Site Software update

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Anduril

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Site Immortal
Jul 25, 2007
Seem to have lost the 'top' function at the bottom of each page.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Seem to have lost the 'top' function at the bottom of each page.
It's now at the top left of the page. The top menu stays at the top story scroll so it's always available.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
The header and menu was "sticky" so that it would show when scrolling down. No longer sticky so the page scroll looks a little nicer.

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
We all know the 4 little symbols top right hand corner, yes?

Profile; Converstaion; Alerts and . . . just a sec - yeah, Log Out.

Well, each time I log on I have 2 sets of numbers up there showing in red. Both numbers are the same, say: 3 Profiles and 3 Alerts. When opened they both show exactly the same thing.

Just saying . . . .

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
We all know the 4 little symbols top right hand corner, yes?

Profile; Converstaion; Alerts and . . . just a sec - yeah, Log Out.

Well, each time I log on I have 2 sets of numbers up there showing in red. Both numbers are the same, say: 3 Profiles and 3 Alerts. When opened they both show exactly the same thing.

Just saying . . . .
Same here. If you view the alerts, the other set goes away too. It is just showing in your profile that you have some alerts to be alerted to.

Remember, the world needs lerts.

Gimme

Recruit
Sep 27, 2007
As a recent (unwilling) member of facebook I fear I am all lerted out!

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
As a recent (unwilling) member of facebook I fear I am all lerted out!
I don't quite understand why I get alerts saying that someone has posted to a thread. I kind of expect that to happen and that is what New Posts is for.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I don't quite understand why I get alerts saying that someone has posted to a thread. I kind of expect that to happen and that is what New Posts is for.
You'll receive an alert if you have subscribed to a thread.

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
You'll receive an alert if you have subscribed to a thread.
Didn't know I had. What means subscribe? Is it simply an alert trigger so you can spot activity more quickly?

Rumpole

Listed Player
Feb 17, 2010
Didn't know I had. What means subscribe? Is it simply an alert trigger so you can spot activity more quickly?
Hey Eggman,

I received a notification for your post in this thread and I assume that subscribing happens when you have been active in a topic/thread.

It's not too bad a thing.

seenitall

Site Immortal
Jul 2, 2004
Burwood East
If you post in a thread, the software automatically subscribes you to that thread, @Egg.

I believe you can switch this facility off in your personal profile.

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
Ta. I'll let it be for a while and see how it goes.

Egg

Listed Player
Apr 27, 2010
BTW, what's a wrtisband? Sounds vaguely Anglo-saxon: The wrtisband of Brisingamen.

One thing that I would like to see is a link to the forum on the home page. Maybe under the community tab, which goes nowhere at present. I have the forum bookmarked but the only way to navigate there seems to be by clicking on one of the posts shown on the right.

believe!

Recruit
Jun 10, 2012
the wierdstone of brisingamen is one of my favourite books @Egg!

well done @Ned on the new site software, and getting everything across to it.

one thing i do miss, alas- the blue double arrow thing in thread box: "go to last unread"

i see that appears when i click on a thread in my alert, it seems though that it's one extra step compared to before?