chol.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Garthwaite replacing Ross as an emergency. Sounds to me like Grimes may not play.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
25 over 32 is better than 3 over 4.

Can only give you a "C+" for Maths.
I shall appeal my C+ in the high court HK and seek A+ compensation.

Shame on everyone who liked your post. Firstly for doubting me , and secondly for handing out likes willy nilly without doing any research.

Of the 32 quarters played , we have won 24 , which is 75% , or for the mathematically challenged who shall remain nameless ( HK Tiger , Jools , TigerHardwick , Vossy , The King...and of course Broady ) is in fact...3/4

FTR - 32 quarters played , Won 24 , lost 7.....DRAWN 1

Last edited:

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Garthwaite replacing Ross as an emergency. Sounds to me like Grimes may not play.

Fitness test in the morning perhaps ?

So we're playing against the top team and we're going into the game missing two of the best defenders in the AFL due to injury.

I'm gonna have to revise my tip.

Tiges by only 4 goals.

I would've said Tiges by 6 goals if the game was being played on our favorite ground ( the Gabba )

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
@Black I bow to your increasingly fantastic mathematical brilliance but with an hysterical laugh that you have drawn me into your ruse well played old chap

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Let’s just bloody win this game and don’t do what increasingly looks like Wet Toast are doing.

Hey @ Black you may get your wish we can beat them first on the G then in the first final up on their digs. That is if Wet Toast continues to lose the match I am watching just now

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
I'd be surprised if Grimes does not play, he only has a rolled ankle that can be strapped, and by all accounts he was moving well in his brief training session on Friday.

I'm gonna have to revise my tip.
Tiges by only 4 goals.
I would've said Tiges by 6 goals if the game was being played on our favorite ground ( the Gabba )
Such foresight........ your tips for round 23 and the Qualifying Final, because if your first tip is correct, we play Brisbane at the Gabba in our 1st final.

Reactions: Black

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
No late changes to either side. Grimes plays.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
What a 1st quarter by the Tiges!

Fast ball movement, no fumbling, and Jack kicks 4!

Have to keep up the pressure as the Lions are renowned for finishing off their games - e.g. all but gone against Geelong and got up by 1 point.

Tiges need to put this game out of their reach as soon as possible.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Tighter quarter - the 2nd. Tigers won it by 1 point, so we absorbed the Lions' pressure well.

Prestia a little quieter that quarter (but not much :) ) with Houli, Short, and Baker (intercept marking!) running out of defence. Rioli's best game for over a month.

We need to keep up the run and quick ball movement.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
We mucked up three gimme goals that quarter and the umps are hot on lynch today.
Defence has been excellent as usual, but it’s been a pretty even effort.
Soldo doing well.

Bolton - not sure he has bought into the unselfish brand we have developed. Getting caught by Hodge that quarter was really poor.

Cotch playing HF.
Houli stood in the hole beautifully that quarter at the top of the square.