What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Giants here
  • Yellow Sash Award Top 5 after Round 16

1. Grimes - 50.10
    2. Prestia - 48.00
    3. Vlastuin - 44.53
    4. Stack - 44.37
    5. Edwards - 42.74

View the full list here

• UPDATED!

AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 17. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 15. View the stats totals here.

VFL Women - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 10. View the stats totals here.

Round 4 v Williamstown

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Tigers heading to my neck of the woods to play against Williamstown - Sunday May 5 @ 2:00pm.

I’m expecting a good match seeing that it’s 4th (us) v Williamstown in 5th place.

I grew up in Williamstown and barracked for them until they linked with Collingwood a few years back. Now they’re stand alone again so I like to see them do well, but want the Tigers to be more successful. Obviously!

I’ll be there this Sunday - any others venturing to Point Gellibrand to watch the game? If so, perhaps we can organise a meet up. Yellow and Black members used to arrange meet ups before AFL matches - something that I’m keen to restart in the future. For now though - let’s see who is keen to meetup on Sunday.

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
hang onto your wigs , Willi is a very wind swept ground and has always been difficult for the visiting teams

with the likely loss of Bolton or maybe Townsend to the AFL and no player returning it will be tough

I'd try and isolate Mabs deep forward , they would be compelled to put a good tall on him to combat his height then that guy has to deal with him at ground level

Butler had a quiet one last week , will he respond with a bigger performance this week ???

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Quarter time at Williamstown!

Seagulls 0.0.1
Tigers 3.7.25

We had the advantage of the wind that quarter and wasted a lot of chances by having shots from outside 50. Watts, Butler, and Naish scored our goals.

Weller, Naish, Townsend, and Aarts all lively. The game was played mostly in our forward half that quarter due to the wind advantage. Will be good to see how we handle kicking against the wind.

Garthwaite laid 2 crunching takes on the same opponent in the one play. Impressive effort!

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Half time here - lacklustre quarter with each side kicking 1 goal. Chol was out goal kicker that quarter. Should have had another but Marbs ignored a few player in the square, snapped and missed.

Seagulls 1.3.9
Tigers 4.8.32

Garthwaite taken his angry pills I think. Lots of niggle between the teams.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
3 quarter time

Seagulls 1.5.11
Tigers 9.12.66

Goals that quarter to Ballard, Grewer, Butler, Aarts, and Chol.

Weird wind here - the flag shows the wind blowing away from me, but at ground level, it's blowing into my face in the opposite direction! I love it here on Willy ?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Final score

Seagulls 4.10.34
Tigers 12.13.85

Goal that quarter to Aarts, Thompson, and Butler.

Moore finished the game on crutches with ice on his foot.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Can't work out why he didn't come in this week
I've got to admit that I didn't notice him that much - even though he kicked 3 goals and I generally positioned myself around half-forward. I was much more bullish about Garthwaite and Eggmolesse-Smith.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Fair enough but with Rioli going out he was the obvious replacement and has been one of those players that always plays better in the Seniors. I also think Castagna needs a foil.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Fair enough but with Rioli going out he was the obvious replacement and has been one of those players that always plays better in the Seniors. I also think Castagna needs a foil.
Yes - I believe that we have agreed that both George and Butts play better when they're both in the team. I think that the selection panel thought that they needed to bolster our defence against Freo. Perhaps with 2 talls going down back, it may release Stack to the forward line?

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I think they'll move Menadue to the wing and leave Stack at half back. Going to be interesting, I think we have hit the tipping point with injuries. I hope that we win as I think we need to get ahead of the ledger, even with some stars to come back they won't step in without being a little rusty. The defence is constantly revolving and it shows

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
Following on from the win against Willi they now chalked up a big win against last placed Frankston to top the table
That’s a massive season for the VFL given all the changes forced on them by the afl side and it’s injuries and the off season departures of Lloyd miles c Ellis and Stengle , all very good performers last year

They must be a good watch ( game plan , spirit and exciting emerging players) for anyone that can get along