AFL Men Round19 Collingwood vs Richmond

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Congratulations to Dion Prestia - 2019 Jack Dyer Medal winner

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
We are back in winning form but I think we are still nowhere near our peak yet.
This is one game I hope we are up to nearly 100% and smash the bejesus out of them.

Caddy has been learning to play defensive wing and getting back behind the ball to cut off balls and propel us forward.

Im pretty sure Caddy is playing this week, Nank played a half and Im not sure its enough especially coming up against Grundy so he either stays out for mine or replaces Chol leaving Soldo to ruck the most.

Im going to say outs are Chol and Baker unluckily for both of them.
Ins Caddy and Nankervis - im skeptical bringing in Nank so undone but Grundy will annihilate Chol and man handle Soldo most of the time so Nank needs to chop Soldo out.

Astbury to Mihocek
Grimes to DeGoey with other players aware to cut in front of DeGoeys leads which he normally leads out to his left so easy to read which way he will go mostly.

Have to send Graham to Sidebottom or Pendlebury to stop one of them

B- Short - Grimes - Vlastuin
HB- Houli - Astbury - Edwards
C- Caddy - Cotchin - Ellis
HF- Rioli - Riewoldt - Lambert
F- Castagna - Lynch - Stack
R- Soldo - Martin - Prestia
INT- Broad - Nankervis - Graham - Bolton
EMG- Baker- Chol - Naish - Smith

Last edited by a moderator:

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Tiger milestones this game:

200 games - Bachar Houli
150 games captained - Trent Cotchin. Third most games captained in club history behind Percy Bentley (168 games, 1932-40) and Jack Dyer (160 games, 1940-49).

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
I don't think McIntosh played at all last weekend, I wonder if he just needed a rest? Stack looked a little tired to me, might be time for him too, especially on a 6 day break. Caddy sat out the 4th quarter against Box Hill.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Who's taking Cox, or is Collingwood dropping him this week? :)
We’ve got no one for him and he’s played one good game in his life which happened to be the prelim
I’d send Broad to him as I think Mihocek is more dangerous so Astbury stays on him

Only other option is to retain Chol and play him down back as Cox is 211cm

Yeah but he’s the least of our worries of their forwards in terms of rating him

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Caddy in for Baker or Graham.

Nank to keep rebuilding for finals with increased game time in the VFL.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Caddy to come back and play the McIntosh wing role with more class and better ball finding ability?

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Do your research, he had 12 last time so 36 isn’t out of the question since wingmen are meant to get a bit of ball not just 12 touches and butcher half of them :p
So I did the research, McIntosh averages 14 disposals this year (gee, I was a long way off without doing any research).
And, just in case you’re wondering, Caddy has had 30+ disposals twice. In his whole career. Twice.
3x14.......more than he’s ever had. Comfortably.

Also, while we are on the subject of research. KM disposal efficiency this year is 69%. Caddy tracking along at 61%. Caddy averages exactly 17 disposals for the last three years...obviously played a lot of forward 50mins there though.

Thanks for the research suggestion...

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
In 2019, Kamdyn averages 14.1 disposals per game at 69% disposal efficiency.

Source: afl.com.au

Reactions: Readie9

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
So I did the research, McIntosh averages 14 disposals this year (gee, I was a long way off without doing any research).
And, just in case you’re wondering, Caddy has had 30+ disposals twice. In his whole career. Twice.
3x14.......more than he’s ever had. Comfortably.

Also, while we are on the subject of research. KM disposal efficiency this year is 69%. Caddy tracking along at 61%. Caddy averages exactly 17 disposals for the last three years...obviously played a lot of forward 50mins there though.

Thanks for the research suggestion...

Exactly Caddy plays forward whilst the other plays on a wing and is meant to get touches.
Caddy was sent to vfl to learn to play McIntosh’s role of dropping back and picking up touches which he hasn’t been doing so they’ve looked at others to do his role

McIntosh has been very poor most of the year and lucky to get games but prob due to our Injuries he stayed.
Aves 14 touches a game on a wing, that’s great numbers there perhaps we should trade him to the suns he’d fit in well there ;)

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
No Nankervis this week he will play a little more VFL time.
Caddy will be playing the defensive wing role and due to him dropping back Edwards will play more forward.

Rance is back training but no decision still if he will come back this year, I think he is proving he is capable of playing but the club is petrified if anything will happen. I think if he has the docs approval and is ticking all the boxes then hes right to go and it wont matter if he plays this year or next it will go if its not right be it during finals, in round 1 next year or back end of next year, its just one of those things like Goldsack made it back within a year and has been fine since and yet poor Lynden Dunn waited the whole year and did it again first game

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
No change

Strange since he was spuiking Caddy and his new role today and Caddy isn’t even an emergency

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Caddy's best work for Richmond has been as a forward. With the likes of Lynch and Chol now playing there, his only option is to re invent himself in another role, which Hardwick mentioned he's working on.

I have doubts he can fill another role better than players already in that role, but good he's being given a chance.

Soldo's confidence has improved with regular game time, looking forward to see how he goes against Grundy.

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
The weather could be the deciding factor in this game.
It negates their taller forwards in Cox, Mihocek and Grundy.
And our smaller players are brought into the game more.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Dominant.

I really hate it when we give up soft goals at the end of the game though.

honestjohn

Listed Player
Nov 25, 2011
Cotchin "hamstring awareness" really? I reckon it's just a ploy to give him some time off with the new bub for the next three weeks

Bones

Listed Player
Aug 8, 2016
Really liked Chol's game. And I've never seen Lynch play that well before. Houli and Prestia are continuing to have their best years for the club. And Dusty is clearly back. That the team can play that well without Cotchin and Rance will worry the other premiership contenders. Eat 'em alive.

Reactions: Vines

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
The chemistry between lynch and the rest of the team (but especially jack) is awesome. He looks great on the lead.

I loved Cotch’s start, and along with dusty they set the tone. Shame about the hammy.

Grimes. Me him and Lambo need to sit down together.

Astbury Tigger And Broad are back to their best as a 3.

Prestia. Probably a JD medallist by October.