AFL Men Round 23 Richmond v Brisbane

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women AFL Men
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges) Seven
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights) Selections
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels) Available
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
That reeked of “I’m not tagging Neale or Zorko because we’ve got the game won and I’m not showing you our cards this week.”
I think Fagan probably tried a few things too.
Foxing.

Broadsword

Listed Player
Feb 17, 2009
I thought we had a chance at the 63 point margin until the umpires stepped in after quarter time to assist the Lions. After that I knew we'd win but the AFL would get the top 2 finish for Brisbane they craved. Drop Bolton please. Two weeks in a row he's indulged himself.Castagna worries me in a big game. So unclean. Balta for Nank. So who comes in for Bolton? Otherwise we played great footy and Cotch got a run out.

Reactions: amigo and herky

herky

Rookie
Aug 25, 2016
How tough is Baker? Absorbed a full tilt shoulder of Zorko, driven 1/2 meter into the mcg turf, copped a thanks for comin' elbow/forearm to the face and looked up and smiled. Think he was wondering " Is that all you've got?"

herky

Rookie
Aug 25, 2016
I thought we had a chance at the 63 point margin until the umpires stepped in after quarter time to assist the Lions. After that I knew we'd win but the AFL would get the top 2 finish for Brisbane they craved. Drop Bolton please. Two weeks in a row he's indulged himself.Castagna worries me in a big game. So unclean. Balta for Nank. So who comes in for Bolton? Otherwise we played great footy and Cotch got a run out.
Pretty blatant (umpires)

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
your tips for the Qualifying Final, because if your first tip is correct, we play Brisbane at the Gabba in our 1st final.
My prediction was 3 points off the mark Amigo. I should've said ..about 4 goals.

So using the available data which shows that today's game was a 40 point win , minus the two goals (at least) that the umps need to be credited with when calculating the final margin , then subtracting a further 2 goals due to the same umpire bias (and then some) for the final at the Gabba...

Tiges by 15 points.

Have you ever seen a team that's up by 4 goals and storming forward in waves , have the ball twice taken from them due to off the ball incidents where the full forward for the attacking team has infringed against on his direct opponent ?

You wouldn't have seen it coz it doesn't happen.

The same umps who managed to turn a blind eye to one of the most blatant blocks on a key forward that I've seen this season.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Of the 32 quarters played , we have won 24 , which is 75% , or for the mathematically challenged who shall remain nameless ( HK Tiger , Jools , TigerHardwick , Vossy , The King...and of course Broady ) is in fact...3/4

FTR - 32 quarters played , Won 24 , lost 7.....DRAWN 1
Point of order, you only said in your original post that we had lost 7 out of 32, you didn't say that we had won 24! You can do anything with statistics ;)

Reactions: Black and HKTiger

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
So what do we do different in the final vs them again

It’s good it’s a night game, so if it is a warm day like they had vs cats it won’t favour them as much now.

Grimes I think purely stayed on Cameron and can be more damaging if he comes off him at times and intercepts, so he can lift.

Obviously must put more work into Neale to not let him get as much ball as he did.

Castagna and Bolton could learn to kick straight.

Lynch had a downer but doubt he will have 2 non impact games.

I’d have no problem bringing in McIntosh to play a negating wing role on Robinson but has to hit targets if he gets it.

I’d keep Soldo in and if Nank can play a full VFL game then he comes in to be back up ruck and play forward which in turn would let Jack roam up higher at times

I’d drop Balta and Bolton and bring in Nank and McIntosh for the return
If Nank isn’t good to go keep Balta unless Chol plays a cracker next week.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
We don't need to do much different to beat them again.

I'd hope Prestia realises he's not Dusty, and don't try threading the needle with a pass centering the ball across half back like he did in the 2nd 1/4. No finessing by anyone in other words when we get a decent lead.

Aarts for Bolton could be worth a try, at least Aarts seems a reliable set shot at goal.

I'd have thought if KMac comes in, it's Caddy to go out since they seem to be filling the same role at present. Doubt that will happen.

It would be great to have Stack back to run with Cameron, that would free Grimes up to play intercept.

Soldo looks to have cemented his place, though he still gets out marked around the ground too often by his opponent.

I'm liking Rioli's form, been building for a while, his pressure is causing opposition panic whenever he's in the vicinity of the ball.

One major area we can improve on is our zoning defence. I'm not sure if it's because we have defenders way behind the play to stop opponents getting out the back, but our zone defence from our forward line to our half back is weak. I watched some of the Hawks game on Saturday and they completely shut down the Eagles keepings off game in perfect conditions. We need to learn the same tactics because that's how opponents like Collingwood and the Eagles beat us and I saw the Lions trying it against us too with some success............their 1st goal for example.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Point of order, you only said in your original post that we had lost 7 out of 32, you didn't say that we had won 24! You can do anything with statistics ;)

If I'd said we'd won 24 of 32 quarters , y'all would've assumed that we'd lost 8 quarters.

So I went the other way and said we'd only lost 7 of 32 quarters. :)

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
One change for the final at the Gabba

Out - Balta
In - Nankervis

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Bloody MSM, doing a job on Grimes and trying to ensure next game Cameron gets an arm chair ride from the umpires.
Roos especially accusing Grimes of illegal tactics.

The biggest danger to the Tigers chances of winning in 2 weeks are the umpires, who could change the rules "interpretation" to suit Cameron. Similar to how they changed the studs up interpretation for us in the Eagles game to try and get them over the line.

Welcome to the dodgy AFL era of weekly rule interpretation changes.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Whereas M Lloyd went the other way and said Grimes flogged Cameron and is the best defender in the game.

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
So what do we do different in the final vs them again

It’s good it’s a night game, so if it is a warm day like they had vs cats it won’t favour them as much now.

Grimes I think purely stayed on Cameron and can be more damaging if he comes off him at times and intercepts, so he can lift.

Obviously must put more work into Neale to not let him get as much ball as he did.

Castagna and Bolton could learn to kick straight.

Lynch had a downer but doubt he will have 2 non impact games.

I’d have no problem bringing in McIntosh to play a negating wing role on Robinson but has to hit targets if he gets it.

I’d keep Soldo in and if Nank can play a full VFL game then he comes in to be back up ruck and play forward which in turn would let Jack roam up higher at times

I’d drop Balta and Bolton and bring in Nank and McIntosh for the return
If Nank isn’t good to go keep Balta unless Chol plays a cracker next week.
till half time their scores had come from our unforced errors and dodgy frees

we played at serious pace and really pushed the attacking envelope , I think we can tidy up a few things

the last two games have been great prep for finals

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
calling all old farts

since the bye when we get our running game going
I've had flash backs to 72-74

its the running in waves like its a rugby back line move

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
since the bye when we get our running game going I've had flash backs to 72-74.
Its the running in waves like its a rugby back line move
Is it really the running in waves ?

Most likely it's the copious amounts of acid you dropped from 72-74 that's causing these flashbacks Chook.

Reactions: Broadsword

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Most likely it's the copious amounts of acid you dropped from 72-74 that's causing these flashbacks Chook.
They used to hand it out in buckets at Hawkwind gigs.

But what I don't want to see is a rerun of 1972. No Southby, no Nicholls, no Walls, no Jezza, no Percy, no Robbo, no glorious runner ups.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
They used to hand it out in buckets at Hawkwind gigs.

But what I don't want to see is a rerun of 1972. No Southby, no Nicholls, no Walls, no Jezza, no Percy, no Robbo, no glorious runner ups.
A bit of Neil Balme action on Lachie Neale's scone wouldn't go astray though hey.

Reactions: Broadsword