What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Lions here
  • UPDATED August 20!

AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 22 game versus West Coast. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 20 game versus Essendon. View the stats totals here.

VFL Women - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 15 versus Western Bulldogs. View the stats totals here.

• The current ladder positions of our teams are:

AFL Men: 4th ⇨

VFL Men: 1st ⇨

VFL Women: 3rd ⇨

Stack RS

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Probably a long time coming, but well deserved recognition for Stacky.
His timing when jumping for intercept marks is awesome, he’s calm in traffic, and he makes really good decisions generally.
And, he’s hard as nails.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
About time. Actually had two or three better games but sheer weight of numbers got him the nod this weekend.

Would not surprise me if he is not at the top of the list at the end of the season.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I think Sam Walsh will win it unanimously, unless one of the voters is from SA and picks Rozee. I love the upside of Stack, Balta and Ross.
Baker has been a great find too.

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
I liked his game V Geelong , he was often in the thick of it mixing with the bigger bodies
but Geelongs structures and ball use were too good for him to get too many opportunities

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Hopefully Stack will have the maturity to turn his first season into a 250+ game career - and all for the Tigers.

Going to be one of the Tiger Army all time favourites if he can.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Even though Stack deserves the Rising Star on performance alone, there are other factors in his favour too.
He's a poster boy for young indigenous Australians wanting to play AFL, from taking part in the Dreamtime war dance to his on field camaraderie with Betts, you won't find a better role model kid from troubled background to AFL success story.

When you consider his kryptonite status in the AFL pre this season, to now being a determined, disciplined character playing elite footy at the elite level, no one has risen more than Sydney.

If he stays on the park for the rest of the season, he deserves and should win the Rising Star award.

Anduril

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Site Immortal
Jul 25, 2007
Even though Stack deserves the Rising Star on performance alone, there are other factors in his favour too.
He's a poster boy for young indigenous Australians wanting to play AFL, from taking part in the Dreamtime war dance to his on field camaraderie with Betts, you won't find a better role model kid from troubled background to AFL success story.

When you consider his kryptonite status in the AFL pre this season, to now being a determined, disciplined character playing elite footy at the elite level, no one has risen more than Sydney.

If he stays on the park for the rest of the season, he deserves and should win the Rising Star award.
Agree! Tigers deserve kudos too for recruiting him and giving the encouragement and framework to get where he is. Says a lot about our Club and I'll bet there are plenty of others Clubs wanting to emulate us. Also makes us an even more attractive 'destination'.
Jack Ross told me Sydney indicated to him that he was going there, they had the pick after we took Jack. He was all set to go to Sydney but felt like he'd won the lottery when Richmond called his name.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
He looks a ripper Andi! Hope his ankle heals nicely and he can have another full pre-season.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Going to be hot for spots in the midfield with Jack Ross coming back.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Provided Cotchin's hammy allows him to play through the rest of the season.

If he doesn't will it be Caddy or Ross?