September Update

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Congratulations to Dion Prestia - 2019 Jack Dyer Medal winner

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I thought that I'd revisit my regular updates to keep you all updated with what's going on with the site.

I'm about to introduce a new theme - I'm keeping the black background....don't worry! :) I've got the theme looking about 90% right, but will release it and keep improving it over the next week or so. As far I can tell, everything is readable, just needs some refinement in places.The new theme has many extra layouts and tools that I'll implement in future, so will work on switching these on over the next weeks.

The new theme is a precursor to a major improvement I'm about to implement. I know that I've tried this before, but I'm going to integrate the forum software (Xenforo) with the blog software (Wordpress). This will allow the flexibility to create blog posts and publish them on the forum which will allow for comments on the blog or the forum to appear in both places. There will also be the ability for forum posts to be promoted to blog posts so that many of you who create great threads will then have the opportunity to have them showcased on the website homepage.

I'll implement this new feature soon, so apologies in advance if the site is offline for a little while because I've stuffed things up :)

I will post updates as I go. In the meantime, enjoy the new theme.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I've had a crack at integrating the blog and forums and I think it's working now!

I'll publish an article on the blog soon and share it with the forum to see if this part works.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I've been successful at integrating the forum and the blog - they even look the same now which is what I'd hoped to achieve.

I posted an article on the blog and automatically created a post on the forum. Added a comment on the blog and a reply on the forum and both appeared in each place!

I reckon it's time to go to bed now.....I've achieved what I'd hoped :)

One thing I've noticed is that I appear to have lost the like functionality from the forum. I'll investigate this tomorrow and fix it (if I can).

Reactions: Vosstiger