Supercoach 2017

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
My guys are struggling for consistency. Different guys score well and then don't. Have to get them all firing after the byes or I will be too far back to make the finals.

Coaching is a tough job.

Lazza

Recruit
Oct 3, 2007
I'm playing Crusher and Saul Goodmans (does anyone know who this is ???) this week and Black and believe! every week...

C'mon @Black, lift your game you're 3 behind :p

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
yahoo got up against that pesky Rusty Trombone by a slim 10 points and storms into 5th.

My team taking shape. Just a couple of adjustments and flying home.

Lazza

Recruit
Oct 3, 2007
yahoo got up against that pesky Rusty Trombone by a slim 10 points and storms into 5th.

My team taking shape. Just a couple of adjustments and flying home.
Been very quiet has @Black ..

Tough gig this week Gracie being up against James (Saul Goodman) .. wish I knew who he was .. I reckon he is a blow-in ...

I've got @Jools this week .. my pulse is already racing ..

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Been very quiet has @Black
Just tryin' to keep a low profile Laz.

Not easy to do when you've got media permanently camped out the front of your house after a couple of close losses.

They've had a field day this week after posting the 2nd highest score in the comp but still managing to lose.

And of course it's magnified when you lose to a complete basket case like Naomi.

There's been a lot of criticism for what can only be described as a baffling rookie error by the coach when setting up the captain's loophole last week.

Rumours of alcohol being involved are rife.

The official statement from the club was...'Thank f**k the byes are done with'

Keep it under your hat , but my mail is that Rusty is just warming up.

believe!

Recruit
Jun 10, 2012
ive got 6 trades left.

i do this every year despite repeated resolutions to the contrary :p

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
I've got 10, but I bought Scott Selwood in last week - quick bust :(

believe!

Recruit
Jun 10, 2012
I've got 10, but I bought Scott Selwood in last week - quick bust :(
nothing has me questioning the universe in a why me manner quite like a new recruit going down with an injury.

[obviously there are way worse things in life, but in supercoach it's a killer]

and the fella you trade out usually goes against their current form and tonnes up :p

Lazza

Recruit
Oct 3, 2007
just curious- what is the highest season rank you guys have had? [if youre a nerd and remember these things]

just saw on the sc app in team history that mine is 7,145.

@Lazza you and i have about 50 points between us in total score so far, should be a good contest when we play.
Well @believe!, we are still neck and neck ... 55 points difference (in the comp) .. you're still behind by the way ..:D

I notice you are ranked 2115 !!!! What's your total points for all games?
I lost 676 positions last round ... premos stunk it up .. but still under 2000. I'm on 27,035 points.

In the rivalries we are 4 and 4 :confused: .... and I have @Black 9 and 4 ..:D

believe!

Recruit
Jun 10, 2012
Well @believe!, we are still neck and neck ... 55 points difference (in the comp) .. you're still behind by the way ..:D

I notice you are ranked 2115 !!!! What's your total points for all games?
I lost 676 positions last round ... premos stunk it up .. but still under 2000. I'm on 27,035 points.

In the rivalries we are 4 and 4 :confused: .... and I have @Black 9 and 4 ..:D

total points 26,998- 37 between us. i kind of can't believe my rank, i've made some terrible decisions this year!

ours is a true rivalry, whereas yours and @Black's is kind of sadly one-sided. i'm sure he tries, but just doesn't understand the game well enough. :D

Lazza

Recruit
Oct 3, 2007
total points 26,998- 37 between us. i kind of can't believe my rank, i've made some terrible decisions this year!

ours is a true rivalry, whereas yours and @Black's is kind of sadly one-sided. i'm sure he tries, but just doesn't understand the game well enough. :D
Hahhaa, can't wait for @Black's response ..

Same, but it's been a tough year for everyone .. the rookies this year have mostly been poor and not many have had a good run of games to fatten the bank to enable timely upgrades ... I've had to do some unnatural things to avoid donuts ... as a result I will be 2 short of what I call full premo by the time finals come around ....

believe!

Recruit
Jun 10, 2012
... I've had to do some unnatural things to avoid donuts...
like go the long way around the supermarket to the deli?

go down a level and along and then back up to kmart to bypass that bloody wendy's?

me too!!

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
ive got 6 trades left.

i do this every year despite repeated resolutions to the contrary :p

I'm a trade junkie and I've still got 11 left , so you definitely need to check in to rehab.

I bought Scott Selwood in last week - quick bust :(

Same , don't you hate that !

He's been named on the extended bench though so I'm keeping the powder dry until I see the final teams tomorrow night.

But don't worry , I have a cunning plan in mind if he isn't selected.

If he's named as a certain starter tomorrow night but then is a late withdrawal on sunday , i'll be suing Chris Scott for Supercoach perjury.

I clearly don't understand the game coz I have no idea what you're even talking about ?

I guess there's a tab somewhere ?

May as well delete it coz I won't be clicking on it. I'm all about premierships my friend , and finals aren't played in June.

Lazza

Recruit
Oct 3, 2007
So @Black it's come down to this ... you and me in the Prelim .. we won't play off in the Granny ... one of us will be up against @Jools or the mystery mr nobody .... still have no idea who James is or where he came from... any way good luck to all, well, not all really ....

believe!

Recruit
Jun 10, 2012
my season is falling apart at the wrong end, be lucky to field 22 this week...

give you an idea of how arse-up this year has been- my highest score for the season came in round. ****ing. two.

:confused:

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
So @Black it's come down to this ... you and me in the Prelim .. we won't play off in the Granny ... one of us will be up against @Jools or the mystery mr nobody .... still have no idea who James is or where he came from... any way good luck to all, well, not all really ....
What happened to you in the other comp Laz ?

Just got bundled straight out without a whimper ?

And what makes it even worse is the bloke who beat you actually finished 9th but was elevated into the finals after @Vosstiger got suspended for using performance enhancing drugs.

I was cruising up until 2 weeks ago.

Had trades , cash and almost a full house of premiums....but then bang ! I lost Montagna , Selwood and Ablett in one week and had to burn all my trades and cash patching up my team for the finals.

I'm on life support but still breathing.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Hey are you calling me Carlton
Yes and I apologize.

Nobody should have to suffer that indignity.

Hey where's @Gracie ? What happened to your cunning plan ?

Folded like a deck of cards when you came up against the wily old Blackster.

:D

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Yes and I apologize.

Nobody should have to suffer that indignity.

Hey where's @Gracie ? What happened to your cunning plan ?

Folded like a deck of cards when you came up against the wily old Blackster.

Lol came down to Kelly and Franklin in your team.

We only had 7 different players.

Pretty happy with the result. Regularly around 2200 for most of the last half. Best l have ever done.

On top in two other leagues.

All good

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Lol came down to Kelly and Franklin in your team.

We only had 7 different players.

I noticed that and was gonna ask if you'd been stalking my team selections in the 2nd half of the year ?

On top in two other leagues.

I'm in a league where there's a few bucks involved and the past 2 years I've finished top 4 and gone out in straight sets ( and copped a lot of grief from my so called friends about it )

So after winning 15 of my past 18 games in my three comps this year leading into finals and finishing top 4 in all those comps , it's fair to say I was a tad nervous.

Those nerves turned into sheer terror after I got beaten last week in all three comps.

Surely not ? Straight sets in all three comps ?

So thanks for saving me from jumping off the Westgate Gracie ;)