AFL Men Round 23 Richmond v Brisbane

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
A little Lawrie Fowler would do it.
It would indeed !

But like Balme and Fowler , we need to ensure that we do it fairly and within the rules so that we don't have anyone on report.

Coz it's possible that one of our players will cop a week if he starts swinging from the fences with haymaykers which are landing flush.

No case to answer for big Balmey though. Lmao !

Reactions: Broadsword

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I think its sounding like Nankervis wont be apart of anything, theyre not even sure if he will play VFL this week and if he does it will be limited time.
You cant take an underdone guy into a finals series, he needs to play a full game in the VFL this week to have any chance of playing seniors and it doesnt look like happening.

So unless a miracle happens this week and he gets himself up to play its going to be Soldo rucking for us throughout the series with Chol, Balta or CC Jones as backup and forward.

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
I think its sounding like Nankervis wont be apart of anything, theyre not even sure if he will play VFL this week and if he does it will be limited time.
Sad for Nank, but a good break for Soldo really. He deserves a chance at a flag.

Anduril

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Site Immortal
Jul 25, 2007
I'm liking Rioli's form, been building for a while, his pressure is causing opposition panic whenever he's in the vicinity of the ball.
Not liking Rioli's form. His poise and run is gone. Too fumbly.

Reactions: Vosstiger

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Not liking Rioli's form. His poise and run is gone. Too fumbly.
and for some bizarre reason he seems to take forever when he has ball in hand to take his kick which lets all the backmen position well and goes against everything we do to move the ball forward.

Last week he marked 40 out and took so long the ump called play on to which they ran at him and he shanked the kick, is he enjoying his face on the tv ???

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
He's been MIA for extended periods during games this year , but we're a better and more potent team with him in it.

In my opinion , similar to Castagna , unless Rioli's form is horrendous and providing he's fit , then he's in.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
and for some bizarre reason he seems to take forever when he has ball in hand to take his kick which lets all the backmen position well and goes against everything we do to move the ball forward.

Last week he marked 40 out and took so long the ump called play on to which they ran at him and he shanked the kick, is he enjoying his face on the tv ???
Good points TH, hopefully it's not about hogging the lime light because he's looked like a dill both times. He assisted Lynch to his only goal by quickly passing the ball to him after marking it, so when he sees an obvious unmarked option he does the right thing.
He's been MIA for extended periods during games this year , but we're a better and more potent team with him in it.
He has been MIA for extended periods, but has a habit of appearing when the game is on the line and lifting the team through his attack on the footy.

I expect to see him play a very active role in us winning finals.